Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The missing link in Moko and Johnson

7,927 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by akm91
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With these 2 huge, big time, experienced transfers, the Oline will turn out a lot better than we thought. Moko is going to be an absolute stud. His work ethic and dedication to his craft is impressive ( see you tube). Doesn't hurt he was rated #1 juco O lineman last season. Johnson brings a wealth of SEC experience with him. I truly believe these 2 big pick ups for us, along with the other guys coming back on the line , along with our 3 stud running backs, will contribute to a very good shot at a national title. Doesn't hurt to have a good defense coming back, and Demond Demas as our starter finally.
akm91
AG
Moko hasn't played against top competition so I'd tap the brakes a bit on him. Definite potential there but I don't think he actually played last season due to the pandemic. Snow JC is only starting to play the 20-21 season now.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Meximan
Hoping you eat your words, then!
AWP 97
AG
maroongoon95 said:

With these 2 huge, big time, experienced transfers, the Oline will turn out a lot better than we thought. Moko is going to be an absolute stud. His work ethic and dedication to his craft is impressive ( see you tube). Doesn't hurt he was rated #1 juco O lineman last season. Johnson brings a wealth of SEC experience with him. I truly believe these 2 big pick ups for us, along with the other guys coming back on the line , along with our 3 stud running backs, will contribute to a very good shot at a national title. Doesn't hurt to have a good defense coming back, and Demond Demas as our starter finally.

I stopped reading when you referenced Moko as experienced.
maroongoon95
AG
Y'all are idiots! Y'all are probably predicting us to have an 8 win season next year too. Not experienced? I guess Aaron Glen ( best corner in Aggies history) didn't have experience when he played at A&M after playing 2 years in JUCO.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I haven't seen any indication that Demas will be starting. He is wildly talented and I truly hope he pans out, but haven't seen anything from him yet.
SuperAg09
AG
Bro, it's not even the weekend yet. Lay off the sauce until Friday at least.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
maroongoon95 said:

Y'all are idiots! Y'all are probably predicting us to have an 8 win season next year too. Not experienced? I guess Aaron Glen ( best corner in Aggies history) didn't have experience when he played at A&M after playing 2 years in JUCO.

I am excited about the new offensive line talent as well. I think moko has huge upside too. I think the part your missing about moko is he is new to football. So yes a juco player can be a stud like Aaron Glenn but I think the big difference here is moko has played only one season of football. So he is not your typical juco guy. In fact I think if you were looking for a closer comparison it might be Michael clemsons. Big time upside, great physical capabilities, but very little actual playing experience. Moko may be a first round pick before he leaves but it may take him a year or two to get there.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I appreciate the optimism and was very happy to see us get both OTs. I have us winning 9-10 and making it interesting. Based on what I expect to happen around the league, 10-2 would be satisfying.

I think jahmir was huge. He gets us another year to develop trainor and the fish from last year.

It seems that juco ol need a year to transition to p5. I expect big things in 22. If he helps this year, it's gravy.
ChillyAg19
AG
Baylor Cupp tho. Less of Rennick on the field.
NyAggie
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

maroongoon95 said:

I am excited about the new offensive line talent as well. I think moko has huge upside too. I think the part your missing about moko is he is new to football. So yes a juco player can be a stud like Aaron Glenn but I think the big difference here is moko has played only one season of football. So he is not your typical juco guy. In fact I think if you were looking for a closer comparison it might be Michael clemsons. Big time upside, great physical capabilities, but very little actual playing experience. Moko may be a first round pick before he leaves but it may take him a year or two to get there.
likely this.

I expect Moko to be a contributor/possible starter by year 2 and a bigtime player for us by year 3

kid has 4 years to play 4

as for next season, I'm in the 9-10 win camp, though looking at the schedule, at least on paper, it's hard to find a team other than bama and maybe at Lsu, that you can say, at least at this point, that we won't be favored against.

my order of difficulty (right now)

bama - home game but will be hard to beat them with a new qb and 4 new oline
at lsu - return a lot and it's on the road - we haven't played well in baton rouge
at ole miss - can score and kiffin starting to bring in some dudes on defense, plus road game
at mizzou **** sneaky tough game - can score and on the road
Auburn ****have them here because of talent, but I don't think they'll be a cohesive team yet with a new coach when we play them)
Arkansas ****this one has the potential to be tougher than we think, have to see how Arkansas looks early on
to get a better guage
miss st - leach teams always get much better as players spend more time in his system
south carolina -not a good team
colorado - pac12 sucks

ooc cupcakes

AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

I haven't seen any indication that Demas will be starting. He is wildly talented and I truly hope he pans out, but haven't seen anything from him yet.

Well...nobody has. Probably because he hasn't played much yet.
maroongoon95
AG
The new qb argument is interesting. Why is it that Alabama has a new qb every year that ends up all American?? Mac Jones was at one time a 3rd team guy. Why can't King be that qb who emerges as at a least all conference? We have so many non believers on our forum. 9-10 wins? Really? With our schedule and talent, Um 10-11, outside chance of 12 wins. King is going to be an absolute stud. He's a leader type who reminds me of Colt McCoy. Dad is a solid high school coach, very discipline, good kid, led 5a teams to state titles, smart. What was funny is that no one realizes that King was our leading rusher vs bama off one series. Of course your argument will be he was playing against scrubs at end of game. We also had our scrubs in too. We went through this last year when everyone was predicting 7 wins. Lol. Idiots
maroongoon95 said:

The new qb argument is interesting. Why is it that Alabama has a new qb every year that ends up all American?? Mac Jones was at one time a 3rd team guy. Why can't King be that qb who emerges as at a least all conference? We have so many non believers on our forum. 9-10 wins? Really? With our schedule and talent, Um 10-11, outside chance of 12 wins. King is going to be an absolute stud. He's a leader type who reminds me of Colt McCoy. Dad is a solid high school coach, very discipline, good kid, led 5a teams to state titles, smart. What was funny is that no one realizes that King was our leading rusher vs bama off one series. Of course your argument will be he was playing against scrubs at end of game. We also had our scrubs in too. We went through this last year when everyone was predicting 7 wins. Lol. Idiots

We definately agree on the comparison for King. He reminds me of a bigger, faster,stronger armed Colt McCoy.

As far as why bama can just reload yearly it's because their recruiting is that much better than everyone else's. Their third team would be in the top 15 in the nation. Look at this past recruiting cycle they got approximately 8-10 more 4 and 5 star players than us and we had a top 5 class. Multiply that over 4 years and that's like getting an xtra full class of studs over everyone else.

I do think we will be really good next year. I think jimbo is about to start a run of at least 10 win seasons starting this year. I like your optimism and if we can stay healthy I think we have a good chance against anyone on our schedule.
akm91
AG
Moko has not played a season of organized football in the US. Snow JC did not play in the fall and is only starting to play in the season. Moko was not on their roster in 2019.
Shoefly!
AG
I'm waiting to hear from Ifishandle, he seemed to have a pretty good insight of the 20' team. And by the way several posters owe him some pretty good money for bets they lost on last years record.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I'm not worried about the QB. Concerns are OL, Depth, WR in that order.

We are breaking in 2.5 OL (Robinson is the .5, since he played some and looked good). Moreso, No Guard/Tackle or Guard/Center will have played together before, so the whole unit will have to learn what each other does. This is especially important since Jimbo favors zone blocking for both run and pass.

We lack proven depth at OL, LB, S, NT.

Hansford and White are good. No other returning LB had more than 4 tackles. I will believe it when I see it.

Demani is good. Leon is good when his head is right. Carper is solid, but not enough vs LSU/Bama unless alot of others step their games up. Carper and Leon are like Starsky & Hutch.

Jackson is the only NT we have. Peevy showed he needs to play 3 technique except in passing situations. Leal could probably get us out of a game, but would need to stunt unless the opposing OL sucks.

We have several returning 4* LB and S who are yet to emerge. Unless Leal gets even stronger or Shemar Turner is even better than advertised, a 3* will have to back up Jackson. We do have 3-4 NT bodies on the roster. Maybe 1 emerges this year.

Figure not all those groups are likely to develop this year. We must just hope to avoid injuries with whichever does not. OR, if Demas or another WR1 emerges, maybe we are just outscoring and playing for turnovers.
TX_Aggie37
AG
4 said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Well...nobody has. Probably because he hasn't played much yet.
That's my point. OP assumed Demas would be a starter and would make an impact. I hope he's right and I hope Demas kills it, but I was just saying it's an optimistic assumption.
Tamu_mgm
AG
akm91 said:

Moko hasn't played against top competition so I'd tap the brakes a bit on him. Definite potential there but I don't think he actually played last season due to the pandemic. Snow JC is only starting to play the 20-21 season now.
Agreed. I would absolutely love to eat crow on Moko, but he hasn't proven anything yet. He's got a fantastic frame and strength, to go along with awesome work ethic. However, until he proves it against the best (SEC) week in and out, we won't know how much of an add on he is. Plus, he's got to learn the offense, so I would be very shocked to see him in the starting lineup this year. Like germans bomb moon shock.
Tamu_mgm
AG
chillyschleemies said:

Rennick is a very good blocker though. Not a great pass-catching threat, but knows his assignments and blocks well overall.
akm91
AG
Pretty similar situation to Demas. Great athletic ability for the position but have to learn complex playbook and shake off rust from not playing an entire season.
Foxo
AG
chillyschleemies said:

What does this mean?
AWP 97
AG
maroongoon95 said:

I don't believe that Moko has ever taken a snap in a game of American football. How is that experienced?
yell_on_6th st
AG
AWP 97 said:

maroongoon95 said:

I don't believe that Moko has ever taken a snap in a game of American football. How is that experienced?

Dang, this is why people write Aggie jokes. Post less.
BQDrummer85
AG
When you resort to name calling (AKA Idiots) you show you dont have enough faith in your arguments.
ChillyAg19
AG
It means Baylor Cupp is a huge TE prospect who has had season ending injuries the past two preseasons. Renick played as TE2 behind Wydermyer all season. Renick was alright but I think Cupp brings another level of physicality and length that Renick doesn't. Before we had Wydermyer breakout I thought it was gonna be Baylor Cupp before he got hurt. I jut hope the guy can come back 100%.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
akm91 said:

Moko has not played a season of organized football in the US. Snow JC did not play in the fall and is only starting to play in the season. Moko was not on their roster in 2019.
He played rugby in Australia - so that should count for some experience '
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

akm91 said:

He played rugby in Australia - so that should count for some experience '

You serious Clark?
SinKiller
We love us some players that have never done anything on Kyle...We also seem to know all that they can do in spite of never actually seeing them do what folks say they can do...
maroongoon95
AG
Point is, is that our O line next season will be SEC ready, and I would not be surprised if we had two 1,000 yard rushers in Spiller and Achane. Favorable schedule and tons of talent, with a top tier coach. Hello college football play off. Good bye " the curse"
Thisguy1
maroongoon95 said:

Point is, is that our O line next season will be SEC ready, and I would not be surprised if we had two 1,000 yard rushers in Spiller and Achane. Favorable schedule and tons of talent, with a top tier coach. Hello college football play off. Good bye " the curse"

And the point is, Moko has less experience playing American football than a returning starter in pee wee football.
maroongoon95
AG
Am I missing something. Moko, according to Rivals, is a 4 star guy with 23 offers from big time programs( LSU, Florida). 6'5 300. With junior college football experience at snow junior college in Utah. And he was rated #1 juco o line in country. Why are posters saying he has no American football experience????? Baffling.
Thisguy1
Because he doesn't. Those offers are on potential, which he has a lot of. He was a rugby player.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I appreciate the optimism. Not many can come in and play OL at a high level immediately. I would love for Moko to arrive and crush people, but odds are he needs a few years.
12thmanfootball
AG
We may not need WR's to step up.......if Caleb Chapman comes back healthy. Between Wydermyer, Cupp, Spiller, Achane, and the Swiss Army Knife everyone will get plenty of touches.

Achane may get more recieving yards that any WR.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.