Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2022 Dickinson tight end Donovan Green commits to Texas A&M

January 21, 2021

Texas A&M has landed a verbal commitment from a tight end from Dickinson. Sound familiar?

Donovan Green‍ has made the decision to follow Jalen Wydermyer to College Station to play his college football, and his verbal pledge means the Aggies have closed out on one of the top prep tight ends in America. 

A 6-foot-4, 225-pounder, Green blends a promising frame with outstanding athleticism and route-running ability. Like Wydermyer, Green uses his reach and ball skills to overwhelm defenders in the passing game. He’s comfortable working the middle of the field from both the traditional in-line starting spot and when flexed out in the slot.

There’s a lot to like after the catch, also. Green shows the ability to run through arm tackles and make people miss in space.

In the run game, there’s a definitive willingness to block through the whistle and be physical at the point of attack.

You can view his highlight tape below. 

Overall, Donovan becomes the Aggies’ second commitment in the class, and he held offers from the top programs from across the country — including Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Auburn, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas and many others. It’s also another huge recruiting win in the class of 2022 in the greater Houston area.

Much more coming soon for TexAgs Premium subscribers. 

Discussion from...

2022 Dickinson tight end Donovan Green commits to Texas A&M

14,066 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ccatag
1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great choice young man!!!
Jbob04
AG
Hell yeah
cageybee77
AG
Whoop!
TAM85
Donovan, welcome and gig ' em. Plus great video!
EKG1996
AG
Gig'em
PyriteAg
AG
Awesome stuff!
TAMU74
Hot Corner
AG
Whoop! A great start. Welcome to a very promising TE! BTHO SEC! Let's go and win a natty!
Macarthur
Really like that this kid is a complete TE. Comes in as a good and willing blocker.
mcag83
AG
Yes
SenorAG
AG
Sheesh he pancaked the guy
Halconblack
AG
Gigem
v/r
randy828
AG
Awesome!
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
redjalapeno-87
Remember that time we had no TEs? Yeah, that was bad. Now, all your TE are belong to us.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I respect his decision
Aggie Joe 93
AG
There are times I think "my 5' 9" high school self was pretty athletic and could have played linebacker".

Then I see clips like the 1st one in that highlight video and think. "nope".
reyrod19
sleepybeagle
Aggie1188

rrtodds
AG
We are committing ??? He and his brother?

I guess PJ Williams, the O tackle committed from Dickinson, also,?!?
Houstonag
AG
Welcome. Your life will be incredible as part of the Aggie community.
ccatag
AG
Hells yeah !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.