Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

Former A&M DB Floyd Raven launching brick-and-mortar coffee shop in BCS

February 25, 2021

Key notes from Floyd Raven interview

• The last time I was on TexAgs Radio, Aggies crashed my website. We probably had 10,000 orders after that last appearance, and we only got about 2,000 of those. We are prepared this time. 

• This has been a journey. All the Aggies supporting us and keeping us alive have allowed us to keep this business strong and keep going through the pandemic. We got everybody's calls and emails, and we’ve received so much support. We finally have the store opening up in College Station, so it's go time. 

• We almost opened up behind the Layne's on Wellborn. Ultimately, we decided on South College Station next to the Sleep Station. We want our store to focus on community and gathering. We have a lot of great things ready for Brazos Valley.

• When we look back at all the planning for this, I want everything now. I am, “Go, go, go,” but God has told me to slow down and be patient. We don't have merch, right now but we have some Xpresso stickers and things for former players to sign. We would love for everyone to come to the store and take a picture with the guys and have a good time. Mike Evans will be here for the grand opening. Deshazor Everett, Brandon Williams and Ricky Seals-Jones will be as well. Tra Carson is on the fence, but hopefully, he is there as well. 

• When Tra Carson was on the team, he did a lot of things great. He studied the game a lot and brought that to practice. Tra is just an absolutely great guy.

• The Evans family has been a huge part of our success. Mike and I have been in close contact. We talked about franchising and what that would look like. He has been great. Mike is very busy, but his wife, Ashley, is easy to get ahold of. They have been a huge blessing for us. 

• Our logo is a picture of David from the Bible. David had one shot to save the Israelites and kill Goliath. My wife and I focused on that, and how this was our last shot to create something for the family and the brand. 

• We invest a lot of money in our beans. We do a lot of things to make sure they are the quality we want. We also want our shops to be community-oriented. Hopefully, we can push that message on to our customers. It means a lot to us, and we focus on the grind. There are moments when you want to tap out, but we push through. I think that is special about us. 

• When I think back about my college decision, it has been just a blessing. I don't know much about Ole Miss and their alumni base, but here in Aggieland, Aggies help Aggies. It has ended up working out very well. I met my wife here, and I love Aggieland. You see how everyone treats each other here. It's a pleasure to be back.

Visit LastShotXpresso.com and follow them on Twitter for updates regarding their grand opening.

Discussion from...

Former A&M DB Floyd Raven launching brick-and-mortar coffee shop in BCS

13,138 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AnotherOldAgDad
inch05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gig'em Floyd! All the best to you and the family!
wildcat08
AG
Love it! Hope it's a huge success, Floyd.
KidDoc
AG
Looking forward to coming by regularly since you are right next to my clinic!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Needs to be called Raven "the Raven" Coffee
BadMoonRisin
AG
Gig em!
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
rrtodds
AG
He mentioned his wife and he came up with the coffee biz together?

Didn't he marry Curtice Knox ... former WBb point guard?
GIGM82
AG
Right sport, but it is Tori Scott.
oneeyedag
Tried to find an email for his site as there are some misspelled words.

sleepybeagle
AG
Coffee!
Kevin83
AWP 97
AG
He needs to expand to Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. He could probably survive on Aggies alone in those cities.
Divining Rod
Seems only yesterday we were getting his faxed LOI.
So inspirational to see his family commitment to this. Will definitely be adding this to the "must go" list when in BCS.

EDIT: Would be helpful if you posted the address of the shop here or is it not open yet? This was unclear to me from reading the notes.
KidDoc
AG
It is right by Chick Fil A @ William D Fitch @ Hwy 6.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texas Rooster
I wont buy it.
war hymn aggie
AG
I've driven by this place a few times recently & there has been absolutely no one in their DT at any time.

Doesn't bode well for their sustainability.

Meanwhile, Dutch Bros has a Brazos County Constable employee directing traffic both times I've driven by their location, as lines are still crazy long......
Alpha Texan
AG
Me and the roomies went to pick up Chick Fil A in south College Station on Friday evening and noticed this place. We saw it had JUST opened and stopped in. I'm a "just give me something strong and black" kinda guy and am rarely disappointed so my taste doesn't count for much, but 2 of my roommates are huge coffee snobs and it was up to their standards.
Earl_Rudder
AG
TxSeminole said:

I wont buy it.
Many will not.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/9441962/floyd-raven-sr-deshazor-everett-texas-aggies-face-assault-charges

I wish him success. I'm glad to see he's being the epitome of an Aggie. Gig 'em Floyd!
AnotherOldAgDad
AG
Anyone local in BCS know how his coffee shop is doing? Don't know why I started thinking about Floyd Raven, just started thinking how his mom faxed in a LOI to another school and he wanted to go to A&M. I'm guessing mom didn't know best that day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.