Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Was Jimbo this bullish last offseason?

7,412 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Triple-T
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jimbo has been putting in a mindset of excellence. His locker room speeches are obvious that he is essentially demanding perfection from the best by the best. However, they've seemed hesitant at points or coupled with things that need to change.

Maybe he has put his system in place and is with players he trusts to do what he preaches this year
Maroon Dawn
AG
Likely too young this year to win any hardware but he sees this group as the ones that will grow into a team and program that can compete for hardware
TopoTacos
AG
Gump 02 said:

TxAg76 said:

I know we're the kings of "next year", but I really do think we'll be absolutely nasty and hard for anyone to handle next year.

This year I think we'll be pretty good, but not quite Championship good yet. Rookie QB, lots of green OLine, and who knows at WRs.

I think there is too much emphasis placed on this. Many teams have won with 1st year starters, and the first two that come to mind are Florida St. and Clemson.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you here, but let's remember some context that those two include a Heisman winner and one of arguably the top-3 QB prospects of the past 25 years.

Now, one of those HCs was in fact the very same coach that we now have on our sideline... but it's insanely tough to win a title and getting anywhere close to what we did last year with a first year starter is a tremendous accomplishment.
greg.w.h
AG
I spend very little tile being superstitious over things coaches say. Jimbo was dangling red meat in front of partisans. Nothing more. No thing less. But he showed he is capable of putting his money where his mouth is.
lil_frog8
AG
What was Jimbo's O-line situation when he won the National championship in year 4 with a freshman QB? History repeating?
Triple-T
AG
But what does "Doctor" Fauci think of Jimbo's comments?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.