Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jake Ehlinger found dead

57,365 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by combat wombat™
Geriatric Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn. Days after his brother gets drafted. Horrible swing of emotions for the family. Heartbreaking.
Aggie
AG
That's terrible

I don't know if Sam has any other siblings but for a family to lose a dad at a young age then a 20 year old kid.

That's tough
T&P
Earl_Rudder
AG
There aren't many longhorns that I respect, but Sam Ehlinger is one of them.

That photo of him being the only player in front of their band after the loss to OU (while he scored 6 TDs and had 400 total yards...) when they played The Eyes of Texas showed me what kind of character he has. I severely dislike that song, but I respect the hell out of him for standing up for his university in the face of garbage marxist and racist divisions.

no matter what the cause of death is I feel terrible for Sam and his family.
johnnyg88
Aggie said:

That's terrible

I don't know if Sam has any other siblings but for a family to lose a dad at a young age then a 20 year old kid.

That's tough
T&P
He also has a sister.
ctag76
AG
Prayers on the way.
"But there's a spirit can ne'er be told ... It's the spirit of Aggieland."
bam02
AG
rsf0626 said:

Damn.... i feel for Sam. Lost his dad when he was 14 and now his brother. Brutal

Damn.
whatthehey78
AG
Definitely sad. T&P
Meximan
Rivalries end where tragedy begins

T&P

Waffledynamics
AG
That's horrible. My thoughts to Sam and the entire family. Nobody deserves this.
Max Power
AG
Earl_Rudder said:

That photo of him being the only player in front of their band after the loss to OU (while he scored 6 TDs and had 400 total yards...) when they played The Eyes of Texas showed me what kind of character he has. I severely dislike that song, but I respect the hell out of him for standing up for his university in the face of garbage marxist and racist divisions.

I watched the end of that game, he seemed to be the only guy on their team that cared. He almost single-handedly kept them in that game. He kept getting hit, and kept getting up, the kid's got grit. My thoughts go out to him during such a trying time.
itsyourboypookie
Earl_Rudder said:

Same.

T&P
Divining Rod
horrible. yeah, prayer is the best we can do for them.
tk111
AG
Heartbreaking...Prayers for his family.
HTownAg
AG
Horrible news.....

Praying for the whole family
aTm2004
AG
I didn't care for Sam because he's a sip QB, but watching him be the only one out there after a loss showed me his love of his school was well beyond the locker room, and because of that, I will always respect him.

I didn't know he lost his father when he was a teen, and to have to deal with this just days after the highest of highs...I can't imagine. I pray this family is able to find the answers they need for closure and comfort. I also hope he enjoys a long healthy life with his sister and mother.
PneumAg
Aston 91 said:

I'm sure the full story will come out in time, but I don't think now is the time for speculation. "Not suspicious" could just mean no obvious trauma to the body. Considering his dad was in apparent excellent health and died of a heart attack in the midst of a triathlon, I don't think a health issue can be ruled out.

I'm not speculating.
evestor1
I'm feeling terrible for the family here. The person I worry about most is the mother.

How one could even get our of bed after losing a husband and son in unexpected and untimely deaths.

Very sad
azul_rain
COD ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
sportsfreak1975
T&P
ashley
Their dad dies of a heart attack at a young age.
Prayers.
HECUBUS
AG
Second football player in my son's HS class gone this year. Jackson Coker died in a car crash in March.
i is smart
AG
I loved watching Ehlinger play and genuinely hope he does well at the next level. T&Ps to his family.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to the family.
BrotherChad
AG
Did the details of what actually happen ever come out?
azul_rain
we are certain its an **, but nothing official
lotoarmy
AG
evestor1 said:

I'm feeling terrible for the family here. The person I worry about most is the mother.

How one could even get our of bed after losing a husband and son in unexpected and untimely deaths.

Very sad
With all sincerity, I am sure Sam is a great son, and will help her through it. She is blessed in that way.
Last of the Old Army
azul_rain
Was there ever a COD on the departed ?
SJEAg
AG
accidental overdose I think?
dcg4403
AG
Horrible for the Ehlinger family. I really have a ton of respect for the family as a whole and Sam as a player, student and leader.

Family will never release the COD officially most likely. But appears to be an opioid related OD. And if he had a diagnosed heart conditon...this certainly didn't improve with increased risk factors.

Just so sad and my prayers continue to go out to the family regardless of the COD. The Ehlingers have gone through a lot and we can all learn something from their losses.

QB1
AG
Unfortunately I heard it was most likely pills he got that were laced with fentanyl or something else...apparently going around right now in downtown Austin. Sad
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I don't understand the whole lacing drugs with fentanyl. Seems pretty stupid to kill off your customers.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

I don't understand the whole lacing drugs with fentanyl. Seems pretty stupid to kill off your customers.
To get people hooked on opioids. He might have been more sensitive to it than most or maybe the batch he got had too much laced in. Sad situation.
agent-maroon
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Dealers aren't trying to kill anybody with their products. Fentanyl is so concentrated that just a little insufficient mixing can create random higher doses that can be lethal. Can't tell by looking and the only way to avoid it is to have proper mixing equipment and a thorough QC program, neither of which is going to be the case with street drugs.

Thoughts and prayers to the Ehrlinger family. We lost a nephew earlier this year to the same situation. He had been released from jail about 24 hours. It hurts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
That is tragic. Prayers for Sam Ehlinger and his family.
BrandoC
AG
The only way to avoid it, is to not take drugs!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.