Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I hate college football

9,643 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bv86ag
Toptierag2018
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bama just signed the highest rated recruiting class of all time of any team ever, by a decent margin.

13 players in the top 57.
16 in the top 91.
7 five stars
An average recruit rating of .9500. To put that in perspective Shadrach Banks has a composite rating of .9494 so Bama's AVERAGE recruit is rated higher than him.

This is basically like MJ with the Bulls in the 90's. We just gotta stay strong and wait this out until it's our time.
Slamn Sharpe
Dear diary
barnag
I love college football.
rootube
AG
This will make it more enjoyable when we beat them next year.
Alpha Texan
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

This is basically like MJ with the Bulls in the 90's. We just gotta stay strong and wait this out until it's our time.
We don't have to be the better team, we just have to be the better team that day. It sure does help to get 23 4/5 star recruits every year and have that depth, but only 11 of them can be on the field at a time. Teams with less talent in their program sometimes do beat teams with more talent. The best way to become a better program than someone is to start just winning against them.

I trust Jimbo's process. Nobody hear was hyping A. Smith up 2 years ago, but Jimbo knew what was up.
JW
AG
QB play. The great equalizer.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Thank god all 85 players can't play. If jimbo can recruit at the level he has been and we can find that dynamic quarterback1st round talent we will be just fine. That said what an amazing class Bama has put together.
Wearetheaggies
AG
Well there's always the NFL...
Toptierag2018
Alpha Texan said:

Toptierag2018 said:

We don't have to be the better team, we just have to be the better team that day. It sure does help to get 23 4/5 star recruits every year and have that depth, but only 11 of them can be on the field at a time. Teams with less talent in their program sometimes do beat teams with more talent. The best way to become a better program than someone is to start just winning against them.

I trust Jimbo's process. Nobody hear was hyping A. Smith up 2 years ago, but Jimbo knew what was up.

Well they've won 99 straight games against unranked opponents but luckily we will be sitting around at least the top 10 the next following years
Ag Tag
I read that they got 7 blue chip recruits from Texas.
Alpha Texan
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

Alpha Texan said:

Toptierag2018 said:

Well they've won 99 straight games against unranked opponents but luckily we will be sitting around at least the top 10 the next following years
Nah, I think we drop like 3 games at the start of the year, on purpose, just so we can end their streak.
TexanJeff
AG
This is what hurts

We get those 7 and we are number one
Toptierag2018
JW said:

QB play. The great equalizer.

And they have the former #1 QB and overall #2 player in America as a true sophomore next year and the #4 dual threat QB coming in this year.
floridAG
AG
Unfortunately, as long as the current CFP model is in place, it creates a cycle to funnel top players to a very small pool of top schools. Bama benefits the most from that. Until something comes to knock Bama out of their top spot (which will likely take more than Saban retiring), not much others can do other than keep chipping away at them.
NowhereMan
So bama in cfp next five years boring
West Point Aggie
AG
I see lower tier is back to his histrionics and "all thrust, no vector" rantings!

Never disappoints!
greg.w.h
AG
floridAG said:

Unfortunately, as long as the current CFP model is in place, it creates a cycle to funnel top players to a very small pool of top schools. Bama benefits the most from that. Until something comes to knock Bama out of their top spot (which will likely take more than Saban retiring), not much others can do other than keep chipping away at them.
Expand the playoffs. Problem solved...
Slamn Sharpe
West Point Aggie said:

I see lower tier is back to his histrionics and "all thrust, no vector" rantings!

Never disappoints!

On the day we sign one of the highest rated RBs we've seen in a while. Feels sorta sip/troll like
Toptierag2018
West Point Aggie said:

Never disappoints!

All I'm saying is I hole we aren't Karl Malone's Utah Jazz to MJ's Bulls. Today did not help in changing that.
Toptierag2018
Slamn Sharpe said:

West Point Aggie said:

Never disappoints!

On the day we sign one of the highest rated RBs we've seen in a while. Feels sorta sip/troll like

And Bama signed a RB who's rated higher and out of our own state. Look I know we are killing it on almost all levels of the program but CFB is becoming boring. 21 of the top 36 players in the country signed with either Bama, OSU, UGA, or Clemson.
Wearetheaggies
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

West Point Aggie said:

Never disappoints!

And Bama signed a RB who's rated higher and out of our own state. Look I know we are killing it on almost all levels of the program but CFB is becoming boring. 21 of the top 36 players in the country signed with either Bama, OSU, UGA, or Clemson.

Again, go watch the NFL, NBA or whatever crap professional league you wanna watch then. Anybody (okay almost anybody) can win a college football game on any given Saturday. To say College Football is boring considering some of the games we saw even this past season is just plain wrong.

Screw Alabama BTW. I do agree with you on that!

schmellba99
AG
Ag Tag said:

I read that they got 7 blue chip recruits from Texas.
Yep, well 7 commits anyway

3 OL - 1 3 star, 1 4 star and 1 5 star
1 RB - 5 star
1 WR - 4 star
1 QB - 4 star
1 LB - 4 star
TXAG 05
AG
I have no issue with being rewarded for winning.
vander54
S
Good news is our starting 11 talent is a lot closer to theirs then it has ever been.
World's worst proofreader
Toptierag2018
Propag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

West Point Aggie said:

Never disappoints!

Again, go watch the NFL, NBA or whatever crap professional league you wanna watch then. Anybody (okay almost anybody) can win a college football game on any given Saturday. To say College Football is boring considering some of the games we saw even this past season is just plain wrong.

Screw Alabama BTW. I do agree with you on that!

Maybe for most schools. But Alabama has only lost to a team outside the AP poll top 15 twice since before the 2008 season. They were to #16 Auburn on the road with a back up Mac Jones at QB in 2019 and at #19 South Carolina in 2010.

Outside of those two losses they are 118-0 in games against teams outside the AP top 15.
beerad12man
AG
TexanJeff said:

This is what hurts

We get those 7 and we are number one
In fairness, We actually got relatively equal replacements for 5 of them. We didn't really go after all 7.

3 of these were OL, 2 of which we had rated no better than any of the 5 we got. This is our best OL class since 2010. This doesn't hurt in the least.

Wheaton and LJ were clear cut 1/2 RBs in texas all along. We got the one we had a chance with from the start.

They got Milroe, we actually wanted Stowers over him. Otherwise we would have got milroe

Blackshire was the only in state LB we wanted, so it would have been nice to land him. Earle, too.

The fact that we are able to land our 3rd class as good as it is, is a minor miracle considering what we have had to sell on the field the last two decades. We actually really, really minimized the damage bama can do to teams in their own state this cycle. I'd say Blackshire and Earle(if we don't land Brian Thomas which is still a possibility) are the only 2 that really sting.
beerad12man
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

West Point Aggie said:

Never disappoints!

WEll that's certainly a sh*** take on the situation. We wanted to get 1 out of the 2 from the get go. You can make the argument for either to be the higher rated guy. Anyone who follows recruiting identified LJ Johnson and Amari Daniels as our dream haul back in January 2020.
beerad12man
AG
We signed our third straight top 10 (and actually top 7 with a chance at 6) class for the first time in the modern era. We are about to be the most talented we have been on paper since probably 1998.

And OP starts this thread. Look, maybe we get over the bama hump in the next 3-4 years and beat them once or twice winning the sec, getting to the playoffs. Or maybe we don't. But things are about to be extremely fun around here in Aggieland. Year in and year out. We are about to win a ton of games and have a lot of fun consistently at Kyle field. Buckle up. Enjoy it. Bama is A) only once a year, and B) has lost to a team less talented than them more years than not under Saban. That can be us any given year with the level of talent we are bringing in.
jsmc71
AG
I think Beerad (noteworthy we're recruiting as well as we have the past 3 cycles given the teams we've fielded most of the last 20 years) and Vander (talent deficit least it's been in years) have it OP.

Or the way you should try to look at it, but I feel your pain...it's a drag to see it year-in, year-out.

The only other thing I'd add is that - IMO - the the extent to which a lower 5* differs from a higher 4* is negligible; and Jimbo is getting as good of players (who are a good a fit) as he can based on our program's success and national media consistently and verbally blowing the likes of Bama, tOSU, Clemson, ND, UGA, OU, FL and even DildoU.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

So the Ags can just take a page out of the Houston Rockets' history book and beat them a couple years in a row.

edit - yes, I know MJ took time out those years for baseball
DamnGood86
AG
Adios, we are going to miss you.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
BigOil
AG
Slamn Sharpe said:

Dear diary

If you don't have anything nice to say...
CajunAg97
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Never disappoints!

All I'm saying is I hole we aren't Karl Malone's Utah Jazz to MJ's Bulls. Today did not help in changing that.
Good analogy, as a Jazz fan I was sick Karl/John didn't win one.
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Triple-T
AG
Saban gonna catch covid and enter the transfer portal.
whatthehey78
AG
Was there any truth to Saban adding Kevin Sumlin to his staff? If so...tooooo many stars in that locker room and Kevin will have that problem fixed in no time.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.