Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Alabama's dynasty.....

6,336 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ashley
Bryant03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...will see the beginning of its end when

1) Jimbo is the first assistant coach to beat Saban
2) Jimbo starts beating him at least 50% of the time

Jimbo and Aggieland is a dangerous combination. He will get us there and in 10 years they will ask, "What ended the Alabama dynasty?" The answer will be Jimbo and Texas A&M!!! Book it!!
jamieboy2014
texag0928
TxAg76
AG
Waitress! I'll have whatever the OP is having....
rgag12
AG
Alabama's dynasty will end 2-3 years after Saban is gone and the players that had 2+ years under saban are gone.

Then it will be a situation like Ryan Day at OSU. They will still be better than everyone else 70% of the time instead of 90% of the time.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Bamas dynasty will end when bama hires another Mike. Mike Dubose sucked and so did Mike Shula. We need another Mike.
Ag Tag
Their days are numbered. The end is drawing near.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Seems like wishful thinking, but I do believe that we are in a better position than of all the other SEC west teams
Divining Rod
when Clemson got good enough that recruits saw they had just as much chance to play for NC as Bama, things took off. Same thing is happening at A&M, except we also present the added attraction of playing in SEC AND having Texas kids stay home to do it (plus all our recent strong national recruiting.)

We are poised to leap forward, though life in SEC will NEVER be like ACC- which is a glorified B12. this will be a rotating coin flip in next few years between LSU A&M Bama with outside shots from FL GA. The good news is Bama wont be a shoo in.
Meximan
A&M also has the attraction of having more money than the rest of the conference combined, apparently. Being able to just drop a briefcase full of $1bn within a few weeks of asking is nothing to sneeze at.
Hehateme1
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Bamas dynasty will end when bama hires another Mike. Mike Dubose sucked and so did Mike Shula. We need another Mike.
This makes me sad, I always wanted to coach there.
maroonthrunthru
Don't forget Mike "Golf Outing" Price
bth15ag
AG
There's a certain sleepy guy named Mike that's not currently unemployed. Maybe Bama could give him a job.
ABATTBQ11
AG
rgag12 said:

Alabama's dynasty will end 2-3 years after Saban is gone and the players that had 2+ years under saban are gone.

Then it will be a situation like Ryan Day at OSU. They will still be better than everyone else 70% of the time instead of 90% of the time.

Doubtful. Bama was an also ran for a long time like Michigan is now until Saban came along. When he's gone, they return to an also ran without another once in a lifetime coach.
maroonthrunthru said:

Don't forget Mike "Golf Outing" Price

Holy sht they definately need another Mike I cmpletely forgot about him.
FNMikey said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

This makes me sad, I always wanted to coach there.

Everyone in this board is willing to recommend you for the job. They definately need another Mike.
PascalsWager
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

rgag12 said:

Doubtful. Bama was an also ran for a long time like Michigan is now until Saban came along. When he's gone, they return to an also ran without another once in a lifetime coach.
I would go further and say they were maybe 1 or 2 degrees worse than Michigan is now. Harbaugh is getting Michigan to 10 wins in half the seasons. Bama had as many 4 win seasons as 10 win seasons for the decade before Saban.

They'll be back to merely above average program soon enough.
NyAggie
AG
PascalsWager said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

rgag12 said:

I would go further and say they were maybe 1 or 2 degrees worse than Michigan is now. Harbaugh is getting Michigan to 10 wins in half the seasons. Bama had as many 4 win seasons as 10 win seasons for the decade before Saban.

Sounds like wishful thinking

Bama fanbase is so used to winning championships that they will not tolerate meciocity for any length of time
Mrgsts why they went out and hired saban

And if the guy after saban starts to fail they will throw the brinks truck at whoever they think will be the next saban

That program will always have pull among coaches and recruits
AWP 97
AG
Saban is the same age as Bear Bryant was when he died. I'm just saying.
Ag Tag
AWP 97 said:

Bryant was a very old man when he died at age 69.
flashplayer
AG
NyAggie said:

PascalsWager said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

rgag12 said:

Bama fanbase is so used to winning championships that they will not tolerate meciocity for any length of time

And if the guy after saban starts to fail they will throw the brinks truck at whoever they think will be the next saban

Said every former blue blood program ever.

How many title games have Nebraska, USC, Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Notre Dame, the real UT, etc. played for in the last 25 years? Not that many.

How many bad or mediocre seasons have they had? All of those teams were dominating at some point in the last 40 years where they looked unstoppable.

The pendulum swings pretty far now even for some of the most storied programs - and they've all endured some pretty bad stretches of mediocrity. Hell look at the sips right now. No one predicted their demise 10 years ago.

You never know what events will conspire to turn fortunes. Hell, in 1998 none of us saw that a young exciting coach at OU and a slick talking buttertoothed snake oil salesman were going to ride waves to their own titles and leave our program in the gutter. But it happened.
NyAggie
AG
flashplayer said:

NyAggie said:

PascalsWager said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

rgag12 said:

Said every former blue blood program ever.

How many title games have Nebraska, USC, Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Notre Dame, the real UT, etc. played for in the last 25 years? Not that many.

How many bad or mediocre seasons have they had? All of those teams were dominating at some point in the last 40 years where they looked unstoppable.

The pendulum swings pretty far now even for some of the most storied programs - and they've all endured some pretty bad stretches of mediocrity. Hell look at the sips right now. No one predicted their demise 10 years ago.

You never know what events will conspire to turn fortunes. Hell, in 1998 none of us saw that a young exciting coach at OU and a slick talking buttertoothed snake oil salesman were going to ride waves to their own titles and leave our program in the gutter. But it happened.

True, but since the bear, Alabama's longest Nc drought has been 17 years from 1992 to 2009
And during that 17 year stretch they still had six 10+ win seasons

cypress-ag
AG
I'd love to see Bama fall from Grace after Saban leaves and have a 30 year drought of ****ty football Pawl would melt down and be confused who's jock to sniff.

greg.w.h
AG
Good to see the kind of obsession with Bama emerging that proves we think of them as worthy opponents and rivals...
Blaser270
Ag Tag said:

AWP 97 said:

Bryant was a very old man when he died at age 69.

Agree. He looked a lot older than 69. Saban looks 20 years younger than Bryant did at the same age. Saban is in good health and will probably coach another 10 years - maybe longer. As long as he enjoys it and can reel in the talent he does why not? Beats sitting on the couch looking for something to do.
WC94
AG
You are aware Bama just recruited the highest rated class in history and Dabo Swinney played and coached for them for a decade?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Now that Sarkisian is gone, i think it should be pretty doable to beat them.
TheWoodsAg
AG
What is everyone going to do when they bring Dabo Swiney home to coach at his alma mater? Concede the next 20 years too?
Bison
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

What is everyone going to do when they bring Dabo Swiney home to coach at his alma mater? Concede the next 20 years too?
I can't say I'm convinced about the inevitability here. This is not the ancient days of "Mama called." Clemson would probably be willing to match anything that anyone could throw at DS money-wise. Plus, he's in a good spot in terms of recruiting and the ability to snuff out in-conference rivals. Bama is a tougher gig if for no other reason than the local competition.

Now if Clemson's recruiting took a nosedive, or a serious competitor arose (UNC, Miami, FSU reborn), and winning conference championships and/or playoff bids became an issue, that might change things. But is that happening? Not in the next five years, I'd wager.
98WFSCAG
AG
I've heard from a former Bama player (3rd generation) that Dabo is just waiting till mama calls him home. Can't seems to find it posted anywhere but my friend says it's common knowledge in their circles. Seems such a not so secret secret would be verified somewhere.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm sure that everyone at Bama thinks that whether they are a former player or not. Doesn't mean it isn't true. I'm sure we'd say the same thing about Dan Campbell if he'd stayed in the college game and been Uber successful.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Now that Sarkisian is gone, i think it should be pretty doable to beat them.
Lol, not sure if serious.

As if Sark was the reason for their success / championship?
ashley
I doubt that Saben drinks a fifth of Scotch every day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.