Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chris Simms on QB's

6,660 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jawbreaker
dtschm14
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Interesting take on our guy- skip to around 22:50 for Mond content. A little questionable because 1. He's a sip and 2. He starts off by saying how much better Wilson is than Sunshine. Still worth a watch, it's offseason after all.
AG
He is wrong about almost everything, much like his Dad.
Sparkie
AG
Still cant get past Chrissies boyfriend tattoo.
Hank Mardukas
AG
He's been very accurate projecting the best QBs recently
Unemployed
AG
4 said:

Both of them played at the highest level and you're arrogant enough to think you know more about football than them.

You act more like a sip than Simms.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
I think Kellen is a good quarterback, not great but good. However, Chris lost me when he said that all his throws were dead on accurate.
AG
RealTalk said:

4 said:

Both of them played at the highest level and you're arrogant enough to think you know more about football than them.

There's also a lot more guys who played at the highest level that disagree with them than share their opinion, so it's possible they are wrong and you are just an idiot.
Agsuffering@bulaw
"He never totally misses a target"
"Every throw is a bullseye "
"He has no problem going from target 1, to 2, to 3"
"Jimbos offense is predictable, defenses sitting all over it"

No mention of fumbles or pocket presence.

Sounds like Chris watched the bama game and cuts of other games.

I also question him questioning Jimbo. The whole point of Jimbos offense is to be able to run a few routes really well from any personnel set and/or formation.

ETA: and make route adjustments on call or site- that is the hardest part
StinkyPinky
AG
Every one can (and rightfully so) point to issues in his game. But didn't we see him improve his senior year? Why can't he be expected to continue to improve. You guys act like growth beyond the early college game isn't possible, where in fact that is where people grow the most. Get past your biases and be supportive of an Aggie that is working hard, trying to improve, and succeeding. I've lost faith in this group.
Stone44
AG
He was a mental cripple who failed badly in the NFL. Applewhite beat him out at tu and it was downhill from there. He rode Daddy's coattails to get this job.
SilverTongueDevil
Stone44 said:

He was a mental cripple who failed badly in the NFL. Applewhite beat him out at tu and it was downhill from there. He rode Daddy's coattails to get this job.

Well actually he beat out Aoplewhite after his freshman year. Most of the sip fans never agreed with that decision. I'm pretty sure he was promised the job and Brown had to honor that promise.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Pumpkinhead
AG
Mond was a good, not great, college QB.

Was about a Top-15 QB in the country last year. Which was good. TexAgs as is its nature still wanted more.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I just remember him sucking in a bowl against an inferior opponent. Then major came in and brought them back.
Bunk Moreland
4 said:

He ranked Mahomes ahead of Watson and others in 2017.

Had Lamar and Josh Allen ahead of Baker and Darnold in 18.

Had Lock ahead of Haskins in 19.

Had Herbert (and Love) ahead of Tua in 20.

His recent track record in this department is pretty good.
Ags4DaWin
Mond does not have the accuracy to be a pro QB. A few of the greatest NFL talent evaluators have said that if he is not accurate in college that he won't be accurate in the NFL.

And the draft has proven that several times over.
Bunk Moreland
Ags4DaWin said:

Mond does not have the accuracy to be a pro QB. A few of the greatest NFL talent evaluators have said that if he is not accurate in college that he won't be accurate in the NFL.

You've been wrong about Mond at every turn the last few years. Best you sit this one out.
Ags4DaWin
Bunk Moreland said:

Ags4DaWin said:

You've been wrong about Mond at every turn the last few years. Best you sit this one out.

LOL.

Ummm no I haven't. Accuracy was still a problem this year. He depended on the running game. When we could rely on the running game he managed the game fairly well but could not do anything when we had to rely on the passing game for production. Defensive coordinators schemed against him easily.

Overthrowing recievers and slow reads were still a problem. He does not have the mental readiness to be an NFL QB. I will be very interested in seeing his wonderlic score.

But yeah...he is not an NFL QB.
jamieboy2014
AG
Ah, Chris Simms... Still has one of my favorite mugshots of all time. You can practically smell him through that picture.

If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
SilverTongueDevil
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I just remember him sucking in a bowl against an inferior opponent. Then major came in and brought them back.

Simms sucked in the Big 12 title game and was benched. Applewhite engineered a comeback that came up short and they started him on the bowl game. It was the least they could do. His career was ruined due to the QB controversy. I don't care for Major much but he's the kind of QB that Saban has won most of his national titles with.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
cavscout96
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

Stone44 said:

Well actually he beat out Aoplewhite after his freshman year. Most of the sip fans never agreed with that decision. I'm pretty sure he was promised the job and Brown had to honor that promise.

He didn't "beat out" Applewhite.

MA was clearly the better QB.

He did replace Applewhite. Very bad decision IMO.
Texas Rooster
Chris is spot on.
NyAggie
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

4 said:

He ranked Mahomes ahead of Watson and others in 2017.

Had Lamar and Josh Allen ahead of Baker and Darnold in 18.

Had Lock ahead of Haskins in 19.

Had Herbert (and Love) ahead of Tua in 20.

His recent track record in this department is pretty good.

Yep

Just because someone goes against conventional wisdom doesn't make them wrong

I also thought josh Allen was the an in that draft that had the potential to be the best

I would have had him as my number 1

My in laws are bills fans and they were unsure about Allen

I said don't worry, you guys got the best qb in the draft
DimebagsGhost
AG
RealTalk said:

4 said:

I would argue that most people on this board have watched way more "tape" on Mond than Simms has. This is where the National media like him lose it for me.
Bunk Moreland
DimebagsGhost said:

RealTalk said:

4 said:

I would argue that most people on this board have watched way more "tape" on Mond than Simms has. This is where the National media like him lose it for me.

Agree. I would also argue many (possibly most) on this board also have a deep-seated hatred for Mond, and irrationally blame him for all their perceived BAS issues the last few years. For many it simply started with their fanboy getting hurt vs UCLA and a piece of hair that sat through the front of a helmet and they could never let it go. The hate deepened when he beat out said fanboy in Jimbo year 1. At least they got the SJW Sully drama last year so they could retcon that into being the 'source' of their noble and objective criticism.

This is where the National media like him actually look at what's on the tape and not what somebody's brother thought about Mond's leadership style being poor because he took a drink of gatorade first instead of offering it to his OL while they watched a 3rd down defensive stop on the sideline.
eb93
AG
I am high on Mond making it in the NFL, but not #4 high. No mention of the fact we seldom threw downfield. Mond's accuracy wasn't nails he could be high early in big games, and obviously problems in previous years when the pocket broke down. But I will say Mond is great at pre-snap reads, is a cool customer and does have a legit arm. Only takes one team for him to move into first round, but my grade is 3rd or 4th round. My grade, lol.
Bunk Moreland
I agree...someone could take a late 2nd flier on him but he screams 3rd round QB.
JJxvi
AG
At one point, it was all the rage to refer to the completion percentage stats to show how inaccurate Mond was and usually then it was also implied for some reason (as it has been on this thread) that quarterbacks never improve. It seems that use of the stats has died out for some reason, probably because Kellen Mond just had likely the most accurate season in A&M history for anybody not named Manziel.
gonzox
AG
This guy agrees with some of you:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/chris-simms-kellen-mond-justin-fields-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings/amp
TopoTacos
AG
Simms has a good track record on ranking incoming QBs over the past few seasons.

I don't totally disagree with Kellen at 4, but that's more on being not as sold on Fields (Lance is really intriguing but he just has the one season).

Kellen absolutely improved in his years here and by all reports had a tremendous Senior Bowl week. Look for him to at the very least be a great addition to the QB room as a steady backup (like a Chase Daniel, Charlie Whitehurst, etc)
Agsuffering@bulaw
Just from his terrible writing, I would trust Chris Simms over Coleman Bentley.
rootube
AG
I never thought I would see the day where some media personality gives high praise to an Aggie player and is attacked for it on an Aggie fan site. It's honestly bizarre. I wish him the best in the NFL and hope he proves everyone wrong.
Jawbreaker
Ags4DaWin said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Ags4DaWin said:

LOL.

Ummm no I haven't. Accuracy was still a problem this year. He depended on the running game. When we could rely on the running game he managed the game fairly well but could not do anything when we had to rely on the passing game for production. Defensive coordinators schemed against him easily.

Overthrowing recievers and slow reads were still a problem. He does not have the mental readiness to be an NFL QB. I will be very interested in seeing his wonderlic score.

But yeah...he is not an NFL QB.
So when he gets drafted to be an NFL QB...........
You going to:
A) Eat Crow
B) Poop Slap
C) Continue to make yourself ever more annoying
D) Drink heavily and cry

We need to know this as the zoo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.