Story Poster
Gabe Announcement
Liucci's Thoughts

Gabe Bock: A note to TexAgs about my transition from radio

May 3, 2021

Dear TexAgs community,

This morning, I announced on the air that I am stepping away as host of TexAgs Radio. The video clip from that segment can be seen by clicking the play button above. My last show as host will be Friday, June 11. This is a decision that has been on my mind for quite a while and something that Megan and I have prayed about for over a year. We firmly believe that this is the right move for our family of five and that the timing is right to step away from the show. It’s important to note that I’m not leaving TexAgs altogether and am very excited for my future involvement within the organization!

The plan is for me to continue to be involved and associated with TexAgs, moving into a special projects role while continuing to have a voice on the content side of the company (details forthcoming). I’ll be splitting my time between working on content projects at TexAgs and helping Megan in real estate, and I’m so excited to get started in each of these new roles!

I’m completely fired up for the man that TexAgs will soon announce as my replacement. I plan to do a weekly in-studio hit with him this fall, and I can’t wait to see where he takes the show. I’m hopeful and confident that the person replacing me (who is an Aggie, by the way) will take what’s been started over the last 10 years and help move the show — and the organization — into the stratosphere.

I want you to know what a joy it has been to be on the air with you each morning, talking Texas A&M sports together for the last 10 years. As someone who grew up dreaming of a career in sports radio, I do not take lightly how incredibly thankful I am to live in College Station and be on the air every day talking about the school that I attended and fell in love with on my first visit to Aggieland nearly 22 years ago. The goal has always been to provide you with the kind of show that is engaging and all-encompassing when it comes to connecting as a community of Aggies over the airwaves and conversing about all things Aggie sports. Many of you have become very close personal friends of mine, and I cherish all of you for believing in me and investing in me for so many years as your daily voice here in Aggieland!

The ultimate deciding factor in my transition off of TexAgs Radio simply comes down to time and margin. It’s vital that I find a way to carve out more time to help with the ever-increasing needs within my own household ... most notably, the growing involvement of our three children and supporting Megan and her rapidly-growing real estate career.

I want you to know what a joy it has been to be on the air with you each morning, talking Texas A&M sports together for the last 10 years. I cherish all of you for believing in me and investing in me for so many years as your daily voice here in Aggieland!

I look forward to continuing to “cover” A&M sports in a new and exciting way, while also gaining the margin to be able to start attending games as a fan. In fact, Megan and I have already booked a trip to Denver this September for the A&M football game against Colorado! It’ll be the first time we’ve been to a road football game together and probably the third football game we’ve watched together in our marriage of nearly 17 years.

I want to reiterate how much I enjoy working at TexAgs. It has truly meant everything to me, and I am so very thankful to you for all of your support! I’m going to miss my time with Billy, Olin, Dalton and the crew each morning, and I can’t thank the TexAgs partners (Billy, Brandon, Josh and Hunter) enough for giving me the opportunity to host TexAgs Radio 10 years ago and for entrusting me to help make it great! And a big thanks to Louie and the team at The Zone for a great partnership that will continue for many years to come. I hope you’ll remember my time on TexAgs Radio as fondly as I will remember my days talking sports with all of you and attempting to do so with integrity and class.

I honestly feel like TexAgs is still in the adolescent phase of its growth as an organization. I have often dreamed about what this company and community will look like when Texas Aggie Football elevates the program into a “Clemson-like” decade-long run of success. We all agree that A&M is in line for an era of greatness under Jimbo Fisher and that THE most exciting and successful period in Texas A&M football is still forthcoming. I firmly believe that is on the near horizon. It’s truly an honor to be a part of the initial rise of this organization and I look forward to continuing to contribute to the product in a new capacity in the future!

Gig ‘em,

Gabe Bock ‘03

Discussion from...

Gabe Bock: A note to TexAgs about my transition from radio

30,230 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gabe Bock
inch05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good for you and your family Gabe! Wish you all the best!
wareagle044
Extremely happy for you, Gabe. You've made the show such a joy to listen to over the years. Your voice will always be an iconic piece to the story of TexAgs Radio.

sawemoff2010
AG
good for you, Gabe!
Gabe Bock
AG
Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone. It means a lot. This is something our family has spent a long time in deep conversations about and in prayer. It's time but I'm going to miss the heck out of doing this show day-after-day.
SinKiller
Thanks for all of the years, Gabe...Gig 'em!
CrottyKid
AG
Translation: Billy should have paid Gabe enough to afford a nanny.

JK. Good luck, Gabe.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Congrats, Gabe.

And you gave it away at 3:09. Your replacement is none other than That Guy!
Traveler
AG
Good luck, Gabe.

I hope "The Film Room" continues, but I will truly miss the chemistry with Gabe and McGee, especially stuff like:

1. Gabe bringing up random events from random Aggie games and McGee having no idea what Gabe is talking about.

2. I'll also miss McGee asking things like: "Ok, so here we have an outside leverage look in a 3 wide formation and the TE on the short side. Where should the QB's first read be?" and Gabe having no ****ing clue what the answer is ....

Solid gold.

Aggiefan64
Congrats on your new journey! Thank you for all you do for us!
Tamu_mgm
AG
Best host on Radio. You will be missed Gabe
akm91
AG
Good luck Gabe!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
SA68AG
AG
Best of luck, Gabe. You have always been the consummate professional.

You're really going to be missed.
Bag
AG
this sucks

sorry, but it does...
BrandoC
AG
Bet money the new guy is Stephen McGhee.
Jbob04
AG
Good luck Gabe. Been listening since TexAgs began their radio show, you will be missed
ccatag
AG
For me personally you are the voice of Aggie Football. I live in a eastern state and haven't been able to attend a Aggie game in Aggieland since 2003. My consumption of Aggie Football and sports is largely here on TexAgs and your voice is the voice that helps inform me. I always look forward to your Aggie Football game recaps. It is can't miss, for me.
I'll miss you a ton!

Glad to know you will you will still be around and still involved. Best of luck in the future! God Bless.
PunchyFarmer
AG
Thank you Gabe! You will be missed.
Lwe6638
Gabe, congrats on the move. Faith, family, friends, and work...in that order. That credo has served me well in my 65 years in Texas!

My wife and I will be attending the Colorado game with our daughter and son-in-law...both Aggie grads who live in Denver.

So....any idea where I can buy 4 tickets? Anyone? The kids are leaving it up to us for tickets....
Older and wiser?
sbs
AG
Thanks Gabe!
CrottyKid
AG
BrandoC said:

Bet money the new guy is Stephen McGhee.

Maybe Swope?
AggieBlu
AG
No, I'm not crying, your crying! Good luck Gabe!!!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
blocker
Finally we get a break from hearing the number and ads throughout the show. Thank God!
gocobra
AG
NOOOOOOOOO!

I'm a mostly a lurker and we've never meet face to face but I feel like I know ya personally. You're an awesome Aggie. I'll miss ya... a lot.

You're a good man. You got talent. You'll be fine. It's probably for the best-- for you and yours.

Best of luck in your future ventures.

sharpdressedman
Thank you very much, Gabe, for your excellent, objective, and meaningful work in the past. You leave an admirable legacy.

I pray that the best of all blessings are bestowed upon you and all your family members in the future.

Seeing your later contributions to TexAgs will induce both knowledge and pleasure in me, I am sure.
Austin Ag
AG
Transfer portal!? JK.

You will be missed, but fortunately, we will still get a little Gabe Bock every so often. Good luck.
Southeasttx
Absolute Class Act!
eATMup-Reveille
God creates the path filled with choices. We decide which choice to make, all the while knowing He will be pleased when we choose with love for where we've been and where we're going.

Good job young man...good job.
floridAG
AG
Thank you for all you've done with TexAgs, Gabe. Can't agree more on priorities. Our kids are only young for a short time and it goes by too fast. While we've never met, several of our friends in BCS have and spoke often of how you are as much a class act away from the TA studio as you've been on the radio. You've been a great ambassador for our university, helping those of us far away feel like we are still in Aggieland. Look forward to the future with TexAgs but you will be missed.
Al Bula
AG
Gabe, when I've been able to listen, you represented the A&M product like no other. Wish you well in your future endeavors. You are truly a Voice of Aggieland. Good luck, man!
shanbo88
AG
Hard to imagine TexAgs without its voice. You'll be truly missed.

Lord bless!
Ol Rock
AG
When I think of TexAgs Radio, I hear the voice of Gabe Bock. I will be different, but I'm sure the next host will do well. But I'm not sure if it will be the same.

I appreciated the positive attitude, self-deprecating humor and the ability to roll with the punches of Looch and programming issues.

Thanks and Gig'em Mr. Bock and best wishes with the family and future.

Herknav
AG
// The pioneer for TexAgs radio, somebody has big shoes to fill. Best of luck in ur new endeavor- family real estate business. Much success depends on relationships & client development, u definitely have talents for that. But my passion is still Aggie and u will b missed.//
//Herknav sends//
AggieEP
Gabe, you gave me a chance to work in sports radio from 05-07 back when we were board ops for Chip Howard on KZNE and before TexAgs radio was even a thing. You were a great mentor for me and even though I had no idea what I was doing most of the time, you always believed in me.

If my wife and I ever move back to College Station I know who our realtors will be.

Gig'em RM '07
TinkerAg
AG
You have been a staple in how I keep up with my beloved TAMU and all things Aggie sports.

Full confidence TexAgs will power on, given the incredible track record of success. But, your voice, your enthusiasm, your positive attitude, your genuine nature and your insights will be missed. Billy will need to find a new yin to counter his yang.

Congrats to you and your family. Sad for this Aggie family.
"The other day I got out my can opener and was opening a can of worms when I thought, "WHAT AM I DOING?!?" " --Jack Handy
TimsParents
S
We never realized you were in the same class as our son. He would have been proud of what you've accomplished thus far. Best of luck with your future endeavors and best wishes to you and your family.
Gig'Em & God Bless
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.