Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tu picks up #2 QB

30,372 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Swagmanag
Ugly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two different approaches. Sark recruits Malik Murphy, who is a a 5 star in the recruiting rankings, but has no on-field results to speak of. At about the same time, Jimbo recruits Hunter Erb, an OT with no ranking. It could obviously work out either way for both recruits, but it will be interesting to come back here after the NFL drafts in 4-5 years and see which ended up being the better choice.
hmparksjr
They can't beat Oklahoma. No worries.
Booger Red
Houstonag
AG
If the sips hire a new janitor ESPN reports it as a game changer.
rootube
AG
Good start for Sark but recruiting was never the issue for horn. Next couple of years will tell the story. If you believe recruiting rankings they should have the players now to compete for a B12 title.
QB1
AG
#2 QB, you serious clark? Stop spreading the TU hype machine....this guy has barely played football.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
hmparksjr said:

I think you mean purple frog or mighty Iowa State. Maybe with this kid they won't have one possession games vs. Technical......
DuncanLEO
Dude sucks balls, should fit right in.
Digital_Java
AG
If the RB Jaydon Blue s 5-11.5, and 205LB. then LJ must be 6-3 and 245LBs. Also, I'd much rather have SEC 4-stars that play in the NFL than fake 6-stars in Big-Dumpster.
Swammy51
But they have cocks...not glocks.
Swammy51
azhector72
they are getting top 5 class
get over it and stop whining like a bunch choir boys

Sark will be mediocre hire with all that talent

Geez have we seen this before???
Meximan
Houstonag said:

If the sips hire a new janitor ESPN reports it as a game changer.

I mean, somebody has to clean up all that bulls***
BubbaRyan
Missing on Jaydon Blue is not a bad thing. I will leave it at that.
Gump 02
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Hype. Him and the announcement. Give him a yr or two...he'll regret his decision. BDF...it's where NFL dreams go to die.

There are at least 4 Starting QBs in the NFL from the BDF. Surely you jest.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Gump 02 said:

whatthehey78 said:

Hype. Him and the announcement. Give him a yr or two...he'll regret his decision. BDF...it's where NFL dreams go to die.

Not at all. Over the decade of NFL drafts that completed this past weekend, 516 players wearing SEC patches heard their names called, followed by the ACC's 358, the Big Ten's 343, the Pac-12's 319 and, lastly, the Big 12's 236.

https://footballscoop.com/news/nfl-draft-picks-conference-years/
TopoTacos
AG
Nothing against the kid because he, of course, wasn't the person who labeled himself a 5*, but this is unnecessary pressure on him to perform early and it's wild to make such a projection on him based on, essentially, no game tape.
McInnis80
hmparksjr said:

Forget about OU, they can't beat TCU
war hymn aggie
AG
Read that he has a very strong arm & has great size for a pro-style QB. Reminds me of Cam Newton. Wasn't able to play last season do to Calif COVID rules, so that might have either helped him or hurt him, depending on how really good of a QB he truly is. He has unimpressive stats but has such raw talent that many top programs are/were after him. 31 scholarship offers, including 8 from SEC schools Bama, Arkansas, Mizzou, Auburn, Florida LSU, UGA & A&M.

Ohio St., USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Miami, Michigan & Penn St have also offered.

He's no slouch with that offer list.
Showstopper
AG
Gump 02 said:

whatthehey78 said:

take out standard bearer OU and you are down to one. Granted, that one has been really good.

I guess you could argue that either Tannehill or Dalton should count as a fifth (we left for SEC after Tannehill, TCU was one of the "upgrades" after Dalton, although Dak is still the real starter.)
mccag
S
I think we should all go jump off of a cliff!
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
wisdom
AG
DON'T WORRY GUYS .....HE'LL FLIP TO BLIINN COLLEGE
wbt5845
AG
Rivals has Murphy as a 4 star.

He had offers from every SEC school, including Bama, so I think he's probably good.
DGAG92
AG
Who cares? Some people worry way too much about what Texas is doing. They're gonna do what they do and they're gonna get their recruits. The more it gets brought up on these threads, the more insecure it makes Ags look.
NathanChristie
AG
Not bashing on the kid at all. Seems like he's making the most of the opportunities in front of him. And he has a good offer list, so the big name coaches are seeing something in him. Good for him.

I just don't get how a recruit gets ranked that high without hardly any real experience.

If he's that talented then I hope he ends up at a place where he is developed into his full potential. It just seems like Sark is another big question mark that has yet to be proven.
yell_on_6th st
AG
NathanChristie said:

Not bashing on the kid at all. Seems like he's making the most of the opportunities in front of him. And he has a good offer list, so the big name coaches are seeing something in him. Good for him.

I just don't get how a recruit gets ranked that high without hardly any real experience.

If he's that talented then I hope he ends up at a place where he is developed into his full potential. It just seems like Sark is another big question mark that has yet to be proven.

If he goes to tu I hope they find him and Sark drunk, lying in a pool of piss.
VatoLocoAggie
Cute. Finding happiness in getting players who wanted to play for A&M but we didn't want them.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
levypantsEOY
VatoLocoAggie said:

Cute. Finding happiness in getting players who wanted to play for A&M but we didn't want them.

What?
ABATTBQ11
AG
NathanChristie said:

Just read about this. How in the world is he #2? A 5 star??

I know California didn't play last fall, but he has zero varsity starts, 28/61 for 314 in is career. 0-2 TD-int

Maybe #2 as in ****
ABATTBQ11
AG
rgag12 said:

Lol Tyrone swoopes part deux doo doo

FIFY
Aggie1188
BAS65 said:

We will probably lose klubnick just like Drew Breeze. Klubnick is better than the guy from cypress
Lmao. You're such a clown. The "guy from Cypress" (Weigman) is widely considered better (or way better) than Klubnik by virtually everyone in recruiting circles, and including Lincoln Riley and Dan Mullen - neither was pushing for Klubnik. 247 even just said Weigman is now the #2 QB in the nation only behind Ewers.

"After our quarterback meeting today, Conner Weigman might be our No. 2 guy," Biggins said. "I think right now he's No. 8, but he grew up a Texas fan. Texas, when Sark came in, didn't really show him a ton of love. He committed to A&M."
Aggie1188
Aggie1188
NavyAg92 said:

Meh. A&M offered him as well. He has the measurables but would be a project. Ags got their guy in Weigman. Moving on...
A&M offered him AFTER Weigman committed.
Aggie1188
Ugly said:

Two different approaches. Sark recruits Malik Murphy, who is a a 5 star in the recruiting rankings, but has no on-field results to speak of. At about the same time, Jimbo recruits Hunter Erb, an OT with no ranking. It could obviously work out either way for both recruits, but it will be interesting to come back here after the NFL drafts in 4-5 years and see which ended up being the better choice.
Erb was being offered by lots of major programs and he'd only go up even more after camps.
Aggie1188
war hymn aggie said:

Read that he has a very strong arm & has great size for a pro-style QB. Reminds me of Cam Newton. He's no slouch with that offer list.
LMAO. Cam could run really well, and had proven himself on the field in HS. And about that offer list for Murphy... the best schools didn't even target him as their QB1 in this class. Ewers, Weigman, Simpson, and Stockton are all considered better QBs barring a surprise.
Anchorhold
Stamp - did your power go out or were you just really focused on this thread for fifteen minuts?
Aggie1188
Anchorhold said:

Stamp - did your power go out or were you just really focused on this thread for fifteen minuts?
Lol. Got sidetracked elsewhere and kept returning. Haha. That doofus acting like Weigman isn't amazing ticked me off.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.