Story Poster
Photo by Guy Frazier/DCTF
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2022 Pilot Point (TX) ATH Ish Harris discusses his top six schools

March 2, 2021

Pilot Point (TX) ATH Ish Harris‍ has been popular over the last few months. His schedule is filled with Zoom calls, track, basketball and conversations with elite college football coaches, and scholarship offers have arrived from across the country.

It has been quite the process, but after much research and thought, the 6-4, 200-pound standout has arrived at a top six.

“I arrived at these six schools because of education, football talent and just talking to my coaches and parents about what’s best for me,” Harris said. “That’s how we arrived here.”

Baylor - “Baylor is just a prestigious university. They have a great education and a great football team they're rebuilding right now, a great campus and they’ve been loyal to me from the start. Me and coach Aranda and coach Nance and a lot of those coaches talk almost every day.”

Oklahoma - “It’s the Sooners. The Sooners have that Boomer Sooner culture over there. They have a real nice defensive program. Coach Odom called me, not the area recruiter, but coach Odom called to offer me. Coach Odom told me he wanted me on his team and I’m going to do whatever I need to do to get you here.”

Oklahoma State - “They have been really loyal. They were the second team to offer me and that’s a program I could fit in really easily. I went and visited one of the games and I liked the town. The people were really nice, and they showed really good hospitality.”

Texas - “It’s that Sark-effect. Everybody knows that Sark-effect has something to do with everything. So, Texas, it's that brand, they play great football, and they want to bring me in and turn me into an Agent zero 2.0.”

Texas A&M - “The Aggie Network, they’re rebuilding a great football team right now. Coach Price, coach Santucci, coach Fisher and all of them are really close and I have a great relationship with them. They haven’t recruited any linebackers in the past two years so playing time. And the fact I want to study Agricultural Engineering puts them on the list.”

Utah - “The Utes, me and coach Swan are real close. He’s the linebacker coach and he sent nine of his 11 players to the draft this year on defense.”

What’s Next:

“The next step is to take visits and get to know the coaches more and break it down to a top three and I’ll probably end up announcing at the end or middle of the football season.”

Harris said there is no order to his top six, and he is planning to graduate in December and enroll early at his school of choice.

As a junior in 2020, Harris rushed for 1,788 yards and 18 TDs on 226 carries earning district offensive MVP honors as a running back. He recorded 44 tackles and 7 INTs on defense.

Discussion from...

2022 Pilot Point (TX) ATH Ish Harris discusses his top six schools

6,035 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Jerry-Ag
AWP 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is an interesting Top Six. If he wants to play in the SEC, we know where he is going.
RebeccaWade
He had a lot of hope but never got to play for Texas A&M in 2022, despite receiving numerous scholarship offers. I'm not sure how financially rewarding that decision turned out to be in the end. It's a shame I'm not an athlete and had to write an outstanding essay to secure a scholarship. I sought assistance from https://edubirdie.com/scholarship-essay-writing-service and that was my ticket here. Maybe I should have paid more attention to sports in school. However, I would hardly be able to rise to the success of Ish Harris. I hope he can prove himself to the Houston Cougars, where he has now moved.
Jerry-Ag
Thanks Rebecca. Very cool!
Get back or get Jerry’d
Jerry-Ag
Any interest in being Jerry's companion?
Get back or get Jerry’d
AG
RebeccaWade said:

He had so much hope but never played in 2022 for Texas A&M. I hope he can prove himself to the Houston Cougars, where he has now moved to.

I think this is Iraqveteranx2's new sock
Jbob04
AG
This is a weird thread bump
The Zookeeper
AG
Jerry-Ag said:

Be careful Rebecca ....
Wake me up when next year is finally THIS year.
Jerry-Ag
The Zookeeper said:

Jerry-Ag said:

Be careful Rebecca ....

Get back or get Jerry’d
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.