Story Poster
Photo by Texas A&M Athletics
Texas A&M Football

Senior wide receiver Camron Buckley to transfer from Texas A&M

April 28, 2021

Texas A&M senior receiver Camron Buckley on Wednesday announced he would enter the transfer portal.

Buckley arrived in 2017 at A&M as a three-star prospect out of Cedar Hill High School. He immediately proved to be a physical blocker and productive receiver.

He caught 17 passes for 282 yards and 3 touchdowns as a freshman. The next season he had 34 receptions for 474 yards and a touchdown.

Buckley’s production dropped to 11 catches for 121 yards in 2019. That decline along with the arrival of heralded recruits Demond Demas and Moose Muhammad fueled speculation that Buckley might transfer last year.

Instead, he trained diligently and appeared likely to earn a place in the starting lineup. However, he sustained a knee injury in August camp that forced him to miss the 2020 season.

This season Aggies return starting receivers Ainias Smith, Chase Lane and Hezekiah Jones. Also, former starter Caleb Chapman is anticipated to return from an injury that prematurely ended his 2020 season. Further, junior Jalen Preston showed significant improvement this spring, while second-year players Demas, Muhammad and Devin Price appear ready to contribute to the passing game.

Consequently, Buckley is likely seeing an opportunity that will offer a clearer path to playing time.

Discussion from...

Senior wide receiver Camron Buckley to transfer from Texas A&M

8,855 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by inch05
czar_iv
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Lots of respect. Most would have transferred years ago. Best of luck wherever he ends up.
czar_iv
AG
In all honesty, I thought when the dust settled, Buckley was going to be a starter in the Fall ....
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Buckley is an aggie and will always be an aggie in my opinion. I hope he kills it wherever he ends up.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Two less WR's and Demas not starting possibly????
Cojack
Got a stable of injury prone WR
fieldtrailer
AG
Not sure what he's worried about. Hadn't been a " heralded recruit" see the field yet.
DallasAg 94
Got his degree.
TexanJeff
AG
When he didn't catch a pass in the spring game thought this might happen.
Just Tired
I was surprised he came back in the spring. thought he might throw in with close family friend primetime right away. that's where my money is on for the destination. best wishes for a successful year wherever he goes. he's earned it.
inch05
AG
he is joins primetime, as long as their qb can get him the ball, he's going to put up some numbers. he got open vs bama as a freshman, can't imagine what he'll do against that level of competition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.