Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu new staff selling bama for all it's worth.

10,499 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LB12Diamond
Z Team
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tu Just picked up commitment from Bryan Allen, the 2nd best S in Tx per Lucci 44. Impressive sales job to already be sitting at no 4 ranked class in February. Looks like recruiting is going to be a dog fight until they field an underwhelming product in the two games against real competition.
500,000ags
AG
Sark is not the reason Alabama won a championship, has a lot of hungry and prepared talent, or why they have 4-5 first rounders on offense. Unfortunately, some of these recruits will learn that the hard way.
Maroon Flash
AG
The key word is February. Commitments nowadays are nothing more than glorified reservations.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Z Team said:

tu Just picked up commitment from Bryan Allen, the 2nd best S in Tx per Lucci 44. Impressive sales job to already be sitting at no 4 ranked class in February. Looks like recruiting is going to be a dog fight until they field an underwhelming product in the two games against real competition.
There is usually a bump in recruiting with a new coach. And the horns is a program that historically is going to recruit well.

The horns finished with the #3 nationally ranked class in 2018 (Herman's first full recruiting cycle).

Ifishandlie
AG
They're going to recruit. Anyone who thinks differently is crazy. Too much history/money there.

Hopefully they'll keep ruining good talent because they don't develop their players.

They've been absolutely terrible at getting kids in the nfl.
Sterling82
Our strategy of ignoring them while they circle down the drain is working. It's working! No, the reality is tu will be able to recruit with the right dynamics, i.e. a new coaching staff. Lack of success on the field, if that happens, won't impact this for two years.
rgag12
AG
Maroon Flash said:

The key word is February. Commitments nowadays are nothing more than glorified reservations.
true but even so they'll still keep about 75% of their current commits.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Good news Texas has to play a season before signing day. Let's just see how this all plays out.

Also don't forget that if daddy saban wants some of sarks players towards the end of the recruiting cycle he will poach them.
bv86ag
AG
I am sure Saban is already looking to poach a couple of Sark's top recruits just to put him in his place and show him that Bama is capable of single-handedly ruining his recruiting class.
Leander - Ag
AG
See strong and Herman. This is act three
Shoefly!
AG
My nephew is so giddy over the recruiting sark is doing right now. The bloviating from their sports journalists is on warp speed. I told him to get excited when they have 4 & 5* lineman and can dominate purple baylor.
Did Aggie football from 1998 to 2017 predict what would happen from 2018-2020? Jimbo Fisher changed a lot of what A&M was doing. Now, most Ags are optimistic about the future.

You shouldn't believe that past performance would predict future results. Hype comes with every new coaching regime. And, rightly so.

Recruiting and player development should be watched with Sark and staff.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
West Point Aggie
AG
And for the last ten years all their "amazing" recruiting (and it has been rated quite high) has done squat for them within a VERY s***ty conference. Hopefully they continue to be OUs ***ch
Let’s Go Brandon!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
West Point Aggie said:

And for the last ten years all their "amazing" recruiting (and it has been rated quite high) has done squat for them within a VERY s***ty conference. Hopefully they continue to be OUs ***ch

And TCU's
mcag83
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Unless they are commitments to the Ags. Then it is something for people on TexAgs to pound their chests about.
Brian DeSpain
If they don't get some OL/DL they will be selling insurance!
Stone44
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

West Point Aggie said:

And TCU's
And okie lites
AgJones
Lot of their early commits won't stick. Sark is selling Bama to these kids come fall he will have to sell Texas
jim 78
AG
Sark will fail
Aggie1188
Clockwork

Brian DeSpain
33 said:

Did Aggie football from 1998 to 2017 predict what would happen from 2018-2020? Jimbo Fisher changed a lot of what A&M was doing. Now, most Ags are optimistic about the future.

You shouldn't believe that past performance would predict future results. Hype comes with every new coaching regime. And, rightly so.

. While all of this is true Jimbo won a NC as a Head Coach and averaged like 10 wins a year. Sark has failed twice as a Head Coach. Sark is an excellent Coordinator But so was Charlie and Herman. Both won the NC. Being a Coordinator for Saban does not mean automatic success. Jermey Pruitt was a great Coordinator. . So was muschamp. And others. Jimbo is the only one to win an NC as a Head Coach. Smart has also done well. So yes I understand the new coach excitement. And Sark could be great. Like you said watch and see. But most Horn fans I know laughed at the Jimbo hire. And he was a proven successful Head Coach. So you can understand why Aggie fans feel about Sark as they do.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Good for them.
Vinny
Quote:

Sark is selling Bama to these kids come fall he will have to sell Texas

Good point. Another loss to OU and TCU this fall is not going to settle well for the horns. Sark will start seeing how fast a fanbase can turn on him.
cevans_40
AG
Brian DeSpain said:

33 said:

. While all of this is true Jimbo won a NC as a Head Coach and averaged like 10 wins a year. Sark has failed twice as a Head Coach. Sark is an excellent Coordinator But so was Charlie and Herman. Both won the NC. Being a Coordinator for Saban does not mean automatic success. Jermey Pruitt was a great Coordinator. . So was muschamp. And others. Jimbo is the only one to win an NC as a Head Coach. Smart has also done well. So yes I understand the new coach excitement. And Sark could be great. Like you said watch and see. But most Horn fans I know laughed at the Jimbo hire. And he was a proven successful Head Coach. So you can understand why Aggie fans feel about Sark as they do.
That's because most of them are dumbasses
longeryak
Brian DeSpain said:

33 said:

Getting promoted from UW to USC is failing?
LB12Diamond
AG
After they beat OSU this past fall, I was around a few of their fans the day after. The way they talked, one would have thought they had just won the national championship.

It's been so bad there for so long and with how well we are doing, it's clear their fans are going to be over the top on every little thing they do. Off season fake championships, yippy!!! They will be grasping at every little straw to make them feel relevant.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Sark has a plausible resume. USC made him a better offer than UW could. He failed at USC b/c of the drinking. Saban would not have allowed him to call plays if he did not know what he was doing.

That said, I do not believe he will get the sips where they want to go. I figure he is there 5-6 years. They probably win 8-9 games next year and claim a moral victory. His first 2 recruiting classes should be enough to sustain him for a while.
Divining Rod
Quote:

excuse me while I don't pay too much attention until they start winning something besides city of Austin championships.
greg.w.h
AG
If you can't hire Saban...
jamieboy2014
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Good news Texas has to play a season before signing day. Let's just see how this all plays out.

Also don't forget that if daddy saban wants some of sarks players towards the end of the recruiting cycle he will poach them.
This.

Remember, Sark is playing with Ol' kiss lip's depleted roster. They will have a similarly underwhelming season as they had last year which will, likely, cause some recruits to jump ship in the Fall. Same thing happened last year. Rinse, dry, repeat...
If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
halfastros81
AG
No one really knows how this is going to
Work out for tu or Sarkisian. I 'Ll say this , I don't think it will have much impact
On A & M because Jimbo and staff are going to recruit well. Program history well. They are building a monster and it isn't solely dependent on recruits in-state . I believe Jimbo will get the players he needs.

It is better for us if tu sux but that's not in Jimbo's control and I think he only worries about what's in his control and trying to optimize what he has.
DuncanLEO
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Sark has a plausible resume. USC made him a better offer than UW could. He failed at USC b/c of the drinking. Saban would not have allowed him to call plays if he did not know what he was doing.

That said, I do not believe he will get the sips where they want to go. I figure he is there 5-6 years. They probably win 8-9 games next year and claim a moral victory. His first 2 recruiting classes should be enough to sustain him for a while.
High risk high reward for them. He did turn the Huskies around, though they weren't ever prominent under him. The USC job was a good one, he was just a drunk then, could still be. I tend to think the pressure, swamp, alumni, etc will bring out the demons and he will flame out in glorious fashion. But there is a chance he could turn things around, just don't see that happening.
Bill Superman
AG
What else are they going to sell? Can't sell them on sip.

Saban's coattail only drags through Tuscaloosa.
Wicked Good Ag
AgOutsideAustin said:

West Point Aggie said:

And TCU's

And Kansas
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

High risk high reward for them.

I think it's the other way around. He will have better talent and assistants than most of the conference. I just dont think he catches ou, and that gets him fired after 5-6 years of near misses.

ETA: and he is good enough not to lose 1-3/year to inferior teams.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.