Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BALL DON'T LIE w/ Johnny Manziel - episode TWO

9,572 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cupofjoe04
BrotherChad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Support the man who built New Kyle Field and made A&M a national brand. Ball Don't Lie.
Ajollyag
Based on post a&m accomplishments. One could say kliff and mike evans are the ones that built kyle field and not Johnny.

I'm not admitting to this, but manziel isnt the god like figure a&m fans see him as anymore.
Gunny456
AG
Yep. KK really took Texas T. to greatness. When are they expanding their stadium due to him?
MarathonAg12
From the YouTube comments:

Johnny was inspirational to me, Ive lost 220 pounds lol yes you read that right. I went from 495 to 275lbs and still pushing. I have a year from finishing Chem Engineering degree from UT Texas.

Im from Tyler, Tx where Johnny has his origins and ties too. My aunt works for his grandparents restaurant Loggins in Tyler.

I was a huge fan & and even got a signed football from Johnny.

Just thought it would be cool for him and everyone to know that he inspired someone from his city to be someone #comebackSZN
TopoTacos
AG
Ajollyag said:

Based on post a&m accomplishments. One could say kliff and mike evans are the ones that built kyle field and not Johnny.

I'm not admitting to this, but manziel isnt the god like figure a&m fans see him as anymore.

It doesn't need to be an either/or. We had a perfect storm of an offensive genius at OC working with an OL full of 1st rounders, a future HoF WR in Evans, another NFL caliber WR in Swope (3rd round pick) and a QB whose play style essentially transformed NCAA offenses and became a celebrity.

Manziel by his own admission didn't put in the work to be successful at the next level, though I still believe he could've stuck in the league had he been able to get the help he needed.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
KK real accomplishment was getting the receivers to know what to do after the play broke down but Johnny was still running around.
greg.w.h
AG
Shai-Hulud said:

KK real accomplishment was getting the receivers to know what to do after the play broke down but Johnny was still running around.
So, to be clear, he taught them how to play sandlot football???
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ajollyag said:

Johnny had more yards on the ground than passing yards to Mike Evans in 2012. As good as Mike Evans was, he didn't touch the ball every play or routinely turn broken plays into big yardage. Without Johnny, Mike Evans is just another really good receiver.
Gunny456
AG
Great story. Hard to lose that kind of weight without extreme discipline.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Or gastric bypass.
Saint Pablo
Ajollyag said:

This notion is dumb as hell.

JFF accounted for 7820 passing yards, 63 TDs through the air, 1869 rushing yards, and 30 rushing TDs. That totals 9689 yards and 93 TDs in his two years here.

Mike accounted for a total of 2499 yards and 17 TDs. Which was good for 25% of Johnny's total yardage and 18% of his total TDs. Not uncommon by any stretch.

KK has been an abject failure at every single head coaching stop he has had despite having transcendent quarterback talent pretty much every step of the way.

Johnny won the Heisman, Johnny won us games, Johnny was the SEC player of the year, Johnny made it to back to back Heisman ceremonies, and it was Johnny that really helped make us a national brand again. He flamed out in the NFL, he didn't care, it is what is is, but he is absolutely the one that built Kyle Field and anyone that tries to argue otherwise is biased or does not have their head screwed on straight.
Whatthefunyo
Johnny and his buds are quite literally the deuschbaggy frat kids down the street...

But wait!

He is well past college age.

*confused*
AgPediRPh
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

Johnny and his buds are quite literally the deuschbaggy frat kids down the street...

But wait!

*confused*
that would make it figurative
AgDotCom
ABATTBQ11 said:

Without Johnny, Mike Evans is just another really good receiver.
Is this for real? Evans is a 3 time Pro Bowler with a quarterback who set an NFL record for interceptions. The only time Jameis Winston went to the Pro Bowl was when Tom Brady turned it down.
Saint Pablo
AgDotCom said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Is this for real? Evans is a 3 time Pro Bowler with a quarterback who set an NFL record for interceptions. The only time Jameis Winston went to the Pro Bowl was when Tom Brady turned it down.
Even though Jameis has had his issues, he passed for over 5000 yards his last year as a starter, it isn't like he is some bum.

The original comment you were replying to was stupid though. Johnny's greatness shouldn't take away from Mike's and Mike's greatness shouldn't take away from Johnny's. They were both phenomenal college players. Mike is obviously a phenomenal professional player too.
jrbaggie
You have to wonder where Evans would have gone in the draft if Mond would have been his quarterback. I mean, yeah a 10 foot reach but not a 12 foot.

Johnny and Mike were both phenomenal skilled athletes and we were fortunate to have them both at the same time. Kliff was as important as tits on a boat hog to the offensive equation.
Craigy
Ajollyag said:

This is delusional rewriting of history. So much dislike of Johnny by people that rooted for him and were awed by what he did on the field. HE was the reason Texas A&M football was being talked about nationally. His legacy is what he did while at Texas A&M period. It's not what you think he should have done after his career here.
TxAg76
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

But wait!

*confused*

JFF is basically Billy Madison.....except his family probably won't ever force his hand to make him grow up.
Money's always been a non-issue, so life's just a big ol' party without consequence, and all the happenings are just for that day's amusement.
TxAg76
AG
CraigSU84 said:

Ajollyag said:

This is delusional rewriting of history. So much dislike of Johnny by people that rooted for him and were awed by what he did on the field. HE was the reason Texas A&M football was being talked about nationally. His legacy is what he did while at Texas A&M period. It's not what you think he should have done after his career here.

A person's recent actions can certainly have an impact on how people view their past in hindsight, whether we like it or not.
WC94
AG
I feel like I'm watching a "Bro" therapy session.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgDotCom said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

In college? Absolutely. No way we have the same success. NFL? Who knows. Depends on where he's drafted.
Jimbo4win
AG
So Kyle Field would STILL be exactly like it was in 2011 if Johnny had stayed at Oregon despite the fact A&M has consistently been one of the wealthiest athletic programs in the country over the past 5 years? Wow..Thanks JFF!
Saint Pablo
Jimbo4win said:

So Kyle Field would STILL be exactly like it was in 2011 if Johnny had stayed at Oregon despite the fact A&M has consistently been one of the wealthiest athletic programs in the country over the past 5 years? Wow..Thanks JFF!
You don't think that the success we had during the Johnny years resulted in an uptick in $$$ for our football program?

If Jameil Showers led us to a 6-6 record two years in a row our first couple years in the SEC, you think we would be where we are today??
jja79
AG
Interesting the host guy says there are 6 grown men in the house. So there are 8 total?

How does he have time for this strenuous work with his PGA Tour practice schedule?
Ex-liberalag12
Ajollyag said:

LOL. Duh-lusional
TyperWoods
Nobody ever talks about the huge success his Pro HC has had as a HC, with or without Johnny.

As a matter of fact, who on that era of Browns is anything other than an abject failure?

That being said, Johnny is responsible for Johnny.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
CraigSU84 said:

Ajollyag said:

Oh?
What's OJ Simpson's legacy by that logic?
Saint Pablo
SWC Ag said:

CraigSU84 said:

Ajollyag said:

Oh?
Great running back! Good spokesperson. What are you even referring to??
TxAg76
AG
SWC Ag said:

CraigSU84 said:

Ajollyag said:

Oh?

Exactly. And that's just the tip of an iceberg of other examples
MarathonAg12
jja79 said:

Interesting the host guy says there are 6 grown men in the house. So there are 8 total?

How does he have time for this strenuous work with his PGA Tour practice schedule?

From his Instagram, it looks like him and 7 other dudes all live in a big house in Arizona and just party all the time. PGA bound.
rootube
AG
What happens after he tells all the stories from his playing days.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Rae Carruth - One of the best receivers in the history of Colorado Buffs football.

Kellen Winslow - Controversial but productive tight end for the Miami Hurricanes.

Lawrence Phillips - Dominant Husker Back

Aaron Hernandez, etc, etc.

This article ranks Manziel at #2 in terms of most disgraced athletes just behind Hernandez. That is a bit harsh even by my reckoning. I would put him and Vince Young as a tie somewhere higher. They size him up pretty well though.

https://www.thesportster.com/football/15-nfl-players-whose-career-ended-in-disgrace/

Quote:

Where do you even start with Johnny Manziel? He's a hot mess, a trainwreck, a lost cause, and most importantly, a lost talent who succumbed to the material world over his pro football career and embarrassed himself time after time, tarnishing forever a reputation that could have taken him many places.

He should have been a star. His run-and-gun style of quarterbacking was an exciting addition to the league that proved successful in college. But he apparently didn't think the rules applied to him.

He caused trouble at every turn after winning the Heisman as a Texas A&M freshman in 2012. He had a drinking habit, and that the was root cause of a lot of his foolhardy ways. He missed meetings, crashed frat parties, charged for his autograph, was arrested more times than once and even skipped town to party in Vegas in a bad disguise the night before a Browns game when he was out with a concussion.

In 2015, Cleveland, who had drafted him 22nd overall the year prior, had finally had enough and released Manziel from the team. The next year, his marketing agency fired him, two separate agents fired him, and he even lost some lucrative endorsements.

He was never able to kick his addiction problems, and what should have been a long and successful career never even got off the ground.
TxAg76
AG
In before all the bipolar commentary and defenders....
Saint Pablo
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Rae Carruth - One of the best receivers in the history of Colorado Buffs football.

Kellen Winslow - Controversial but productive tight end for the Miami Hurricanes.

Lawrence Phillips - Dominant Husker Back

Aaron Hernandez, etc, etc.

This article ranks Manziel at #2 in terms of most disgraced athletes just behind Hernandez. That is a bit harsh even by my reckoning. I would put him and Vince Young as a tie somewhere higher. They size him up pretty well though.

https://www.thesportster.com/football/15-nfl-players-whose-career-ended-in-disgrace/

Quote:

Where do you even start with Johnny Manziel? He's a hot mess, a trainwreck, a lost cause, and most importantly, a lost talent who succumbed to the material world over his pro football career and embarrassed himself time after time, tarnishing forever a reputation that could have taken him many places.

He should have been a star. His run-and-gun style of quarterbacking was an exciting addition to the league that proved successful in college. But he apparently didn't think the rules applied to him.

He caused trouble at every turn after winning the Heisman as a Texas A&M freshman in 2012. He had a drinking habit, and that the was root cause of a lot of his foolhardy ways. He missed meetings, crashed frat parties, charged for his autograph, was arrested more times than once and even skipped town to party in Vegas in a bad disguise the night before a Browns game when he was out with a concussion.

In 2015, Cleveland, who had drafted him 22nd overall the year prior, had finally had enough and released Manziel from the team. The next year, his marketing agency fired him, two separate agents fired him, and he even lost some lucrative endorsements.

He was never able to kick his addiction problems, and what should have been a long and successful career never even got off the ground.

JFF more disgraced than woman abusers, murderers, and rapists. What the hell
rootube
AG
I don't disagree with your point here but Young had a productive NFL career by comparison and Jeff Fisher didn't really do him any favors in the coaching category. It feels like the Browns really tried to make it work despite Johnny's best efforts.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.