Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo building a Monster...

9,832 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cc10106
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

You aren't sure why linebacker is a question when we only have 2 and one is a converted receiver?
You mean the guy who was a high school all american at LB?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Mr. Ectomy
AG
If the O line is good, this team will be good.
TEXAS
AGGIES
-----------------------------
National Champions
1917, 1919, 1927, 1939
OrygunAg
AG
wyoag93 said:

We only played one great team the whole time I was in college (class of 93 here)....and we got our ass kicked. Just being honest. I also remember when Tulsa beat us. Not a good look.

Edit: We had awesome talent, I agree. But the fact is, we only played like one ranked team in 5 or 6 years. Hard to claim being ELITE. We make fun of teams today like that.

Its weird but I recall this as well, especially the nd & fsu bowl games. I graduated 3 years later so add smu tie, Colorado, usl loss etc. Did beat okie. Pull up the seasons and look for yourselves. Sure the defense was fun to watch, but consider the competition and offense was built around defense. Shows the leap jimbo is making but we still need to beat bama.
IronAg45
AG
Stupid@17 said:

This is a Kool-aid only board.

If you have not already done so, drink some.

I'll take a double shot!
cc10106
e=mc2 said:

wyoag93 said:

What's false about it? The only ranked team we played at home in my four years in college was Louisville. I honestly don't remember playing any ranked teams on the road. So please tell me....What's false?

Edit: the only "great" team we played in that period was Notre Dame...in the '92 Cotton Bowl, and they beat our ass. You could argue that BYU was great, but who did they play? We did play Notre Dame and Florida State close in the other two bowl games, but still lost.
UH was ranked No. 12 in 1990
Texas was ranked No. 5 in 1990
BYU was ranked No. 13 in 1990
Baylor was ranked No. 16 in 1991
FSU was ranked No. 5 in 1991
Stanford was ranked No. 20 in 1992
ND was ranked No. 5 in 1992
OU was ranked No. 16 in 1993
Louisville was ranked No. 20 in 1993
ND was ranked No. 4 in 1993

So yeah - your post was FOS.
Too bad A&M didn't win more of those matchups. The Stanford win is overlooked for some reason even though they finished top ten and whipped the same Notre Dame team in South Bend that blew out A&M in the Cotton Bowl.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.