Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We Beat Bama This Year

10,643 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Lost
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zoo Eeyore has posted. EOT.
omc
I believe one day WE will beat Bama
Divining Rod
SinKiller said:

Bama coming off one of the best recruiting classes ever, hands down one of the best o-line hauls ever. I don't think the gap is really closing as you state. For the gap to narrow, we need to beat Bama at recruiting for about 3 years in a row. We've not been competitive with them on the field, don't see it changing this year.

Thank you for your input Mr. T-Sip. "Sip Schiller"

Why do you keep using this "WE" word?????!?!!

ps your team sucks and you're falling further and further behind each year. so much so, that most of the "joy" you experience in football is hanging out at your old rival's website, afraid to show your colors
Ag_B_10
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

raging_agaholic said:

Ag86Hotard109 said:

Page one.....pass me some of that Koolaid flavored weed yall are smokin'. Beat Bama....CFP this year!....with a freshman QB!

Players don't stay freshmen after their freshmen seasons are over. King and Calzada are both sophomores.

Better check the 2021 official roster....Haynes King listed as a Freshman assmunch.

Better check the QB stats of the 2020 bama game and SC game. Yes, he's listed as a freshman. So is it wrong or did we somehow red shirt him?
GigEmTx
SinKiller said:

Bama coming off one of the best recruiting classes ever, hands down one of the best o-line hauls ever. I don't think the gap is really closing as you state. For the gap to narrow, we need to beat Bama at recruiting for about 3 years in a row. We've not been competitive with them on the field, don't see it changing this year.

The talent gap's narrowed in the sense that we used to be ranked consistently in the mid- to high- teens, and for the past 3 years, we've been ranked 4-8. The talent gap's definitely smaller than it's been in recent memory. We're now in the range where coaching and player development makes most of the difference between wins and losses against the more talented teams. Talent is no longer a viable excuse for a blowout loss. There's a huge talent gap between #1 and #15, but the gap between #1 and #4-8 isn't that great. You're right, though, that we haven't been competitive on the field. I think that will change this year, but it's all offseason speculation until the two teams meet on the field.
Ag 11
AG
It's gonna suck when we beat bama but drop one to someone like auburn or lsu
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

I will gladly take a win over Bama with one loss to either LSU OR Auburn. Both those teams will have multiple SEC losses.

The road to Atlanta goes through Kyle Field on October 9th. To have a shot at an SEC championship we have to win that game.

Simple as that.

IchthusAg
AG
11 players from each team on the field at one time. 4/5 stars on the bench make for great depth, but the 11 on the field are all that count when the game is being played. The most critical positions where depth is needed for fatigue - DL & RB. This is where we excel in depth. (Injury is the wildcard). There will be fatigue, there might be injury.

Their roster is superior, but on October 9, our starting 11 on either side of the ball just might be on par.

I'm not predicting a win or a loss on July 13, but I do like our chances.

I will be there doing my part adding to the insanely loud October night at Kyle.
I will accept no bull from your house Ps 50:9

WorkTogetherAgs
AG
Stoopkid
AG
Rules changed a few years ago to allow players to appear in 4 games without burning their redshirt, so his action in those two games does not use a year of eligibility.

Also, COVID year basically gave everyone a free year without impacting eligibility, as if their clock stopped for the past year and let them play the season without using a year of their eligibility.

So, due to both of these new rules, the answer to your question is yes, we did find a way to redshirt Haynes King last year, and he remains a freshman based on eligibility. You can take your pick of which option we used to keep him a freshman.
TheDraw
AG

We don't know who our QB is and yall are talking about Bama?
RAB83
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

Page one.....pass me some of that Koolaid flavored weed yall are smokin'. Beat Bama....CFP this year!....with a freshman QB!
Yeah. After all, we've never beaten Bama with a fish QB before.
We are currently 10 pt dogs at home on 10/9.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
I'll be there hoping to come up with 11pts from somewhere....somehow
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
Artorias said:

Will our new OL and QB be able to score on their D?
This is the key right here. We don't know what we have until we see QB and OL play.
FightinTexasAggie28
Let's take care of the other 5 games before Alabama first. Jimbo will have the horses ready
jsmc71
AG
At this point, I'd be happiest if the team is just focusing on beating the living sheet out of Kent St.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I will be very happy with a win over Alabama and one loss to LSU because we would own the tiebreaker over Alabama to win the SEC West. Winning the SEC West starts with beating Alabama at Kyle Field on 10/9 and finishing the season with no more than one loss. The next step would be beating Georgia in the SEC Championship Game to become 12-1 SEC Champions and punching a ticket to the College Football Playoffs.

1st Generation Ag
Our defense is already better than theirs. The game is 4 quarters. Their O is flashy but ours is powerful. Let's not surrender the game before it even starts.
seebond
AG
Ya know we were close last year at 14-14 late in 2nd quarter.
Then the Bama time management to end and start the half killed us and the game got away.

Not saying we were going to win or anything - just saying the game flow was a little misleading that the big blowout of the final score indicated. We were competing.
Now we just have to compete for 60 minutes. Bama just wears you down with their depth of 5*s.
WhyMustMyTeamSuck
Darth Perfect Hair just had his best recruiting class ever. They will most likely never lose again as long as he is coach. They are a semipro team that is propped up by Nicky's lackey Mark Emmert, who lets them get away with anything. Sometimes I think those two are a little too close, if you know what I mean.
Evil always wins in football, and they are the very essence of evil.
DukeMu
We're going 12-0. Calling it here.

Wreckingcrew22
AG
If we don't beat bama this year just prepare for the next season. Not like we can compete for the SEC title or a playoff spot if we lose.
The Lost
Bifferton Bobber Squat said:

Artorias said:

Will our new OL and QB be able to score on their D?
This is the key right here. We don't know what we have until we see QB and OL play.
And turnovers. This board doesnt realize how much mond only having 3 int's made last years team. If we go deep and throw some more picks this year, that leads to an extra loss or two.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.