Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu picks up #2 QB

30,292 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Swagmanag
Coryhub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know I know we don't care.. but if they keep #2 QB (#16 overall) and Jaydon Blue #1 RB that's a pretty good start to a top 5 recruiting class. I trust Jimbo is always going to have a top 8 class but I just hate to hear about the buzz and how Sark is so good and gain momentum. It was easier with Hermensa being a train wreck
NathanChristie
AG
Just read about this. How in the world is he #2? A 5 star??

I know California didn't play last fall, but he has zero varsity starts, 28/61 for 314 in is career. 0-2 TD-int
Coryhub
Seriously those are his stats..? Guess it's based 7-7. That's total BS but typical for the overrated hype machine
Smudge
AG
tu has A LOT to prove. We knew they'd get some based on the manufactured hype going on over there, but I don't see any signs of them changing the development of players. That has to be proven. Sark hasn't done that anywhere he's been, why would that start now? They may have some decent classes, but when those 5 stars don't make the first round of the draft, and as wins don't pile up as expected, things will get exposed. The worst part may simply be having to listen to the sips pound their chest, hoot, and holler.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
TxAg76
AG
It's the t.u. skew.
Everyone knows this.
Tegridy
Somehow Murphy is a 5* in the composite even though he's a 4* in all 3 services. Tu won out over vaunted UCLA football. Never thrown a varsity TD.
PneumAg
His rating is an absolute joke. It's based 100% on potential. He has done nothing.
HECUBUS
AG
Trench beasts win football games.
whatthehey78
AG
Hype. Him and the announcement. Give him a yr or two...he'll regret his decision. BDF...it's where NFL dreams go to die.
rgag12
AG
Lol Tyrone swoopes part deux
Showstopper
AG
Guess he looks really good throwing in shorts or something. He was highly ranked before committing, but still, I don't know how you rank a guy five stars before he even starts in high school, pandemic or not. Four star and see if the California HS spring mini-season confirms how great the web guys think he looks in his underwear, that asking too much?
Shoefly!
AG
Its funny, Sylla was a 5* last week on one of the services. Now he is not, they just can't help themselves. They just keep crapping in their nest.
Canyon99
They are going to have a good class because the hire brought them national attention. Jimbo will be fine regardless of their position.
Southlake
He can't hold Klubnicks jock...
Class of 65
AG
We will probably lose klubnick just like Drew Breeze. Klubnick is better than the guy from cypress
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Username checks out.
TexasLeaguer
AG
Coryhub said:

I know I know we don't care.. but if they keep #2 QB (#16 overall) and Jaydon Blue #1 RB that's a pretty good start to a top 5 recruiting class. I trust Jimbo is always going to have a top 8 class but I just hate to hear about the buzz and how Sark is so good and gain momentum. It was easier with Hermensa being a train wreck

You were so close. Should have just ended your post after the first few words. Yeah, I don't care.
WC94
AG
Still ranked below Bru McCoy.
Dominion Caracas Branch
"It was easier with Hermensa being a train wreck"

Well if you think herman was a train wreck you should check out sark's last run as a HC.
Divining Rod
Coryhub said:

...I just hate to hear about the buzz and how Sark is so good and gain momentum. It was easier with Hermensa being a train wreck

It's almost like you didnt know that Herman's last three classes were ranked #3, #3, and #7. And that you don't realize that t.u. pretty much sucks every year despite this supposedly top-flight talent.

So excuse the rest of us unable to stifle a yawn and a chuckle.
BCEDAg
AG
WGAS
Turf96
[We are done removing political trolling posts by you on this board without giving you a ban for them. -Staff]
MaroonStain
AG
Nm...saw who posted...

Delete.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Dr. Tinkle
Always the only thing about Texas is that they don't have to be THAT good to APPEAR good. That conference is so weak that they only need to win one big game a year to accomplish their goals and gain momentum. It is such an easy path to the playoff. It's OU and Texas and then it's 2 and 3 star athletes from then on out. I don't know about that quarterback. He hasn't played much but way up in the rankings. I'm not saying he isn't legit, but it's a high risk and high reward potential for sure. I do think Texas will finish higher in the recruiting rankings than we will this year and have a top 3 class. What we don't know is if he is getting the players to do what he wants. He is very good at utilizing his skill position players and that is exactly what he has gotten so far.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I see their brazen lying as a sign of weakness. I don't remember them ever going this far.
Jughead86
AG
If you watch this guys limited tape which is not much in game action. You can see he has strong arm, terrible release and his footwork is horrendous.

It's ok though, just sets it up for bigger tears in a year or two. They can't help themselves but build hype and they don't realize it hurts them in the long run.

Shhhh, don't tell em.
All_In_Ags
NavyAg92
AG
Meh. A&M offered him as well. He has the measurables but would be a project. Ags got their guy in Weigman. Moving on...
Jock 07
AG
Is sip firing up the swoopes smoker for a second brisket?
Charlie 31
AG
I like Weigman much better.

I also trust Jimbo and staff to get the correct players for our program regardless of recruiting services rankings.

Gig 'em!
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

It's almost like you didnt know that Herman's last three classes were ranked #3, #3, and #7. And that you don't realize that t.u. pretty much sucks every year despite this supposedly top-flight talent.

Which after taking away the inflation in their recruits rankings and putting them where they really should be, those classes are probably more like 13, 13 and 17 than 3, 3, 7
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Recruit ranking inflation is only one of their problems. The other issue they have had is almost all of their highest rated recruits have been WRs and DBs while their lowest rated have been in the trenches.
Pumpkinhead
AG
If it isn't a player that was a high priority for A&M to get, then don't care.

In this specific case. a&M already got their QB commit, who is a high 4-star national Top-100 ranked guy and is out of Houston, which might help a little bit more momentum in that area.

So, yes, the horns pulled this kid from CA but that was irrelevant to A&M's 2022 recruiting class.
AG
I believe we heard of another Malik that was supposed to save their program. I'm In for the show!
P.U.T.U
AG
That is crazy that he has only played in 6 games, zero touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and didn't play at all last year yet he ranked so high.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.