Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Never again!

15,257 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Steve-Sarkisian-thoughts-Texas-football-Texas-AM-rivalry-159169681/Amp/

Football related because Jimbo says what every sane Aggie is thinking.

If it's good for A&M, then let's play. If it's not, we don't and we play the SEC.

Never again. Let them rot
Ol Rock
AG
Who cares what Steve thinks about the Rivalry.

He's been here all of 5 minutes and we're supposed to be taking out cues from him? Steve will probably be a very good coach, but he's no expert on our rivalry.

Poor guy got asked about it, so not his fault but I'm surprised media cares so much about what he thinks.

Ask Mack Brown. I care more what Mack thinks because he's been here more than 5 minutes.

Did Jimbo get asked about this on the tarmac?
Ag Tag
The Alabama and Auburn game had a hiatus, due to bad blood, of some 41 years before their state legislature made them resume the rivalry on the field.
greg.w.h
AG
Pandering to Texas HS players to recruit. If it works our current strategy will demand a change in tactics...
Spyderman
AG
Stevie: do you want the game bad enough to lobby for an even split of the PUF?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Krazykat
AG
We've moved on to a better conference. There is no point in looking back. SEC, baby! Forget about the 'sips.
VatoLocoAggie
It's an insult to even let them step foot on the same field as us. Pandering to the low pond scum called tu.

Not a single Sip Sped can fill an Aggie jock.

Let them suffer in BDF irrelevance.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
fla_agfan
Eff them... they had their chance and were *******s about playing.

Let them wallow.
pants
The way I remember it:

tu: *acts elitist and breaks promises*
us: *leaves for SEC*
us: "We'll play you guys noncon any time you want."
tu: "No, you abandoned us and left Texas."
us: "Ok, have a nice life."
tu (~5 years later): "We'll play you guys noncon any time you want."
us: Wait. What?

How short the 'sips memories are when they decided they want something...
pants
I still want them to play the game, but I understand why we're not.
BSCE84ag
AG
They haven't changed. Don't go back.
allenb
I have zero desire to watch another rivalry game with one sided refs again.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Love how they always ask Tex ass if they want the rivalry back and not us.....

You are Tex ass !
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
Again - and this is NOT a 'politics' reply. Jimbo speaks to me, in his way, that cuts through all of the BS and reinforces what is truly important. It is so refreshing, even with his terrible grammar. It's kind of like a politician I know who just 'lost' an election...
I am here for the comments.
Speckled Trout
AG
If this playoff selection fiasco this year does anything, it should remind us all that we won't get a fair shake from anyone involved with the NCAA when it comes to the Texas, Notre Dames, etc of college football.

We saw it for years with one sided officiating in our games with them.

No need is starting that back up if we can't get a fair shake.
hunter2012
AG
When the sip ego can handle:
  • Splitting PUF 50/50
  • Accepting 20 straight years at Kyle to compensate for the 20 years of straight games in Austin

Then we can discuss bringing the game back(which will never happen). Regardless there are too many Ags that just want to talk smack around the water cooler instead of doing what is best for the football program. The committee made it very clear that tough scheduling will not benefit us even if we make a run. We faced several teams this year that would have been >.500, but the net zero all conference schedule meant that after Alabama, A&M, Florida, & Georgia there were only 36 or so wins for the rest of the 10 teams to split. The committee held their losing records against us(despite being better than that). This year taught us that we should keep at 8 conference games and at most 1 P5 OOC game. We cannot play the Clemsons, Colorados, and UCLAs out there if we play the sips every year. It would be stupid to do so. But too many Ags have too many heads up burnt orange BILs asses to care.

Also, I honestly think we need all of the Alumni before the 2011 game to get old and die before discussing bringing the game back as a series. Basically reset the mindset and series in people's minds. I'm sure a bowl will happen eventually but that should be the only acceptable venue.
TxAg76
AG
What'd you expect?
He gave the same canned answer that any coach would give.
NathanChristie
AG
It could be their egos, but I don't know of a single sip grad who actually wants to see the series start again. They always talk trash about us being scared etc, but they don't actually want to play us.
S.A. Aggie
AG
In four years the next sip coach will be saying the same thing at his inaugural press conference.
kbarj
AG
pants said:

The way I remember it:

tu: *acts elitist and breaks promises*
us: *leaves for SEC*
us: "We'll play you guys noncon any time you want."
tu: "No, you abandoned us and left Texas."
us: "Ok, have a nice life."
tu (~5 years later): "We'll play you guys noncon any time you want."
us: Wait. What?

How short the 'sips memories are when they decided they want something...
You left out...

tu: "You're not our rival"
tu: "Our schedule's improved without you"
Bill '77
Shoefly!
AG
Also, I honestly think we need all of the Alumni before the 2011 game to get old and die before discussing bringing the game back as a series. Basically reset the mindset and series in people's minds. I'm sure a bowl will happen eventually but that should be the only acceptable venue.

Damn sonny you take this chit serious. Ill die when I'm good & ready! And I hope we never play those pompous, backsliding, asswipes again.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Jimbo was asked about it in his first few days, of course by some spare hack out of Austin. The great thing is, Jimbo is not from Texas, he is not an Aggie, he had no vested interest, he had no history in the state or in the game, and although everyone even remotely interested or connected to the historical rivalry had given their thought and rational numerous times, Jimbo had barely been on the job for 5 minutes and yet he gave 10000% the best answer to the question.... "if it helps A&M, yes, if it doesn't, no". That is your answer, that is the final answer, and that answer is no.

Another poster in this thread mentioned something that I had brought up numerous times, Bama and Auburn did not play for a loooooooooooong time, at a time when it was much harder to find opponents, fill out schedules, and travel to games,. So there is a precedent, and even if there wasn't we can set our own precedent.

F cow, never again should we play them in the regular season. Let them be an also-ran in a JV conference, let them have a terrible home schedule while we host Bama when they play tech, we host LSU when they play Kansas, let them fall farther behind in the $$ race, let them have to rationalize and justify having a losing record to tcu, etc., etc., We need to be focused on the SEC and our own non-con scheduling, which does not and should not include a permanent P5 opponent which restricts our ability to play other meaningful non-con games. I have no desire to play cow, who we have played 100+ times and is only 90 miles away, at the expense of playing Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame, Louisville, etc.
Maroon Flash
AG
Remember refs stole the last game we played.
zephyr88
AG
Go ahead and roast me, but I'd still love to play the game.

Or change the damn song.

Or final another rival - because we don't have one.
TMartin
The Big 12 (10) is the worst of the Power 5 conferences and tu knows they need to get out. Sarkisian has coached in the SEC and PAC 12 so he knows tu is in the crap conference. tu will continue to schedule one good out of conference game a year to go along with Okie. A&M would be foolish to fall into that strategy.
NathanChristie
AG
Flush the toilet already and move on..
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Poor guy got asked about it, so not his fault but I'm surprised media cares so much about what he thinks.

New guy so it's a new place they can try to push to get the game back

Media wants the game, most Ags don't
sleepybeagle
AG
No.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yes
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Jimbo Fisher gave an excellent response, and it's time to move on from the rivalry with Texas.
Bill Superman
AG
zephyr88 said:

Go ahead and roast me, but I'd still love to play the game.

Or change the damn song.

Or final another rival - because we don't have one.

Who is LSU's rival? Who is Arkansas rival?

Keep the damn song, the whole nation knows that the eyes of Texas sounds like hell now. The rivalry exists off the field now if you haven't noticed, and that's all we need.
Nibblerweather
AG
The Media and Sark were given talking points from the sip spin machine. They genuinely need this game because their SOS and conference brand sucks. Very little upside for us. In defense of Sark, there really isn't an appropriate response other than what he said.
McInnis80
2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

No, it is not our job to fix their schedule issues.
Meximan
It'll be good for the series whn they meet in the playoffs. Until then, not gonna shed a tear.
All I do is Nguyen
I must be in the minority here but I'd love to play tu because as it stands right now, we would stomp them into the ground. And there's nothing I love more than sip tears.
No matter what
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.