Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Never again!

15,307 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
BBAg74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

No, it is not our job to fix their schedule issues.
My only question about their schedule is, will the MOB be allowed to perform at halftime? If they are, what might their theme be? Seriously, though (not really), what an imposing gauntlet that home schedule is.
Jimbo4win
AG
EVERYONE is the rival of a dominant program. If we continue to win and win big, every Saturday will be a rivalry game for whoever we play..
hunter2012
AG
BBAg74 said:

McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

My only question about their schedule is, will the MOB be allowed to perform at halftime? If they are, what might their theme be? Seriously, though (not really), what an imposing gauntlet that home schedule is.

Please play "Eyes of Texas".
McInnis80
Of course will the MOB be able to make it down from the Upper Deck end zone seats in time for half time. Since the sips charge for the seats for visiting bands now, don't hold your breath on a MOB performance.
Wabs
AG
Quote:

"Their AD (DeLoss Dodds) at the time came out and said we will never play Texas A&M again, and they worked along with Baylor and the conference to have no one in the (Big 12) schedule us," Byrne says. "There were other forces at work to make sure we didn't play."
https://www.al.com/sports/2017/06/the_biggest_thing_texas_am_and.html

Eff them.
wbt5845
AG
As much as I enjoyed the game, I'm not selfish enough to want to see us play then again now.

Any other Old Ags should say the same thing.
WallyWonka
AG
hunter2012 said:

When the sip ego can handle:
  • Splitting PUF 50/50
  • Accepting 20 straight years at Kyle to compensate for the 20 years of straight games in Austin

Then we can discuss bringing the game back(which will never happen). Regardless there are too many Ags that just want to talk smack around the water cooler instead of doing what is best for the football program. The committee made it very clear that tough scheduling will not benefit us even if we make a run. We faced several teams this year that would have been >.500, but the net zero all conference schedule meant that after Alabama, A&M, Florida, & Georgia there were only 36 or so wins for the rest of the 10 teams to split. The committee held their losing records against us(despite being better than that). This year taught us that we should keep at 8 conference games and at most 1 P5 OOC game. We cannot play the Clemsons, Colorados, and UCLAs out there if we play the sips every year. It would be stupid to do so. But too many Ags have too many heads up burnt orange BILs asses to care.

Also, I honestly think we need all of the Alumni before the 2011 game to get old and die before discussing bringing the game back as a series. Basically reset the mindset and series in people's minds. I'm sure a bowl will happen eventually but that should be the only acceptable venue.

Not meaning to come down on you, but I don't see where the game was played 20 straight years in Austin. Further, I've only seen where there were 118 total games, with 59 in Austin, 50 in College Station and 9 neutral sites (San Antonio, Dallas and Houston).

IF IT IS DETERMINNED TO BENEFIT US TO PLAY tu, I agree we need to ask for reparations, being they always brag/boast about their overall record again us. If they had never bragged about beating us in overall record, then reparations would not be needed. Further, because it means so much to them, AND they currently have the advantage in overall record (yet still have a burning desire to play us), we need them to agree to the following in order to level the playing field and make everything fair over the lifetime of this rival. What I propose is:

- Due to they have an overall advantage of games played in Austin, they need to play 9 straight in College StationNO EXCEPTIONS. This will balance this deficiency.
- The PUF needs to be split 50/50. This will balance this deficiency.
- Officials must be from another conference other than the b12 and/or SEC, with research done as none of them having any ties to tu or TAMU. This will hopefully balance this deficiency.
- Gate proceeds of these 9 straight reparation games will be split according to historical methods as was done prior to the official alternating home/home games. This could be debated as to it may have started around 1915 or 1935.

IF ALL of these are not agreed upon, then no game(s).
Oldfart2
Superb Sasquatch said:

I must be in the minority here but I'd love to play tu because as it stands right now, we would stomp them into the ground. And there's nothing I love more than sip tears.
Right now they are crying because the one they rejected is now rejecting them. That's a big blow to their ego.
W
AG
the sips are lying.

there is no way they want to play both Alabama and A&M in the non-conference in 2022 & 2023
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Spyderman said:

lobby for an even split of the PUF?
Both the sips and the good guys know enough to leave the PUF out of this. The minute the legislature gets involved there will be squeals from Tech and cougar high wanting their share.

As for playing the sips? Only if Deloss makes a public apology for his remarks and actions when we left the BDF.

Sark has no idea about the history of this. He needs to worry about the mess that he fell into.

CaliforniaAggie510
Don't you think that a win over Texas would have increased our chances of making the college football playoff? I understand everyone's feelings, but we have to schedule for strength. Adding Texas yearly does that for us.
Aggies2009
AG
TopoTacos
AG
Bill Superman said:

zephyr88 said:

Go ahead and roast me, but I'd still love to play the game.

Or change the damn song.

Or final another rival - because we don't have one.

Who is LSU's rival? Who is Arkansas rival?

Keep the damn song, the whole nation knows that the eyes of Texas sounds like hell now. The rivalry exists off the field now if you haven't noticed, and that's all we need.

Let's not pretend that 1) LSU views us as their main rival 2) The Southwest classic is particularly relevant.

I get the reasons why many don't want to see us play them again, but it sucks from a college football tradition perspective to not play the other prominent program in the state of Texas. Also, when we have so much of our culture/tradition tied up in that rivalry, one would hope that we could find a way to settle it on the field again someday.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Question. Since a scholarship limits were put into place, aren't we essentially tied with them and have an equal amount of games played at home? What was the original reasoning in playing there more?
McInnis80
Fine let's play the sips, but are you willing to play t.u., our scheduled P5 game, and then an SEC schedule? I somehow feel Jimbo would take a hard pass on that. I would rather see a 9 game SEC schedule than adding another P5 game against t.u.

Space-Tech
TexAgs: We don't care about t.u.

Also TexAgs: Look at what t.u. is talking about!
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
W
AG
there are a lot of programs that have .500 or better records vs. the sips since the mid-70's.

the horns took a bunch of L's across the board in the late 80's / early 90's and in the last 10 years
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
W said:

there are a lot of programs that have .500 or better records vs. the sips since the mid-70's.

the horns took a bunch of L's across the board in the late 80's / early 90's and in the last 10 years

Well that's kind of my point. Since they weren't allowed to just offer scholarships to 100 players a year, they have seen their historical success evaporate.
TAMU74
AG
There is nothing to be gained by playing the sips again....Nothing!
azhector72
screw them

they can burn in hell
Maroon Dawn
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

100% this
All_In_Ags
GrapevineAg
AG
No, the SEC needs to stop scheduling cupcakes!
lil_frog8
AG
hunter2012 said:

• Splitting PUF 50/50
  • Accepting 20 straight years at Kyle to compensate for the 20 years of straight games in Austin

If the series is played in NRG stadium as a "neutral" site with ACC refs I would be ok with renewing the rivalry. We would have a defacto guaranteed home game and ACC officiating is more like SEC than anything else.
Jbob04
AG
All_In_Ags said:

Man I thought you were gonna miss the perfect thread to post this on. Well done
83Aggie
AG
That first game will be interesting
W
AG
yes, the same thing has happened to Nebraska in the past 20 years
W
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

far and away this is the #1 reason why the sippers want to play again
Aggies2009
AG
Space-Tech said:

TexAgs: We don't care about t.u.

Also TexAgs: Look at what t.u. is talking about!

It's like there are thousands of different people with different opinions or something.
Ag 11
AG
**** those ******s
northeastag
AG
For the bazillionth time, Texas rival is OU. Always has been, always will be. The "rivalry " with us was extremely one sided. You know, we really cared about it and they didn't. Let it go.
hunter2012
AG
WallyWonka said:

hunter2012 said:

• Splitting PUF 50/50

Then we can discuss bringing the game back(which will never happen). Regardless there are too many Ags that just want to talk smack around the water cooler instead of doing what is best for the football program. The committee made it very clear that tough scheduling will not benefit us even if we make a run. We faced several teams this year that would have been >.500, but the net zero all conference schedule meant that after Alabama, A&M, Florida, & Georgia there were only 36 or so wins for the rest of the 10 teams to split. The committee held their losing records against us(despite being better than that). This year taught us that we should keep at 8 conference games and at most 1 P5 OOC game. We cannot play the Clemsons, Colorados, and UCLAs out there if we play the sips every year. It would be stupid to do so. But too many Ags have too many heads up burnt orange BILs asses to care.

Also, I honestly think we need all of the Alumni before the 2011 game to get old and die before discussing bringing the game back as a series. Basically reset the mindset and series in people's minds. I'm sure a bowl will happen eventually but that should be the only acceptable venue.

Not meaning to come down on you, but I don't see where the game was played 20 straight years in Austin. Further, I've only seen where there were 118 total games, with 59 in Austin, 50 in College Station and 9 neutral sites (San Antonio, Dallas and Houston).

IF IT IS DETERMINNED TO BENEFIT US TO PLAY tu, I agree we need to ask for reparations, being they always brag/boast about their overall record again us. If they had never bragged about beating us in overall record, then reparations would not be needed. Further, because it means so much to them, AND they currently have the advantage in overall record (yet still have a burning desire to play us), we need them to agree to the following in order to level the playing field and make everything fair over the lifetime of this rival. What I propose is:

- Due to they have an overall advantage of games played in Austin, they need to play 9 straight in College StationNO EXCEPTIONS. This will balance this deficiency.
- The PUF needs to be split 50/50. This will balance this deficiency.
- Officials must be from another conference other than the b12 and/or SEC, with research done as none of them having any ties to tu or TAMU. This will hopefully balance this deficiency.
- Gate proceeds of these 9 straight reparation games will be split according to historical methods as was done prior to the official alternating home/home games. This could be debated as to it may have started around 1915 or 1935.

IF ALL of these are not agreed upon, then no game(s).

From 1894-1915 we did not play a home game against them, sure we played a neutral sites but it was probably at their behest or to their benefit. I'm not trying to be egalitarian here, if they really want to play us they need to show us. I'd be fine with your list too, which they would never agree to anyway.

The long and short of it is that I want every Ag with nostalgia to die of old age before we play them again. We're need to be done with little brother syndrome once and for all.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
northeastag said:

For the bazillionth time, Texas rival is OU. Always has been, always will be. The "rivalry " with us was extremely one sided. You know, we really cared about it and they didn't. Let it go.

Must be why they were cheering the possibility of OU jumping us in the polls a few days ago. Real rivals support each other's successes no matter what.
SchizoAg
AG
Deloss Dodds said:

They left. They're the ones that decided not to play us.
A blatant lie. We offered to continue the series non-conference without interruption; their butthurtness wouldn't allow it.

Deloss Dodds said:

We get to decide when we play again. I think that's fair.
LOL, how's that working out for ya?
83Aggie
AG
Ask Iowa State about opening the season against the Cajuns.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.