Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Demas

8,362 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EliteZags
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone shouting out Demas this spring.

Ainias in interviews
Kellen in the interview with Looch
and now Jimbo:

the WR we have been waiting for:

NoahAg
Dermond Dermas
Unemployed
AG
Who?
farwellrob
AG
I think Demas and Moose will make names for themselves this year.

I'd love to see them lead the WRs.
cevans_40
AG
He fast
mcag83
AG
Waiting to see this young man contribute. Physical skills are there but need to see some mental maturity develop.
Like anyone can even know that.
TexanJeff
AG
I'll reserve judgement till he gets an actual touch down

Speedy Noil too recent on my mind to get excited about any WR recruit until I see it on the field
Sterling82
I hope he was warned that if he makes a play like the above described 60 yd TD against Bama he will likely be called for targeting.
Sponge
AG
Need more motivation. Free weed for any sub 4.3 runs!
maroongoon95
AG
I'm still convinced he's the mystery man. Something will happen where he very sparingly sees the field. Speedy 2.0??
Charlie Murphy
TexanJeff said:

Speedy Noil too recent on my mind to get excited about any WR recruit until I see it on the field

How about Christian Kirk? Not sure what one recruit not living up to expectations has to do with Demas. Dude has been on the team for all of one year. Maybe time for some folks to find another hobby.
badharambe
AG
Agreed.

I didn't pump up Demas last year. All the reporters were excited about him while the staff/players said he was good when the reporters asked about Demas by name.

Now the staff/players are volunteering his name. Seems different.
Raptor
AG
badharambe said:

Everyone shouting out Demas this spring.

Ainias in interviews
Kellen in the interview with Looch
and now Jimbo:

the WR we have been waiting for:

He rises up out of his stance too quickly. Once he learns to stay low through the first couple of steps and fire up and out, then he may legitimately break 4.30 at the NFL combine.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Divining Rod
Charlie Murphy said:

TexanJeff said:

How about Christian Kirk? Not sure what one recruit not living up to expectations has to do with Demas. Dude has been on the team for all of one year. Maybe time for some folks to find another hobby.

Not sure you get the point of his post. Your pointing out C Kirk is EXACTLY what he's talking about. C Kirk stepped on the field and PRODUCED from Day 1 (100+ yds receiving and 2TDs in his first game as a true fish.

He's reserving his judgment 'til he actually SHOWS US SOMETHING ON THE FIELD.

maybe you should consider a new hobby if you dont understand that.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Until Jimbo's recent comments, the known data points were looking questionable. Glad jimbo cleared it up.

It's just a weird situation, and weird usually ends badly. Not many transfer SR year, especially athletes of his caliber. Most 5*s do something impressive right away, even if they have an inconsistent fish year. Then he gets busted for weed. Most of Jimbo's answers to questions about demas were muted and sounded like coachspeak.
P.U.T.U
AG
Demas had 2 years of not playing, him sitting last year was probably the best thing for him long term.
PooDoo
AG
Easy for you to say with your tiny reptile arms and low center of gravity.
schmellba99
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Until Jimbo's recent comments, the known data points were looking questionable. Glad jimbo cleared it up.

It's just a weird situation, and weird usually ends badly. Not many transfer SR year, especially athletes of his caliber. Most 5*s do something impressive right away, even if they have an inconsistent fish year. Then he gets busted for weed. Most of Jimbo's answers to questions about demas were muted and sounded like coachspeak.
Wasn't it sometihng like .2 oz of weed? He got busted for speeding, the leftover roach was pretty much a non-factor.
PneumAg
Charlie Murphy said:

TexanJeff said:

Yeah, he's been on the field a full year and done absolutely nothing. Christian Kirk returned a punt for a TD and was the best player on the field not named Myles Garrett from game one of his A&M career. The Demas situation definitely reeks of Speedy Noil-type dysfunction.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Wasn't it sometihng like .2 oz of weed? He got busted for speeding, the leftover roach was pretty much a non-factor.

You get pulled over for speeding. You get arrested for weed. Having weed in a car is just stupid, ESPECIALLY a roach in the ashtray or whatever it was. That means it was previously smoked in the car, which is even more foolish than riding with it. Weed reeks and the smell lingers. He surely did not need to be speeding under those circumstances.

There were a number of cautionary flags raised. The cumulation was the concern. Anyways, glad Jimbo says he is on track.
cj774
AG
TexanJeff said:

Will "that guy" be "a touchdown" at that point?
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Having weed in a car is just stupid

These guys ain't here on academic scholarships...
Nino Brown
His 40 time is gonna be High up on leader board once he declares in the future. Keep blazin bro
Strike One
I'm hoping that Demas will not only equate to Christian Kirk but surpass him in a number of ways despite his slow start at A&M. I never thought Kirk showed the kind of explosive speed or moves that were required to get a lot of separation from defensive backs or to make them miss. As a result, he caught a lot of passes but never got that many yards after catch like the Bama and LSU receivers do. I think Demas can and will be that kind of a threat.
EliteZags
AG
Raptor said:

He rises up out of his stance too quickly. Once he learns to stay low through the first couple of steps and fire up and out, then he may legitimately break 4.30 at the NFL combine.

like this?

https://instagr.am/p/COiZg5wpD_4
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.