Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who's The Best Football Player...

10,436 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Nino Brown
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jermie Calhoun
Moe 92
AG
Darren Lewis
Bregxit
AG
dcbowers said:

Thurman Thomas and John Randle (both in the NFL HOF).
How did you pull this off?
P.U.T.U
AG
I played with a lot of good ones over the years or practiced against them. Drew Tate is the one that comes to mind, guy freaking had eyes in the back of his head. We had him running around all day but only sacked him twice I think.

David Boston and Givens were a year ahead of me but Boston was a freak of nature. He would do lunges with 315 pounds and he would still run a 4.4. Steroids help but still. Jackie Battle was a slightly higher than average running back being 5'10 and weighing around 185 his junior year. Senior year rolls around and he is 6'3" 220 and I think he was all state. I remember on one play against Westfield he broke 8 tackles on one play and then outran everyone for an 80 yard touchdown. One of the football media picked that play as the play of the year.

David Boston
David Givens
Sammy Davis
Leo Mills
Jackie Battle
Chris Alexander
Eric Mayes
Jason Jack
GolfAg93
S
I played with Justin Gilbert in high school. Ended up being an NFL bust, but all the talent in the world.

Played against Justin Jackson in basketball. He was the #1 rated freshman when we played him.. dropped 37 on our district champions team.
DowntownDallas99
I played on Boys Club and summer outlaw league basketball teams with Curtis Dickey, Gerald Carter and Rudy Woods (R.I.P.)

Beat the brakes off Chuck Knoblauch, John Byington and Bucky Richardson in a slowpitch softball city league game.

Player slowpitch softball with Rod Bernstine and Kip Corrington.

DowntownDallas99
DowntownDallas99
Played against both in Little Dribblers. Hoage was average but Archie was a dominating beast.

I think he went from high school to directly playing for the Houston Gamblers of USFL.
DegenAg
AG
Played against Robert Ferguson when he went to Spring Woods. Think he had like a million yards receiving and like 3ints on defense against us.
aggiepanic95
AG
Detron Smith (Lake Highlands '91)
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Bluff Rat said:

1. Tye Gunn
2. Cody Wallace

The first time I went to tackle Tye Gunn, I was like he's a QB, it won't be a problem. He was a big problem, a 6'4" 215# fastest guy on the field problem. His size 13 footprints were all over my jersey after the game.

We also payed Burnet and so McGee and Shipley (did you know him and Colt McCoy were roommates?) are on my list too.

Taurean Henderson on the list too. Guy was impossible to tackle.

ETA: Andy Blount from bandera singlehandedly destroyed us too one game. Guy had over 1500 yards receiving and 22 TD his senior year and it felt 1100 were against us. This is was in 2000 before anybody in Texas knew what a forward pass was. Pretty sure I was on a significant amount on his highlight reel he sent to colleges
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Juan Salas.

Lock thread.
98WFSCAG
AG
Jeremiah Trotter. He was actually a sophomore when I was a Sr and wasn't good. Apparently got a bit better.
SillyGoose
AG
I played Jaylon Waddle in a 7 on 7 game in summer of 2017. He scored all of the points for Episcopal and nobody even came close to putting a finger on him the entire day, which was about 7 games.

Also played against Trayveon Williams my sophomore year. He put up about 150 on the ground. Surprisingly didn't score that game.

Best kid I ever played against was Craig Williams from Crosby. He goes by Sqwirl. He put of 250+ on the ground and had 6 TD's. Kid runs a 10.2-10.3 and goes to Baylor now, but he doesn't see the field often.
Class of '22
stexagg
Not football, but played racquetball with and against Mike Jay and Garth Ten Napel. Ten Napel was unbelievably quick for a big guy and a linebacker. Never played football against anyone that I can remember, but played baseball and football with Vann McElroy. Great all around athlete.
aggie813
Rodney Thomas when he was at Groveton
A man amongst boys. Will always be my favorite Aggie.
itsyourboypookie
Quan Cosby, Jemarcus Finley, Tauren Henderson
TheTodd
I'm old...but Johnny Holland

My ears are still ringing
DragonDad
I guarded a retired Moses Malone in an alumni basketball game. He was ridiculous even when old.
BusterAg
AG
I absolutely blew up Quinton Jammer on a punt return. He juked the first two guys down there. His second juke lead right in front of me.

I also had to try and block Casey Hampton. It was a trap, and I was a pulling TE. He took one step towards the QB, realized he was unblocked, and turned right towards me. I tried to cut block him. It looked like I was diving into a tree trunk. He made the tackle for a loss.

Both in high school.

I also played Eddie Jasper in a pickup BB contest at the rec. He could ball.
Loftin
AG
Roddrick Muckelroy from Hallsville. He ended up playing for the sips and being a 4th round pick to the Ravens.
Brazos Born
John Randle, James Francis, Harvey Williams
Classof84
In HS, Kenneth Davis (Temple, TCU, Packers, Bills) and Ricky Sanders (Belton, SWT, USFL, Redskins, Falcons)

Richardson Tuesday Night Softball League (circa 86-88): Roger Staubach
Sgt. Hartman
AG
I played against Ricky Sanders also and he was pretty damned fast. Also Thomas Sanders from Giddings. He played for the Ags and later blocked for Sweetness on the Bears championship team.
unearth222
AG
Matthew Stafford and Aquib Talib. Also played baseball against Clayton Kershaw.
92aginSC
AG
Robert Strait ... in track.
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
I sacked Parker Bridwell twice in a game at Hereford. Last I heard he was pitching for the Angels. Easily the only athletic achievement I have worth bragging about online.
lil_frog8
AG
Reggie McNeil as a sophomore we peppered him with blind side blitzes and I personally caused him to throw a pick on a pressure I had off the edge on a nickel blitz. We went on to win state that year Gig'em Owls!!!

Ran track against Jeremy Warner and Darold Williamson both Olympic medalist back when I was on the track team.
Bluff Rat
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Bluff Rat said:

1. Tye Gunn
2. Cody Wallace

The first time I went to tackle Tye Gunn, I was like he's a QB, it won't be a problem. He was a big problem, a 6'4" 215# fastest guy on the field problem. His size 13 footprints were all over my jersey after the game.

We also payed Burnet and so McGee and Shipley (did you know him and Colt McCoy were roommates?) are on my list too.

Taurean Henderson on the list too. Guy was impossible to tackle.

ETA: Andy Blount from bandera singlehandedly destroyed us too one game. Guy had over 1500 yards receiving and 22 TD his senior year and it felt 1100 were against us. This is was in 2000 before anybody in Texas knew what a forward pass was. Pretty sure I was on a significant amount on his highlight reel he sent to colleges
Plus they ran the option which is pretty hard to defend sometimes and he ran all over us in both directions.
Hamburger Dan
Terry Orr of Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers. He played at Abilene Cooper, back in the day.
Nino Brown
Mike Bibby, Allen Iverson, Stephen Jackson and Rashard Lewis. Played with and against Jerald Brown and David Boston. Obviously Boston being the only football player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.