Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Woodward

4,162 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by azhector72
spoiler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder if Woodward would have taken the lsu job if he knew what appears to be the "lack of institutional control" that is going on down there. I know its home and they got a NC but it appears to be dark days ahead down there.
TMartin
Anyone who is familiar with the history of Louisiana knows these are not "dark days" but only business as usual. People who have done business in Louisiana understand this is not unusual. I believe Louisiana has been trying to reform but it's going to be a very long and slow process. Just my opinion.
TopoTacos
AG
I don't say this because of any rivalry or anything negative towards LSU on a conceptual level, I've met plenty of Tiger fans and most of them are delightful people with some of the best tailgate food and school spirit in the nation....

It's becoming clearer and clearer that the LSU Athletics department is rotten from the core out.
Aston04
AG
The year before he came their basketball coach was literally on tape talking about paying players and lsu did almost nothing.

No, Woodward doesn't care.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Too big to fail.

The SEC will back them. 2 years bowl ban, 1 already served. 9-15 scholarship losses, probably not more than 4 per year. O will get thrown to the wolves to symbolize.
carl spacklers hat
Its an interesting juxtaposition, but both TMartin and TopoTacos comments are pretty accurate. I would differ with TMartin, though, in that I don't think they will ever "reform" mainly because for there to be reform, people have to actually want it. Louisianans are comfortable with the way things are. But damn they can cook and throw a party so I guess we just take the good with the bad.
Jimbo4win
AG
Is punishment still a thing for the NCAA? If so, when will Baylor be punished?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Rape and murder were not violations of ncaa bylaws. Rape only recently started getting attention under t9.

Not saying justice was served.
PyriteAg
AG
I am grateful for what Woodward did here but he most certainly knew about what was happening at LSU. Or at the very least, he had a general idea of it. There's just no way a man like him didn't know what he was getting into.

I think he was going to leave for LSU no matter what. It's just that the drama with Sharp just sped up the inevitable.
jickyjack1
What Woodward did was not on the same plane, but could be mentioned in the same breath, as what Bowtie did. Just because of Fisher, it was a great day when he came to College Station.
jickyjack1
azhector72
you said wood
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.