Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel leaves FCF bubble

19,485 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sparkie said:

Divining Rod said:

Sparkie said:

texasaggie84 said:

Who cares? Quit propping him up. Yes, we caught lightning in a bottle. Time for everyone to admit he was good in college but since that time he has been a huge disappointment.
jjf was diagnosed as bipolar. most likely you haven't dealt with a family member or friend with this disease.

I'm not sure his post would (or should) read any different if he HAS had a friend or family with BPD.

Should we be propping him up? Should we not consider him a huge disappointment?
Those were fair comments.

Labeling someone with a serious mental illness a disappointment says more about yourself than Jff.

Sorry, but I don't buy the bipolar line. "Win or lose, we booze" has been JFF's problem for a long time.
Jack Boyett
AG
I don't understand the hate for Johnny. I'm happy to see him do well at whatever he does, and I'm going to keep my mouth shut the rest of the time. It's his life.
Sparkie
AG
Science Denier said:

Sparkie said:

Divining Rod said:

Sparkie said:

texasaggie84 said:

Who cares? Quit propping him up. Yes, we caught lightning in a bottle. Time for everyone to admit he was good in college but since that time he has been a huge disappointment.
jjf was diagnosed as bipolar. most likely you haven't dealt with a family member or friend with this disease.

I'm not sure his post would (or should) read any different if he HAS had a friend or family with BPD.

Should we be propping him up? Should we not consider him a huge disappointment?
Those were fair comments.

Labeling someone with a serious mental illness a disappointment says more about yourself than Jff.

Sorry, but I don't buy the bipolar line. "Win or lose, we booze" has been JFF's problem for a long time.

Bipolars are significantly more likely to develop an addiction to drugs and alchohol. Having a dual diagnosis of bipolar and addiction makes rehab much harder. The mood swings interfere with the recovery program.
DatDude43
We know he was DX as Bipolar but I think theres alot more to that even watching him in interviews. I truly think hes autistic or high functioning autistic. A LOT of star athletes (even successful people) suffer from autism. It helps them focus on their obsession which most likely becomes their job (like Elon Musk, etc).

Johnny has alot going on, its not down to just quirkiness too. I feel if he ditched the leeches he had as "friends" and got a real diagnosis he could sit and focus of his real issues. Until then, his friends will keep getting him drunk on the golf course, he will keep no showing for ****, and life goes on. Thats just JFF.

If you are reading this JFF, get some real help, not a treatment center dual diagnosing you because everyones bipolar or depressed when doing lines with their makers mark. You could help alot of people with your story if you got your head right. Ditch the leeches!
DatDude43
DatDude43 said:

We know he was DX as Bipolar but I think theres alot more to that even watching him in interviews. I truly think hes autistic or high functioning autistic. A LOT of star athletes (even successful people) suffer from autism. It helps them focus on their obsession which most likely becomes their job (like Elon Musk, etc).

Johnny has alot going on, its not down to just quirkiness too. I feel if he ditched the leeches he had as "friends" and got a real diagnosis he could sit and focus of his real issues. Until then, his friends will keep getting him drunk on the golf course, he will keep no showing for ****, and life goes on. Thats just JFF.

If you are reading this JFF, get some real help, not a treatment center dual diagnosing you because everyones bipolar or depressed when doing lines with their makers mark. You could help alot of people with your story if you got your head right. Ditch the leeches!
The reason why i say he has autism is as follows.

- He has to focus on eye contact.

- He just disappears like now with FCF and the browns wig thing

- He is a true loaner who has some close friends, but few real friends

- He only interacts to achieve a goal

- Does not understand his own or others feelings emotionally.

- robotic voice

VatoLocoAggie
DatDude43 said:

DatDude43 said:

The reason why i say he has autism is as follows.

- He has to focus on eye contact.

- He just disappears like now with FCF and the browns wig thing

- He is a true loaner who has some close friends, but few real friends

- He only interacts to achieve a goal

- Does not understand his own or others feelings emotionally.

- robotic voice

What does JFF loaning things to people have to do with artism?
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Stumpknocker
I hope he manages to live past 30 years of age.
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

emergency dental surgery
Needs to become a Texags username.
DatDude43
Hey hows it going! I know this is half a year late, but better than never. Him having autism has everything to do with his situation if that in fact is the case. Its a life altering developmental disorder that neurotypical people have no idea about. If you don't know what its like to have autism or high functioning autism, you really cant empathize with those that do. Its hell at times man. Trust me, I know. Ive dealt with it for my entire life.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

but better than never
Oft' stated, rarely true.
AggieArchitect04
AG
DatDude43 said:

Dismissing his diagnosed mental illness with comments like "everyone's bipolar" isn't helpful. It marginalizes any efforts he is making or has made and only perpetuates the stigma surrounding mental health issues.
DatDude43
Loner. But you get it.
DatDude43
I work in drug treatment. They dual diagnose over 80% of people with bipolar or depression along with addiction. When the person gets well say after 6 months, all those symptoms go away. Sometimes they dont, but they do for the most part. I know all about stigma.
Bunk Moreland
Stop bumping this thread weirdo.
DGAG92
AG
So "Johnny Football" is now nothing more than a side show attraction at a football circus. How embarrassing for a Heisman winner to cling to such a desperate attempt at being relevant. Cocaine is a powerful drug.
Class of 1992
Sparkie
AG
DatDude43 said:

I work in drug treatment. They dual diagnose over 80% of people with bipolar or depression along with addiction. When the person gets well say after 6 months, all those symptoms go away. Sometimes they dont, but they do for the most part. I know all about stigma.
You are a ****ing moron.
AggieArchitect04
AG
DatDude43 said:

Good on you for working in drug treatment.

In the case of dual-diagnosis, I would expect someone who has bipolar or clinical depression is using drugs to self-medicate. It's easy to see how someone depressed, especially one undiagnosed, would turn to alcohol and drugs to escape. Similar story for bipolar patients who experience depressive moods and also manic episodes where impulsivity and recklessness could surely see recurring drug/alcohol use.

While eliminating the addiction is undoubtedly a good thing, I'm very skeptical that it "cures" bipolar, clinical depression, or any other form of mental illness.
DatDude43
Cant delete this so im filling it in.
DatDude43
Sparkie said:

DatDude43 said:

You are a ****ing moron.

Why thank you.
DatDude43
AggieArchitect04 said:

DatDude43 said:

Good on you for working in drug treatment.

In the case of dual-diagnosis, I would expect someone who has bipolar or clinical depression is using drugs to self-medicate. It's easy to see how someone depressed, especially one undiagnosed, would turn to alcohol and drugs to escape. Similar story for bipolar patients who experience depressive moods and also manic episodes where impulsivity and recklessness could surely see recurring drug/alcohol use.

While eliminating the addiction is undoubtedly a good thing, I'm very skeptical that it "cures" bipolar, clinical depression, or any other form of mental illness.
We say when you take the drugs away, you are left with your true self. Many sufferers do not like their true selves because of various things that happened in past or things they did to get drugs and degrade others. So they relapse and keep hiding that pain.

The reason that I think Johnny is different is because of what is mentioned and even when he is sober, he still possesses the same persona. He cannot accept the fact that he has a mind that is different, so he uses D&A to kinda take up the slack, and that has been working for him. BUT you get to a point where that no longer works. I hope we never see that point with him, but we may.

Im not a diagnosing professional, but I do know the DSM V pretty well and can use my other knowledge to figure out people pretty fast. Im also autistic. Other autistics can usually pick our peers out of a room, just like addicts can pick their peers out of a room. Its an energy thing combined with watching for symptoms. Do some research, you'll see that im not far off.
Bunk Moreland
Please go away psychopath.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.