Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo to TD Club re: Saban "We're going to beat his ass."

10,731 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ol Rock
SEC Champs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher is confident his team will emerge victorious after the next matchup against Nick Saban's Alabama squad.

During an appearance at a Houston Touchdown Club event, Fisher was asked whether Saban's retirement would be the only way the Aggies could beat the Crimson Tide, but the Texas A&M head coach doesn't think that's necessary.

"We're going to beat his ass when he's there, don't worry," Fisher said, according to ESPN's Alex Scarborough.

Fisher has led the Aggies to a 26-10 record since taking over, but Saban has been the one thorn in his side. The 55-year-old is 0-3 against Alabama during his tenure as Texas A&M's sideline boss.

The Aggies' lone loss during their 2020 campaign also came at the hands of Saban, as the Crimson Tide defeated them 52-24.

Fisher, who served under Saban at LSU from 2000-2004, mentioned how much he admires his former boss and believes the Texas A&M football program will one day be on par with Alabama.

"Eventually, that's going to be us," Fisher added. "I respect everything they do and how they do it, but we can do it just as good or be just as good or better, and we will."

Alabama and Texas A&M are scheduled to meet on Oct. 9.

**** yes. Let the hate begin.
SEC Champs
AG
Source:https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/2167445
MaroonStain
AG
**** YYYUEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH
"Thanks and Gig'em"
WorkTogetherAgs
AG

Don't care who we beat as long as we win a National Championship this year
infinity ag
Oh boy.

My BAS acting up again.

I hope we didn't jinx it for next year and have a mediocre 7-5 win season.
SEC Champs
AG
No way. Not with Jimbo.
Aggieair
Jimbo probably wants very badly to be the first former assistant to beat Saban. And more power to him. I would be pissed if Saban retired and our only victory was from 2012.
hunter2012
AG
It would be freaking great if Jimbo out-muscles and overpowers Bama BECAUSE Saban has gone full hurry up no huddle. Speed for the sake of speed eventually costs team toughness-wise and I really believe it favors Jimbo's offense late in the game against most teams. I just think it would be great to out-grit Saban like his early teams used to do. That sends a different message than leaning on an athletic QB(Saban's supposed Achilles Heel). Out gritting Saban is the way to topple the dynasty in the long run.
Raptor
AG
Who cares if we beat Saban's ass?

I want to beat the team he puts on the field versus us.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Dallasag517
AG
I'm convinced the biggest gap between us and Alabama is mental. I think most teams if not all are at a mental/psychological disadvantage when they take the field against them. Alabama has lost so very few games I think alot of teams go in there wanting to keep it respectable rather than actually beating them.

Since we won't have quite the talent as they have we have to go in with confidence we will win. But that's a big barrier to really get over.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Jimbo4win
AG
hunter2012 said:

It would be freaking great if Jimbo out-muscles and overpowers Bama BECAUSE Saban has gone full hurry up no huddle. Speed for the sake of speed eventually costs team toughness-wise and I really believe it favors Jimbo's offense late in the game against most teams. I just think it would be great to out-grit Saban like his early teams used to do. That sends a different message than leaning on an athletic QB(Saban's supposed Achilles Heel). Out gritting Saban is the way to topple the dynasty in the long run.

This is spot on. Well said.
Wreckingcrew22
AG
We won't beat Nick Saban until our DB's learn how to run with Alabama receivers. Until that happens then we have a chance.
maroongoon95
AG
Oh boy, now ESPN will distort that quote and put it in 20 font on the front page of their website.
cevans_40
AG
Dallasag517 said:

I'm convinced the biggest gap between us and Alabama is mental. I think most teams if not all are at a mental/psychological disadvantage when they take the field against them. Alabama has lost so very few games I think alot of teams go in there wanting to keep it respectable rather than actually beating them.

Since we won't have quite the talent as they have we have to go in with confidence we will win. But that's a big barrier to really get over.

They have had 9+ players drafted for the last 5 years in a row and you think our problem is mental?
12thmanfootball
AG
Alabama's fans and team want you to feel like there's no hope in beating them. The media is on board with this line of thinking. I love the fact JIMBO is not backing down. I think this will play out well for us in the future.

Ole Miss and Florida were scoring at will in large portions of their games last year.

Maybe we can do the same with Wydermyer, Swiss Army Knife, Spiller, Cupp, King, Achane, and LJ.

Should be a great game in College Station this year.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I'm guessing there was an open bar at the TD Club.
rangerdanger
AG
Dallasag517 said:

I think that's part of it, but as the game goes on and backups are being cycled in to give starters some rest, Saban throws in another 5 star and we throw in some guy who will hit the transfer portal at the end of the year. The depth just isn't there for most teams he faces.
1st Generation Ag
hunter2012 said:

We do that, Saban will probably reinvent himself again. Or maybye un-invent himself, and go back to his former smashmouth style.

But you are correct. It would be freaking great.
1st Generation Ag
12thmanfootball said:

Alabama's fans and team want you to feel like there's no hope in beating them. The media is on board with this line of thinking. I love the fact JIMBO is not backing down. I think this will play out well for us in the future.

Ole Miss and Florida were scoring at will in large portions of their games last year.

Maybe we can do the same with Wydermyer, Swiss Army Knife, Spiller, Cupp, King, Achane, and LJ.

Should be a great game in College Station this year.
Want them to feel like there's no hope? Here are the names I want to hear called: Peevy. Leal. White. Clemons. O'Neal.

Defense. We has it. I loves it.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Most optimistic I've felt preseason since we had Johnny coming back off his Heisman.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Oh boy.

My BAS acting up again.

Until all of us as fans stop with this weak willed, self pitying, BS, we just keep writing new Aggie Jokes. I don't get this mindset and I'm so sick of it. We aren't the lovable losers this kind of thinking makes us out to be. We are fightin' Texas Aggies looking to the future and preparing to kick some ass.
sleepybeagle
AG
Does anyone remember years ago when Mac and the sips looked like an unbeatable dynasty?
WC94
AG
Sam Houston > Forrest Gump. Rise up Tejas!!
halfastros81
AG
Was mentioned on my drive in this morning on ESPN radio - national guys - not the locals . They failed to mention it was said at an A & M coaches night which is kind of important piece of information for context but whatever. They did also say they thought Jimbo was trying to get a rise out of his well respected mentor and friend, Nick Saban. Interestingly enough, they didn't mock him for saying it. That alone tells me the national perception of A& M football has changed.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I personally hope that it gets ugly. Gary Danielson will finally be speechless.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I love that Jimbo Fisher is rising to the challenge. He will be the first of Nick Saban's former assistant coaches to beat him. Beating Alabama is virtually the only way to win the SEC West. The next step would be beating Georgia or Florida in the SEC championship to punch a ticket to the College Football Playoffs. This year will mark the 30th SEC Championship Game. Those 29 titles in the SEC Championship era were claimed by a total of 6 programs: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. I think Texas A&M will become the next first time SEC Championship game winner.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/who-will-be-sec-next-first-time-winner-ranking-candidates-2021/

Of Nick Saban's former assistant coaches, Kirby Smart was the closest to doing so, but Georgia blew double-digit third quarter leads against Alabama twice in the 2018 calendar year. In the 2018 CFP National Championship game, Georgia blew a 20-7 lead with 6:52 left in 3rd quarter before losing to Alabama 26-23 in overtime. Georgia is unlikely to have a better opportunity of winning a national championship game than they had that year. 11 months later in the 2018 SEC Championship Game, Georgia blew a 28-14 lead with 12:39 left in the 3rd quarter before losing to Alabama 35-28. Last year, Georgia led Alabama 24-17 with 23 seconds left in the 1st half before Alabama outscored Georgia 24-0, including 21-0 in the second half, to crush Georgia 41-24.

Romello
What makes Bama great under Sabans leadership is that he has an NFL talent roster playing as a team with a common goal. Some teams get some superstars some get many great players but Saban has an entire football team filled with blue chip men fully bought in on winning first and everything else falls into place.
akm91
AG
Quote:

I'm convinced the biggest gap between us and Alabama is mental.
The NFL draft says otherwise.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
1st Generation Ag
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I love that Jimbo Fisher is rising to the challenge. He probably wants to beat the first of Nick Saban's former assistant coaches to beat him. Beating Alabama is virtually the only way to win the SEC West. The next step would be beating Georgia or Florida in the SEC championship to punch a ticket to the College Football Playoffs. This year will mark the 30th SEC Championship Game. Those 29 titles in the SEC Championship era were claimed by a total of 6 programs: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. I think Texas A&M will become the next first time SEC Championship game winner.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/who-will-be-sec-next-first-time-winner-ranking-candidates-2021/

Of Nick Saban's former assistant coaches, Kirby Smart was the closest to doing so, but Georgia blew double-digit third quarter leads against Alabama twice in the 2018 calendar year. In the 2018 CFP National Championship game, Georgia blew a 20-7 lead with 6:52 left in 3rd quarter before losing to Alabama 26-23 in overtime. Georgia is unlikely to have a better opportunity of winning a national championship game than they had that year. 11 months later in the 2018 SEC Championship Game, Georgia blew a 28-14 lead with 12:39 left in the 3rd quarter before losing to Alabama 35-28. Last year, Georgia led Alabama 24-17 with 23 seconds left in the 1st half before Alabama outscored Georgia 24-0, including 21-0 in the second half, to crush Georgia 41-24.

I married a Georgia alum. She mentioned to me that they open against Clemson next season, to which I said, "Well, Clemson's going to win." Without blinking she agreed.

Georgia's attempt to dethrone Alabama is as futile as if they were Kentucky. They're trying to recreate the Saban process without the tactical genius of Saban himself. Saban is more than just the Process - if that were all, someone would have knocked him off by now. Saban is the Process and impeccable game strategy.

Jimbo has his own process and his own strategy. He's not trying to create Bama-on-the-Brazos. He shares his former mentor's attention to detail and relentless drive for perfection, but he spent years learning from another legend and coming into his own as a champion at Florida State. If anyone can unseat Saban, Jimbo has the best shot. And if resistance truly is futile, if it should come to pass that we all must wait for Saban to retire, when that time comes Texas A&M will roll over Alabama, Georgia, and everyone else.
HelloUncleNateFitch
SEC Champs said:

Quote:

"We're going to beat his ass when he's there,"

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
1st Generation Ag said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I love that Jimbo Fisher is rising to the challenge. He probably wants to beat the first of Nick Saban's former assistant coaches to beat him. Beating Alabama is virtually the only way to win the SEC West. The next step would be beating Georgia or Florida in the SEC championship to punch a ticket to the College Football Playoffs. This year will mark the 30th SEC Championship Game. Those 29 titles in the SEC Championship era were claimed by a total of 6 programs: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. I think Texas A&M will become the next first time SEC Championship game winner.

I married a Georgia alum. She mentioned to me that they open against Clemson next season, to which I said, "Well, Clemson's going to win." Without blinking she agreed.

Georgia's attempt to dethrone Alabama is as futile as if they were Kentucky. They're trying to recreate the Saban process without the tactical genius of Saban himself. Saban is more than just the Process - if that were all, someone would have knocked him off by now. Saban is the Process and impeccable game strategy.

Jimbo has his own process and his own strategy. He's not trying to create Bama-on-the-Brazos. He shares his former mentor's attention to detail and relentless drive for perfection, but he spent years learning from another legend and coming into his own as a champion at Florida State. If anyone can unseat Saban, Jimbo has the best shot. And if resistance truly is futile, if it should come to pass that we all must wait for Saban to retire, when that time comes Texas A&M will roll over Alabama, Georgia, and everyone else.
Well said!. Under Kirby Smart, Georgia will continue to be perennial SEC East champions, but they probably won't win the SEC Championship game again. Jimbo Fisher is establishing his own culture, and most of his recruits are buying in. Jimbo will win a national championship game before Kirby Smart or Dan Mullen.
Jimbo4win
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Does anyone remember years ago when Mac and the sips looked like an unbeatable dynasty?

No
Actual Talking Thermos
hunter2012 said:

Saban doesn't do speed for the sake of speed, he does speed for the sake of scoring points and winning games. That Bama offense last year was one of the best in CFB history, and they certainly had physicality on the OL and at RB.

"Toughness" is just a bad metric by which to measure offensive success.
infinity ag
85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Oh boy.

My BAS acting up again.

Until all of us as fans stop with this weak willed, self pitying, BS, we just keep writing new Aggie Jokes. I don't get this mindset and I'm so sick of it. We aren't the lovable losers this kind of thinking makes us out to be. We are fightin' Texas Aggies looking to the future and preparing to kick some ass.

Ok, but I am saying this within the Aggie family in an Aggie forum. I am not posting about my BAS on other people's forums.

That said, let's kick some ass this year!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.