Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN article on late round picks that could prove valuable

2,853 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JoeAggie5
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And the interesting two paragraphs:

" Los Angeles Rams selecting DT Bobby Brown III (Texas A&M)

The pick: 117 (Round 4)

The Rams' whole defensive structure is predicated on their front seven stopping the run without the help of their safeties. That means the guys up front had better be able to hold their gaps in the running game. And there are few nose tackles in this class more capable when it comes to that than Brown.

He saw significant time for the Aggies going back to his true freshman year and has an 85.1 run defense grade for his career. There's reason to think he can be even better in the NFL, as he tested out exceptionally well for a 321-pounder and has 34-inch arms perfect for controlling centers."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31384252/nfl-draft-2021-steals-10-undervalued-day-3-picks-make-impact-including-two-bears
dixichkn
AG
And teams aren't gonna be able to double him up much when he's playing next to Aaron freakin Donald. It's a perfect fit for Bobby
Agsuffering@bulaw
I was surprised he didn't get more love leading up to the draft. We could have played him on 3rd and long. He can bull rush most SEC centers and has agility for a war daddy. We didn't bc we only had 3 solid interior DL and wanted to keep him fresh for running downs.
rootube
AG
If he can stay healthy he is going to get a monster second contact and make a TON of NFL money. Rooting for him all the way!
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
I predict many a GM will wish they had taken BB when they had the chance. If he came back for his senior year and played well I could have seen him as a 1st round draft pick. Not many guys have his size and athletic ability and he is still really young. If he is motivated a few years down the line he could be playing in pro bowls.
P.U.T.U
AG
If his situation would have allowed him to stay another year I think he would have been a first round pick. With his athleticism I see him having a long career if he wants.
czar_iv
AG
dixichkn said:

And teams aren't gonna be able to double him up much when he's playing next to Aaron freakin Donald. It's a perfect fit for Bobby
Harder to double team with the NFL Dlines period ... Honestly don't know why Bobby dropped that far.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
JoeAggie5
Some guys seem like they were here forever, but it felt like Bobby Brown was here for season. Probably our biggest loss from last year's team. Rooting for him big time!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.