Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

In golf?

7,566 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JoeAggie5
jrgypsum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Classic
"He's like a rabbit back there — a rabbit on steroids," Miller said of Michael. "And he's got speed like a cheetah. He's like a hybrid mutant running back."
mm42
Thought Saban handled it perfectly. He is the GOAT, so he can say whatever he wants. Gonna be fun.
Sponge
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Saban was asked about Jimbo saying he was going to beat his ass and his response was "in golf?"

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
These two are pretty good friends, aren't they?

Is it just me or has Saban gotten maybe a tiny bit more likable in the last couple of years?
Brian DeSpain
Jimbo would beat Saban in one on one basketball. Muschamp said Saban got to pick first every time in the pick up games at LSU. And always picked Jimbo first.
cords12
I like it! Because Saban took bulletin board material and handed it right back to Jimbo! Play this video the week of Bama game. In golf? And everyone starts laughing... Hear that team? These people are laughing because they don't think we can beat Bama!!!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
cords12 said:

I like it! Because Saban took bulletin board material and handed it right back to Jimbo! Play this video the week of Bama game. In golf? And everyone starts laughing... Hear that team? These people are laughing because they don't think we can beat Bama!!!
Yup. I wished Jimbo hadn't said it but this was about the best response we could have asked for from Saban.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
I love both the audacity of jimbos statement and Sabans response. good bull.
InMyOffice
AG
Aren't they playing in a golf tournament together this month in West Virginia?? Honestly I'm not sure Saban has jokes like we are all assuming, I think he was seriously asking if the reporter was referring to their golf tournament...
azul_rain
It's moments like these I wish jimbo would just keep quiet
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
alamogeorge
AG
There was a time when Montana, Wilt, Nicklaus, and Bear were the GOAT. This King too shall fall.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Dex_Mick_Bear
hedge said:

Next time, just use your skirt to cover your ears...
azul_rain
It doesn't reach
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
BusterAg
AG
Funny response.

Not hateful. Classy.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
p-wonk01
AG
Can't wait for A&M/Bama media day
AG
Dex_Mick_Bear said:

hedge said:

Next time, just use your skirt to cover your ears...
woodlees
AG
Classy response, very clever by Saban.

In saying that TAMU is up and coming that was actually a backhanded response as it implies that we are still not at Alabama's level. He made that clear more than once in his response

My take on what Jimbo is doing is letting his staff and players know that their coach believes they are ready to take that next step and beat Alabama. Now that team knows where their coach stands on that issue. First step in instilling the requisite confidence the team needs to beat Alabama

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TxAg76
AG
Link?
500,000ags
AG
This was a great back and forth. Jimbo is pretty calculated in his public comments. It's one thing that has surprised me the most about him. I was worried about the used car salesman vibes initially, but everything he's done is championship caliber.

Jimbo didn't come out in year 1,2,3 and antagonize Nick Saban. He's in year 4 with a lot of returning talent on defense and he wants his team to know he isn't scared of beating greatness or being great.

West Point Aggie
AG
Hearty clap for Sabanhe really has Z E R O need to get into any kind chippiness with anyone as he has NOTHING to prove.
Let’s Go Brandon!
yeshellyes
AG
NC coaches giving each other bulletin board material. Strange.
West Point Aggie
AG
500,000ags said:

This was a great back and forth. Jimbo is pretty calculated in his public comments. It's one thing that has surprised me the most about him. I was worried about the used car salesman vibes initially, but everything he's done is championship caliber.

Jimbo didn't come out in year 1,2,3 and antagonize Nick Saban. He's in year 4 with a lot of returning talent on defense and he wants his team to know he isn't scared of beating greatness or being great.

He can just as easily intimate this to his players without the public drama that media clearly loves. Seems frankly very Ole Miss to meand that is not a compliment.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Equipment staff should have golf clubs on the sidelines for that game.
ratfacemcdougal
Lighten up Francis'sssss

Jimbo knew the comments would be out there. It's really all fun and games, friends pokeing and playing.....until GAMEDAY. Then we kick their azz.
InMyOffice
AG
West Point Aggie said:

500,000ags said:

He can just as easily intimate this to his players without the public drama that media clearly loves. Seems frankly very Ole Miss to meand that is not a compliment.

I don't get how anyone interprets the exchange as "too far" within context (ie not just reading a transcript and applying your own tone). How would you prefer him answer the question? Maybe without a swear word?

He didn't say we are going to beat Saban this season, like some outlets alleged. In fact, the only parameters put on his timeline to beat Saban ONCE was before the man retires. If Jimbo didn't expect to beat Bama once in his next 7 years, I would be concerned with the coach we chose tbh.
WhereItsWarm
AG
Herb Brooks - "Somebody's gonna beat those guys"!
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
Saban with the not so subtle jab
AggieZUUL
AG
Yes in golf! Scared Saban?
74AnimalA
AG
I admire the hell out of Sabin. The only school last year to Keep all the Social Justice BS away from their mission. What does he call it Rat Poison?

Nick also knows that SO FAR None of his Assistants have beat him YET!!!!
Win At Life
AG
hedge said:

It doesn't reach

That's what she said /[Michael Scott]
arontc09
AG
He called the Number 1 rankings, Alabama is the greatest football team of all time, they can't be beaten stuff rat poison. If he called social justice rat poison, he'd lose the team, or at least some of them. He actually participated in social justice demonstrations with the team, but he did it in an environment he had control over rather than a place where the situation might have devolved into something dangerous for his players.
tk for tu juan
Guess every TD celebration should be a golf swing
EKG1996
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Guess every TD celebration should be a golf swing
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Post game celebratory golf cart drive

?itemid=4943808
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.