Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We Beat Bama This Year

10,642 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Lost
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The talent gap has been narrowing for 3 years now.

This year our DBs jam the crap out of their wrs at the line of scrimmage. Our DL creates havoc in their backfield.

The snap count advantage at Kyle is real.
Artorias
AG
Will our new OL and QB be able to score on their D?
tk for tu juan
Better keep a head on a swivel for Metchie

Maroon Flash
AG
Like I said. We gonna find out if he is man enough to fight his way off the line of scrimmage.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Artorias said:

So. Many. Jokes.

It's a trap!
maroongoon95
AG
Yes. I do believe we beat Bama this year! The atmosphere that day will be like it was for the 85 sip game. I also predict us to be in CFPlayoff. Our OL will be a lot better than u think. Achane and Spiller will be the ncaa dynamic dual. Defense top 3 in SEC. Jimbo coach of the year in SEC. no more curse!!
dcg4403
AG
The good news is that Bama is in a "rebuilding" year with the main focus being loss of Mac. Not sure Bama ever really has to rebuild that freaking machine but at least they have more unknowns than usual for the upcoming season. So I think the odds are more even than ever before. We also have many open questions though. So I give it the flip of a coin which has way better odds than any prior year since Johnny upset.
Leander - Ag
AG
Agree
QB1
AG
Bartender - "I'll have what he is having please!!!"
Coog_aTm
I had a conversation with a Bama fan this last week and man they are a sensitive bunch. If they don't hear that they will beat everyone by 3 touchdowns and win the natty, they get all defensive. I told him I thought we would play them close this year. I could see us beating them at Kyle. It might take them another year before they are as good on offense as last year so there might be a small window of opportunity for another SEC West team.

By the time we play them in game 6, I think our OL will be solid and hopefully the QB play will be pretty good. We have narrowed the talent gap at every position group except our WRs are not elite, but even that group has to be better than last year with one or two underclassman that will step up. I realize that Bama signed stellar class after stellar class, but Bama lost a lot and I don't think you just replace a Devonta Smith and Waddle with just any 5 stars. They also had coaching staff turnover as usual, but it may take more time than six games for them to get back to their usual selves.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Page one.....pass me some of that Koolaid flavored weed yall are smokin'. Beat Bama....CFP this year!....with a freshman QB!
Jimbo4win
AG
Will we win all of the other games as well?
monarch
S
Manage your expectations, son...
Peace for Ukraine!
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

Manage your expectations, son...
All lives matter.

Don't be condescending to me. When I played football, giving your opponent a forearm shiver to the head wasn't even a penalty.

You sound like my Vol relatives who told me there was no chance we could compete with LSU with Jimbo coaching us. I have studied football for a very long time. This is the year we take a big step when not many are expecting it.
mccag
S
SWEET!
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
TheWoodsAg
TheWoodsAg
AG
No one cares, work harder
Agsuffering@bulaw
Certainly possible, but they should have the advantage. One of the criticisms of Myles was inability to jam good WRs.
PyriteAg
AG
When have i heard this one before?
Gump 02
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

Page one.....pass me some of that Koolaid flavored weed yall are smokin'. Beat Bama....CFP this year!....with a freshman QB!

Johnny did pretty good as a freshman. And so did Winston.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

Players don't stay freshmen after their freshmen seasons are over. King and Calzada are both sophomores.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
FCBlitz
I moved to Alabama last July. The Crimson Tide rules supreme up here in northern Alabama with their fan base. It would be so co to stroll through the office and show off.
Azariah
AG
jws87ag
AG
Don't think that we are going undefeated this year - so next best thing is a one loss team.

Get out scored by bama at the in season game (not having to go to sec championship game)

get into the playoffs and beat them in a rematch game thus winning the national championship! (like bama did to lsu in 2011)
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
When we host Alabama on 10/9, Alabama will probably be a double-digit favorite, but I hope we play our hearts out. If we somehow upset Alabama and finish 11-1 or 12-0, we would win the SEC West. By beating Georgia or Florida in the SEC Championship Game, we would punch a ticket to the College Football Playoffs.

Realistically, I predict we will finish 10-2 with loses to Alabama and LSU. Besides Alabama, every game should be winnable, but LSU is still a very hostile environment. Since 2010, LSU has lost just 10 home games in the last 11 years, and half of those loses were to Alabama in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. Mississippi State has two wins in Baton Rouge in 2014 and 2020. The only other three teams to win in Baton Rouge were Arkansas in 2015, Florida in 2016, and Troy in 2017. Before that game, we will likely be 10-1, and LSU will likely be 9-2. If that's the case, the season finale at Baton Rouge will decide 2nd place in the SEC West and potentially a NY6 bowl berth.
SinKiller
Bama coming off one of the best recruiting classes ever, hands down one of the best o-line hauls ever. I don't think the gap is really closing as you state. For the gap to narrow, we need to beat Bama at recruiting for about 3 years in a row. We've not been competitive with them on the field, don't see it changing this year.

SinKiller
SinKiller said:

Bama coming off one of the best recruiting classes ever, hands down one of the best o-line hauls ever. I don't think the gap is really closing as you state. For the gap to narrow, we need to beat Bama at recruiting for about 3 years in a row. We've not been competitive with them on the field, don't see it changing this year.

Another thing, I was definitely not the biggest Mond fan, but we're unsettled at qb. I think we'll need to see a couple of games to see where we're at at that position. I expect they'll be brought along slowly, but man, I'm dreaming of some deep throws this year, stretch the field stuff.
halfastros81
AG
OP may very well be right, the key question is in which sport?

There's still a pretty wide talent gap in football. It may be closing slightly only because our recruiting continues to improve yr over yr but Bama really does just reload.
cords12
Artorias said:

Spiller, Achane, and Smith say hello! Three headed monster!! Don't forget there's an All American on this OL
DSAG
Artorias said:

They return nine starters on defense.
We will be trotting out a new QB and more importantly a new starter at all 5 OL positions .
I think it will be a 24-21 game and the home field should give us a shot.
Our defense should keep us in this game .
PneumAg
We're not beating Bama this year. The talent gap between our programs is still massive.
Meanmachine
AG
So every team in the nation except Clemson and maybe Ohio state has a talent gap with Bama. That being said Malzahn at Auburn beat them with lesser talent at home several times. I would say our talent level is on par with those Auburn teams. Our defense and run game keep us close, our special teams and coaching will have to win it for us. We will be about an 8 or 9 point under dog so i like our chances.
Maroon Flash
AG
I just heard Jimbo say we are winning.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
raging_agaholic said:

Ag86Hotard109 said:

Players don't stay freshmen after their freshmen seasons are over. King and Calzada are both sophomores.

Better check the 2021 official roster....Haynes King listed as a Freshman assmunch.
Anchorhold
How much money is in your pocket?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.