Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Help Me TACKLE ALZHEIMER'S- BvB Dallas- Let's do it again!

1,822 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BlueAg2003
BlueAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://givebutter.com/bvbdallas2021/the-blue-team-1/tawnyalonzo

Aggie Football related as a big chunk of us playing are Aggies!

I am so excited to be a Captain for the Blue Team in my THIRD YEAR with BVB Dallas! I am honored to represent my team, this amazing organization, and the millions in the country affected by Alzheimer's Disease. It is truly going to take a team effort to TACKLE ALZ!

BvB Dallas is a young-professional organization that hosts a powder-puff football game for a day of fun, fellowship, philanthropy and enjoyment as a way of raising money for Alzheimer's research and awareness. Founded by sisters whose father was afflicted by Alzheimer's, BvB is a personal way for young professionals across the country to raise awareness, funds and support to TACKLE ALZHEIMER'S FOREVER.

Every 65 seconds someone in the US is diagnosed, and 5.7 million Americans are currently living with this disease. This number is expected to rise in coming years. By giving to BvB Dallas, you are giving directly to beneficiaries in the DFW area who provide care to those affected and are making amazing strides in research. Without you, their work could not continue.

COVID-19 completely turned our world upside down last year, but despite the challenges (our game was cancelled), we were able to press forward to raise a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS for the cause. Personally, I was able to raise $7,400 because of the amazing generosity and philanthropic spirit of those around me...TexAgs and Aggies in general providing about 99% of that! With your help, we were able to fund our two amazing beneficiaries....UT Southwestern and The Senior Source.

Today, I am asking you for you to join our winning team and help with something that is very important to me, BvB Dallas. Whether you are able to donate $5 or $500, I would love your support in my continued fight against Alzheimer's Disease. Our beneficiaries need your help now more than ever. The fight isn't over and BvB Dallas won't stop until we've hit the endzone.

In 2021, we are hoping to get things back on track. This year, we will be back in the Cotton Bowl on August 7, 2021 playing our flagship football game! Your donation of $25 or more gets you a seat at the game and to enjoy a night of fun and celebration in getting closer to the goal of eradicating Alzheimer's Disease.

As always, my goal is to honor those who have been affected by Alzheimer's Disease. I'll be playing with my Grandpa Cliff's name on my arm, but also want to honor your loved one. With your donation, please let me know who you want me to play for and I'll ensure they're name makes it on my arm for game day. This game is ALWAYS for them.

Thank you for all of your continued support!

This year's platform is a little different. We're on GiveButter, but the process is pretty much the same. If you feel more comfortable giving via Venmo, feel free to donate by sending to @TawnyAlonzo. I will make sure it is applied to our overall fundraising. Please click the link below to give!!!

Anchorhold
Done
BlueAg2003
AG
Thank you!!! I truly appreciate it!
BlueAg2003
AG
Happy Monday and International Women's Day! Did you know that Alzheimer's disproportionately affects women? Please consider donating today in honor of a woman you love!

I'm at $1433 of my $5000 goal. I'm hoping to get to $1500 by the end of today!
sleepybeagle
AG
My mother died of Alzheimer's.

To call this a woman's issue I think is with all due respect myopic. This is an "everybody" issue. Alzheimer's is horrible for what it does to the individual, but unlike other diseases, it effects the loved ones more.

My father struggled to care for my mother as long as he was able to at home. He made ramps and put up hand rails as she watched her slowly lose her mind and her strength. Her loving happy personality slowly evaporated away as she grew depressed and delusional.

She saw things that weren't there and believed the worst in people. My father would bath her and and clean her as she was unable to do the most simple things for herself. Through all of this she often accused him of horrible things like stealing jewelry from her or of him having an affair. But he never stopped loving her even though the woman he had known for 50 years was long gone - the woman he had made vows to "honor and cherish, for better or worse, through sickness or health". My father fought with Alzheimer's as long and as hard as he could and he kept those vows.

Finally it got to the point where he could no longer take care of her by himself and he had to put her in a home. My father on his daily visits made friends with several other men and family members going through similar situations with their loved ones. It was tough watching my mother slowly drain away, but every day my father would bring her ice cream or another of her favorite foods and slowly feed her at lunch.

I watched my mother die with my father by her side. My mother is in a better place now and my father is trying to move on with his life without her.

My father get's a bit angry with movies about Alzheimer's as he says these shows generally only portray the initial individual's struggle with memory loss and gloss over the long-term struggle that comes after.

Alzheimer's is a horrible disease and we need to find a cure. But to say this disease mostly effects women, I think misses the greater loss that is Alzheimer's.

Let's find a cure!
BlueAg2003
AG
I wasn't trying to suggest that this doesn't hit everyone in their own way. Trust me, it killed my grandfather and is slowly taking my dad. I was trying to piggyback on International Women's Day with an infographic I found. I absolutely know firsthand that this affects ALL involved in the care. I apologize if it came across differently.
BlueAg2003
AG
If you're looking for a fun way to get involved in our campaign, take a look at our March Madness bracket contest!

https://givebutter.com/BvBMadness2021?fbclid=IwAR1LKc9WisvN226B45yimVJyNULBZ84ib6zlzQkheBsMlr0RCyemuiSlaB8

Just click the link in the top right corner that says "Donate and Tickets". Select your number of entries (each bracket is a $20 donation), then make sure in the reference field you put my name (Tawny Alonzo) so I get credit for the donation.

After placing your donation, you will receive an email with a link and password to fill out your bracket. Multiple brackets are welcome and give you more chances to win! Brackets will go live after tournament teams are announced on Selection Sunday, March 14th. Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last place*. Prize amounts will depend on the number of entries.

Of course, if you prefer to skip the bracket, you can always donate directly to me at the link below:

BlueAg2003
AG

In the time that it took me to find this infographic and make this post, three people have developed Alzheimer's. That is a staggering number...every minute, someone is starting their journey with a horrific disease. As many of you have experienced, or read about here on TexAgs, it is something that affects the whole family.

THANK YOU to those who have donated. I am so happy to report that I am at $1983 of my $5000 goal. I have LONG way to go...and in that time...thousands of individuals will be diagnosed with Alz. Please consider giving today.

Can you get me north of $2000? Please click the link below to give what you can.

sleepybeagle
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

I wasn't trying to suggest that this doesn't hit everyone in their own way. Trust me, it killed my grandfather and is slowly taking my dad. I was trying to piggyback on International Women's Day with an infographic I found. I absolutely know firsthand that this affects ALL involved in the care. I apologize if it came across differently.
No worries. I appreciate all that you are doing!
BlueAg2003
AG
I've been sitting at $2033 for a little while. Is anyone feeling charitable rolling into the weekend? Let's kick Alzheimer's a** together.

Also, t.u. sucks.

BlueAg2003
AG

(Had to throw up a Gig 'em for the camera)

We had a great time this weekend holding a St. Patrick's Day car parade for our friends at The Villages of Dallas. We don't just raise money, we take time to work with those in our community affected by Alzheimer's Disease. COVID has greatly impacted individuals in assisted living. One of our beneficiaries, The Senior Source, works hard to improve the quality of life for the residents of many of these facilities, along with the lives of those who take care of them.

Please consider supporting our mission by donating to the link below:

It is my personal goal to get to $5000 to give back to our incredible beneficiaries out there doing special work to ease the pain and suffering of individuals with Alz. Can you help?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.