Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jake Ehlinger found dead

57,430 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by combat wombat™
The Agly Duckling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts and prayers for all of his family and friends. That's every parents' nightmare. Awful.
TxAgswin
AG
Awful tragedy.

T&P for the family.
"A house divided cannot stand"

Abraham Lincoln
jonb02
AG
Prayers sent. I lost someone to fentanyl.
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
Hawk2007
No cause of death has been released to my knowledge, and it appears every one elses knowledge.

No point in speculating, because we all know what that means. The silence is deafening.

Don't do drugs kids.
. . .
Divining Rod
Nice to make it official. I'm sure that was a hard thing for the family to do, and I think sharing that will actually bring them a little more peace.
Jawbreaker
. . . said:

This saddens me. After a friend of mine OD'd due to Fent I look south at the open door. I'll take it to the politics board.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Sad
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
S.A. Aggie
AG
I have to blame the dumb assess for taking the crap. Why is it always someone else's fault they OD'd?
mjfrog
AG
No words. T&P for the family.
Tamuco99
Aren't all overdoses accidental?
Not Coach Jimbo
Tamuco99 said:

Aren't all overdoses accidental?

No, and weird bump.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

I have to blame the dumb assess for taking the crap. Why is it always someone else's fault they OD'd?

Fentanyl is a different beast. Nobody takes fentanyl. The drug dealers lace other drugs with it to give the other drugs more kick so people unwittingly OD on something they thought was otherwise harmless. In this case, it was Xanax.
What I don't get is, if he needed Xanax, he had the means to get a prescription so why buy it on the streets??? Of course, it is probably a thing to abuse it.

arontc09
AG
Xanax is one of the most abused prescription drugs, right behind opiates. They probably even looked genuine, but were cartel-made counterfeits, which is a thing that happens now.
setsmachine
AG
Our church had a seminar recently on "Loving Someone with an Addiction". Between the panel of speakers and the questions from the audience, it was eye-opening how many stories there were about drug use being linked to sports injuries. Don't know if that was the case here, just think it's a very real issue.
TopoTacos
AG
It's a real pipeline. I think the general public doesn't realize how easy it can be to get addicted to opiates in a "legal" way. We as a country have a long way to go in our need to combat the addiction, rather than completely demonizing the addict.

I hope that the Ehlinger family can find a measure of solace in the report and begin the healing process.
bigblackag12
AG
arontc09 said:

Xanax is one of the most abused prescription drugs, right behind opiates. They probably even looked genuine, but were cartel-made counterfeits, which is a thing that happens now.

Most of the counterfeit opiates and benzos are coming from across the pacific.

At least thats what my notes say.
AustinCountyAg
Emilio Fantastico said:

S.A. Aggie said:

Fentanyl is a different beast. Nobody takes fentanyl. The drug dealers lace other drugs with it to give the other drugs more kick so people unwittingly OD on something they thought was otherwise harmless. In this case, it was Xanax.
What I don't get is, if he needed Xanax, he had the means to get a prescription so why buy it on the streets??? Of course, it is probably a thing to abuse it.

why would a drug dealer lace another drug with a stronger drug that could kill the user? seems like an easy way to kill business?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

S.A. Aggie said:

why would a drug dealer lace another drug with a stronger drug that could kill the user? seems like an easy way to kill business?

Pretty much every black market drug is cut all the time so they can use the actual drug (in this case, Xanax) over more pills. The fentanyl gives you a heavier kick, so nobody complains until it's too late. But these guys aren't Walter white, and everyone's body reacts differently, so OD'ing is a problem.

No clue why he would not just get a regular prescription, but maybe it's cheaper off the street if it's not covered by insurance. Maybe he had never tried it before, and someone offered it to him at a party. Who knows.
Foxo
AG
Its not good.
sleepybeagle
AG
So many people will wear masks, not touch a bathroom door knob, only eat organic food...

...but never think twice about putting drugs in their body that were manufactured/cut by a high school drop-out in a rat infested run-down RV outside of Johnson City.
agent-maroon
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

S.A. Aggie said:

Fentanyl is so powerful that even the slightest miscalculation or failure to mix completely can yield spot doses strong enough to kill you. Cartels aren't running commercial mixers 150% over the minimum run times. They're probably being hand shaken in an empty gallon jug by the new guy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Houstonag
AG
Is this an example that can be traced back to illegal drugs coming across the border?
bigblackag12
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

S.A. Aggie said:

Many times the dealer doesnt care what his product is as long as it can be sold. So if its really just fiberglass but it looks like mdma you can make a killing. No pun intended.

Cutting with cheap counterfeits you can easily buy from the far east is a win win for dealers that actually manufacture their product. And those cheap counterfeits are driving the cartels crazy because they are very well organized and can not match the output, so they just joined in with friends across the pacific. The world wide black market drug trade has advanced and evolved greatly to a point where you have ports and shipping logistics infrastructure owned and operated by the same people that counterfeit the drugs.

It is much cheaper and reliable to purchase illicit substances online from China than it is to safely do so from the cartels. And if you are a big time dealer of pills, you typically will have a wide selection. If theyre all laced with fentanyl and you also sell fentanyl, well then its great busniess sense from that very morbid perspective.
bigblackag12
AG
Houstonag said:

Is this an example that can be traced back to illegal drugs coming across the border?

You guys are mistaken if you believe our fentanyl issue starts and ends with the cartel. They are producers but they are also the worlds best middle men into the us black market.
combat wombat™
AG
Did he OD on Xanax or was he POISONED by Xanax that contained Fentanyl? BIG difference.
sbag
AG
You can thank Joe Biden for the open border that lets these illegal drugs cross on a daily basis.
Let's go Brandon!
Duckhook
AG
sbag said:

You can thank Joe Biden for the open border that lets these illegal drugs cross on a daily basis.
Let's go Brandon!

I did not know that we had a cross-border drug smuggling problem that only began in January 2021. Learn something new every day.
bullagg61
AG
The pills being sold on the black market look just like the real pill, but have none of the real ingredients. They have the same markings, color and everything. If you buy a pill on the black market, any downer (Xanax, Oxy, etc) is going to contain fentanyl. Any upper (adderall, ecstasy, etc) is going to contain meth. Most of these pills are pressed by gang bangers who sell them in clubs to people who think they're getting the real thing.
combat wombat™
AG
bullagg61 said:

The pills being sold on the black market look just like the real pill, but have none of the real ingredients. They have the same markings, color and everything. If you buy a pill on the black market, any downer (Xanax, Oxy, etc) is going to contain fentanyl. Any upper (adderall, ecstasy, etc) is going to contain meth. Most of these pills are pressed by gang bangers who sell them in clubs to people who think they're getting the real thing.

That's terrifying.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.