Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Klubnik to Clemson

11,700 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
doc99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AFR because Aggie parents and many wanted him in Aggieland
Dr. Tinkle
Texas will wonder how this kid slipped out of their backyard. They should have been all in on this kid.
NyAggie
AG
Writing was on the wall once Weigman committed here
Coryhub
If Weigman goes MLB we could be in trouble
SABUILDERAG
Coryhub said:

No way Jimbo didn't address this with him, right?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

Coryhub said:

No way Jimbo didn't address this with him, right?

Did he discuss it with Choo Freeman ?
sincereag
Both QBs will likely be very good and I'm glad we got one of them.
maroongoon95
AG
Heavy shoes to fill after Lawerence and DJU. He might look even silly. 6'2 little white boy from Westlake.
SilverTongueDevil
Dr. Tinkle said:

Texas will wonder how this kid slipped out of their backyard. They should have been all in on this kid.

They probably were but maybe he didn't want any part of that dumpster fire.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Divining Rod
I think Klubnik is going to be great. Like, Drew Brees great.
Bill Superman
AG
He missed the ship
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Better not get Kohl Stewarted by Weigman.
Post removed:
by user
Class of 65
AG
Kimbo busted on this one
Unemployed
AG
BAS65 said:

Kimbo busted on this one
AG
RealTalk said:

BAS65 said:

Kimbo busted on this one

Never thought of sculpting my chest hair quite like that, but I gotta admit... I'm thinking about it now.
Speckled Trout
AG
Two elite QB's in one class isn't realistic any more. We would certainly have loved to have him in addition to Weigman.

Wish Cade the best. Glad he's not at Texas.
DimebagsGhost
AG
4 said:

RealTalk said:

BAS65 said:

Kimbo busted on this one
https://movietvtechgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/What-Kimbo-Slice-and-MMA-did-for-each-other-2016-images.jpg

Never thought of sculpting my chest hair quite like that, but I gotta admit... I'm thinking about it now.
he dead
Agsuffering@bulaw
jimbo ensured we had an elite prospect before the music stopped. Not his fault klubnick wouldn't commit.
Reno Hightower
Chip Ambres/Kohl Stewart 2.0.....please not again. Maybe a little BAS but, we've seen this twice before.
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

jimbo ensured we had an elite prospect before the music stopped. Not his fault klubnick wouldn't commit.

No problem with Jimbo being deliberate in his Qb offers.

Klubnik had an offer and he didn't act on it. Now he may get to face an Aggie pass rush some day in the playoffs.

Finn
AG
Watching their film, Cade looks like a gamer but Weigman looks like the better prospect. His film shows a stronger arm, throws in tighter windows, less arc on deep balls.
Cade's film looks great as Weill but that little flop jump throw just looks ugly. His mechanics look ok but I don't see the same power or smooth release.
LB12Diamond
AG
What film did you watch? I watched all of their Playoff games this past year. I doubt you watched those with that analysis.

I can detail out specifics but the easiest way to compare the two. Klubnik is a QB that is athletic. Weigman an athlete that plays QB. Yes, you can win with both I just prefer the first one and also like he's from an Aggie family and no MLB risks.

Bridgeland lost their top 2 WRs, 3 O-line, no 2 RB and no 1 hurt his leg in the last game. So we will get to see how he does leading a young team next year.
Finn
AG
I watched their Jr full season Hudl highlights. Watched them back to back and that's just my opinion of what the video shows.
levypantsEOY
Only silver lining is that he's going to a team we don't play. I am growing increasingly concerned about Weigman and the MLB though hopefully that doesn't go anywhere.
Bizarre turn of events- based on his history/ family, I had him 100% pegged for Jimbo.
TxAg76
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Only silver lining is that he's going to a team we don't play.

We'll absolutely play em....in the CFP championship!
Agsuffering@bulaw
All this hand-wringing...klubnick did not want to sign with us.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Parents are Aggies and he seems like a good kid with amazing talent. I'll be rooting for him unless he plays the Ags. If he would have signed with sip then he could EAD.
Dominion Caracas Branch
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Really. We offered him before Weigman. What are we supposed to do turn down a top QB commitment on the hope that we get Klubnik? He looks great but I wonder if there would be this handwringing if he did not have Aggie ties. The whole Drew Brees thing scarred us. I think it is more a bad deal for tu to pass on Klubnik for Swopes part 2.
Unemployed
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Vatoloco has been trolling this board for years. Everyone knows he's an idiot t-shirt sip which is why no one ever responds to his posts. I have no idea why staff lets him stick around.
Guess the mods took care of that.
schmendeler
AG
DimebagsGhost said:

4 said:

RealTalk said:

BAS65 said:

Kimbo busted on this one

he dead
unrelated to his chest hair sculpting, though.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I think 'Clemson was his first choice' would have been a more accurate take. Had Clemson been off the table and A&M still had an opening, he might have signed with us. But Weigman pounced on the A&M offer and then Clemson took him so
It all worked out fine for everyone in the end.

From horn insider stuff several weeks back, apparently klibnick's parents had a real 'ugh, burnt orange' negative bias being Aggies that the horns were having to overcome. Said it wasn't a deal breaker, but was a 'real thing' in his recruitment.
Ags77
AG
I really really like this Klubnik kid. I think he is gonna be VERY good.
Gigem
Meximan
Reno Hightower said:

Chip Ambres/Kohl Stewart 2.0.....please not again. Maybe a little BAS but, we've seen this twice before.

Y'all act like 6 QBs will transfer next offseason and there won't be any depth. Chill tf out, if anything there'll be TOO much depth.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Reno Hightower said:

I recall Kohl Stewart's recruitment and it was always clear from the beginning by the Stewart's and recruiting services that very good chance Kohl would go baseball route (baseball first). Weigman's case seems more like Kyler Murray thus far from the family's quotes and all recruiting service reports, football is first priority.

So as of now, I wouldn't be that concerned about baseball.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.