Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The mad hatter at KU placed on administrative leave

5,393 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Earl_Rudder
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sports/les-miles-lsu-tigers-scandal-kansas-jayhawks-placed-on-leave-jeff-long/?fbclid=IwAR2xZMj1Nlt8lNtvSWIixyDgWJnKmSB04kSxwAU9i6hzMMhM9cIKqTOqSVU
Charlie Murphy
Tough to be a KU football fan. Mangino and now this.
Texas Rooster
Yeah, i read this hours ago. So now what?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I don't agree with it, but he's done.

Hitting on a coed 8 years ago at LSU gets him fired at KU today. Wow.
My Name Is Judge
Charlie Murphy said:

Mangino was their Bear Bryant

Idiots ran him off bc he was a meanie & hurt some feelings

Aston 91
AG
Translation: we suck at football, our revenues are way down due to Covid, and this is a way to get out of his contract without paying a buyout. The only surprising thing in this news cycle was the fact that the grass-eater makes more than Bill Self.

Edit: I just double checked, and the mad hatter makes about 1/3 of what Self does. Somewhere earlier today I'd read that Miles was the highest paid employee in KS, which made no sense. Now I see that's not the case.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Don't matter beat Texas!!
A-A Ron
Just think of how different the last 8 years might have been for LSU had this come out back then and if it came to him being fired by LSU.
Stone44
AG
Just another example of what classless trash LSU is.
Al Bula
AG
Like Les said, "Let her strip."

greg.w.h
AG
This is to distract from the death penalty for LSU's basketball program...guess they're aiming a Self by slapping Miles.

And it has Joe Alleva written all over it...who got fired because he was incompetent but blames his national championship coach...in a hit job...eight years later...
Agsuffering@bulaw
Maybe we win one from 13-17, but most were not close. Sumlin failed to recruit/ develop players who could win the line of scrimmage. LSU had plenty.
Barry Potter 09
It is only a matter of time when Miles is either fired or resigns. It also sounds like there is a way to KU to fire AD Jeff Long, which is desired by many fans. He has one of the craziest contracts ever written.

As for who is the next HC, it depends on how long Jeff Long is AD. Does he get fired before Miles departs? Either way, no idea but an internal interim is a real possibility.
Rudyjax
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

They don't know how to keep a football coach. Any coach worth a **** they have issues with.
bv86ag
AG
Who cares...it's a basketball school that sucks at football and always will.
Miles was already in decline by accepting a dead-end job like that in the first place.
jamieboy2014
AG
Looks like the grass wasn't greener at ku after all...

If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
AgCat93
AG
Miles of Lies...
TxAg76
AG
He was probably just singin that crowd song "suck that tiger diick, biitch".....and she took it the wrong way
SilverTongueDevil
bv86ag said:

Who cares...it's a basketball school that sucks at football and always will.
Miles was already in decline by accepting a dead-end job like that in the first place.

Agree. I can't believe he ever took that job. Better to just stay retired.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
infinity ag
So what exactly did Les do? He did not bang any of those girls... did he press a boob or something?
misterguinness
AG
infinity ag said:

So what exactly did Les do? He did not bang any of those girls... did he press a boob or something?
Short version: Derrius Guice sexually harassed a 70 year-old woman. Miles knew about it and did nothing.
2+2=5
DustysLineup
AG
No, the new allegations (or new revelations of old allegations) are against Les himself.
45-70Ag
AG
I'm still amazed at the number of fans who say that when neck is played, if it's still played.
infinity ag
misterguinness said:

infinity ag said:

Short version: Derrius Guice sexually harassed a 70 year-old woman. Miles knew about it and did nothing.

Oh wow

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/derrius-guice-reportedly-sexually-harassed-70-year-old-woman-while-at-lsu/

Quote:

"At 3:30 pm she was sitting on a chair at her post when Derrius Guice and several other men approached her. He began saying that he 'likes older women' and asked if she would have sex with him. She was shocked and told him that was not funny. He continued to gesture at his private area and grab himself in front of her saying that 'older women are my thing' and that they could just 'go off and do it' somewhere. She told him that she is a grandmother and 70 years old and that he shouldn't talk to people that way. The other men began to laugh. She tried to tell him how disgusting it was that he would treat her that way but he kept talking about sex as he got into an elevator and left.

Agsuffering@bulaw
Darrius will end up like Lawrence Phillips messing with old people.
Agsuffering@bulaw
As distasteful as Miles behavior was, it doesn't sound like ncaa or even t9 violations. Assuming the granny victim was not a student.
Aggieair
misterguinness said:

infinity ag said:

The incident with the 70 year old happened when Coach O was in charge. Guuce was accused of raping two women when Miles was in charge though.
Earl_Rudder
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

As distasteful as Miles behavior was, it doesn't sound like ncaa or even t9 violations. Assuming the granny victim was not a student.
Distasteful...? I feel like no one has read the report... it's beyond distasteful.

Quote:

In her interview, Lewis stated that around this time her "worst nightmare happened" when an Athletics Department student worker ("Student 1") came to her "very upset about something that happened when she was alone with Coach Miles." According to Lewis, Student 1 requested her assistance in confronting Miles regarding the allegations. Another longtime Football Operations employee was present for the meeting and recalled, from her perspective, that Student 1 was "completely traumatized" by the alleged incident: "This child had a dead stare . . . she just kept saying, over and over, 'You know what you did to me.'" Sharon Lewis echoed this, describing the interaction between Student 1 as "emotional" and "traumatic."

Following this encounter, Lewis immediately reported the incident to Segar. According to two Athletics employees interviewed as part of our review, Student 1 met with Segar, but "the University never did anything about it." There is no record of this student's concern being investigated in a manner consistent with then-University policy. There are also no records or other evidence of Student 1 being provided with notice of her rights and options in response to the complaint, or perhaps more importantly, any supportive resources other than the support of Sharon Lewis and Coordinator of Football Operations and assistant to Head Coach Ya'el Lofton.127 Lofton and Lewis stated that after this incident, Student 1 "fell off the face of the Earth" and did not "know what happened to her after that."

Sounds like it was more than distasteful. Les has been accused of opening the door to his house in his underwear to student-workers. He was sanctioned by the AD twice and could no longer be alone with female student workers.

Think about that. Your employer has told you you can no longer be alone with females because of the complaints.

I would be absolutely livid if Jimbo ever did anything close to this level. Miles is bordering on sexual predator, if not being one already.

I hope you wouldn't want your daughters or nieces to work for "distasteful" programs like this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.