Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Never again!

15,338 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zephyr88 said:

Go ahead and roast me, but I'd still love to play the game.

Or change the damn song.

Or final another rival - because we don't have one.
... but, but ... South Carolina ...
ccatag
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

No, it is not our job to fix their schedule issues.

Seriously, would you pay money to see any of these games? I wouldn't fork over one dime.
I wouldn't waste a second of my valuable time.
That schedule is pathetic!
It's deja vu' all over again....

SA-AG72
AG
F 'em. We wouldn't get an even shake with the ESiPN media machine.
Txhuntr
AG
Can someone help me cause I seriously don't remember. Did jumbo lobby for the game within 3 days of being hired? I remember him having to justify his contract, and talk about the sec schedule. But did he even answer a question about the rivalry? It certainly shows who needs the game
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Hey tu. **** you!
strider98
ccatag said:

McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

Seriously, would you pay money to see any of these games? I wouldn't fork over one dime.
I wouldn't waste a second of my valuable time.
That schedule is pathetic!
not only is it pathetic, they'll still lose a couple of those games
Get Off My Lawn
Can't say that I ever really loved the Thanksgiving game against them. Spoiled the holiday to go to it. Had to listen to sip relatives justify every biased call or make excuses for any loss. And the best thing about a win was sips not taking about it. ...Which is a lovely benefit that I get all the time now.
agent-maroon
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

Maybe they should consider moving the OU game to a home & away series instead of a neutral site game. No? Then GFY and deal with the problems you've created for yourself.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MaroonStain
AG
Capitol WTF?!? What does Sark After Dark know about a series that has not been played in 10 years?

Fing tu...newest coach hits the ground and auto-turns into a knucklehead. tu is like Kardashian to men but football coaches.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
wheelz
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

WOW what a lineup! 2 mediocre games at the end of the season and 4 yawners.
Divining Rod
For the sake of the students and future generations of Aggies, I'm now in favor of resuming it (with a referee team from a far away conference with no ties to Austin or t.u.).

It's not fair for our 12th Man to ask them to keep the burnin' spirit alive but then deprive them of the one biggest thing that hones the hate.

Seriously, if you could go back to your days in Aggieland and NOT play the 'sips, would you trade that experience for anything? Even if you got your ass kicked, there's nothing like the brotherhood of Aggies in a 'sip hatefest.

How the hell are future Aggies going to even understand the depth of the Aggie War Hymn?

WE'VE WON THE WAR, DAMMIT! now let's enjoy the spoils by finally meeting them on even terms. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!
Kozmozag
Lil bro needs to learn how to handle their big bro in okie. Before they get in the ring with the men.
jsmc71
AG
Can we please start calling them DildoU? That covers a lot of ground IMO.
fla_agfan
One thing the sips could do (but won't) that might help...

Come back with hat in hand, admit their error, arrogance, and ask nicely and PUBLICLY. Like say, in the press. You know the same press they use to try to bully us back into the game.

But they won't... and I'm fine with that.
coupland boy
AG
Divining Rod said:

For the sake of the students and future generations of Aggies, I'm now in favor of resuming it (with a referee team from a far away conference with no ties to Austin or t.u.).

It's not fair for our 12th Man to ask them to keep the burnin' spirit alive but then deprive them of the one biggest thing that hones the hate.

Seriously, if you could go back to your days in Aggieland and NOT play the 'sips, would you trade that experience for anything? Even if you got your ass kicked, there's nothing like the brotherhood of Aggies in a 'sip hatefest.

How the hell are future Aggies going to even understand the depth of the Aggie War Hymn?

WE'VE WON THE WAR, DAMMIT! now let's enjoy the spoils by finally meeting them on even terms. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Troll or not a troll?
BigSneezy
zephyr88 said:

Go ahead and roast me, but I'd still love to play the game.

Or change the damn song.

Or final another rival - because we don't have one.

Win it all. Then everyone is a rival. Teams with one main rival are losers.
West Point Aggie
AG
Divining Rod said:

How long did it take you to type this pile of BS?
BigSneezy
Divining Rod said:

WE'VE WON THE WAR, DAMMIT! now let's enjoy the spoils by finally meeting them on even terms. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite
your face!

No. Times. Infinity.
Stumpknocker
New song - "Saw Satan's horns off!"
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
Divining Rod said:

Who brought the jackass?
OrygunAg
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Jimbo Fisher gave an excellent response, and it's time to move on from the rivalry with Texas.

I like jimbo's response but I think it should be more strongly worded...f. u. C. K t. u. Never again from this old ags perspective.
Reno Hightower
NY6 or CFP. Never again in the regular season.
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Don't you think that a win over Texas would have increased our chances of making the college football playoff? I understand everyone's feelings, but we have to schedule for strength. Adding Texas yearly does that for us.
Strength... LMAO, are you serious. Playing those clowns will drag down Aggies power rating by a long way. We're talkin next to the tallest midget in a conference of midgets.
Whatthefunyo
After seeing literal fights break out before these games in the mid 2000s, I would love to see us beat their ass 10 straight. Call me old fashioned.
Whatthefunyo
Ag in Tiger Country said:

Divining Rod said:

Who brought the jackass?

I am guessing you graduated post 2011?
Old Sarge
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

After seeing literal fights break out before these games in the mid 2000s, I would love to see us beat their ass 10 straight. Call me old fashioned.
Well, you should have seen the pre game fight in '89. Delayed the ESPN broadcast several minutes.

However:
The $ips ran the Big12.
Every decision went their way, in the conference and by the officials when it counted.
We were supposed to "know our place". Really?
SEC gave us Thanksgiving or any other time as an open slot to continue the rivalry.
We extended the offer to them and they gave us the finger instead. When they were still relevant.
Their arrogance ran off Mack and they became irrelevant.
Their irrelevance and suckitude in recruiting became apparent.
The need to bring back something they threw away, woke them up.
Not so fast my friend.
Aggies become more successful than imagined in the SEC, a far superior conference.
t.u. continues to disappoint, and the media can't stand it.
Media starts calling for renewal of a rivalry that t.u. spurned.
Aggies get blamed for causing the disruption of the rivalry. (see how this works?)
(fast forward thru a lot of Aggies ducking game BS and media pining for t.u. greatness again)
Aggies fall just short of the CFP, and win the Orange Bowl, beating the old t.u. coach they basically ran off.
t.u. recruits bail.
t.u. fires another coach, hiring Sark After Dark, after Meyer says "uh, NO"
Media feigns over Sark, pining for t.u. greatness, all while....
The Aggies and OU continue to clean t.u.'s clock in recruiting.
ESPN U's Packman's weekly random question asks who's back first, listing Texas and several other past powerhouses.
Early afternoon Scotch drinking inebriated t.u. fanboy (old dude) calls in to Mark Packer's show on ESPN U Radio saying t.u. is a perennial National Championship winner, getting corrected, but keeps burping his way through his defense of the perception that t.u. is great.

So....

The t.u. program is a mess, one of their own making. Let them bask in it. Let them roll in it like a dog does a decomp varmint body. Their arrogance lead them to this point, so who are we to help them out of it by even taking the field with them? If they return to a good program again, let it be through them earning it, not by us lowering ourselves to lend them a hand in doing so.

If t.u. wins another game before the Sun burns out, it would be too soon.
Green is the new RED.
Nino Brown
Ol Rock said:

Who cares what Steve thinks about the Rivalry.

He's been here all of 5 minutes and we're supposed to be taking out cues from him? Steve will probably be a very good coach, but he's no expert on our rivalry.

Poor guy got asked about it, so not his fault but I'm surprised media cares so much about what he thinks.

Ask Mack Brown. I care more what Mack thinks because he's been here more than 5 minutes.

Did Jimbo get asked about this on the tarmac?

I still do not understand why people keep asking questions like these on here.

Do you truly believe if Texas had just finished a one loss season with an Orange Bowl win and A&M was in the Alamo they'd be asking? Why are there so many smart stupid people on Texags.
Red Rover
AG
CaliforniaAggie510 said:

Don't you think that a win over Texas would have increased our chances of making the college football playoff? I understand everyone's feelings, but we have to schedule for strength. Adding Texas yearly does that for us.

Lol.
Dear CaliAggieReallyNotATroll512,
We already have one of the highest SOS in the country. Every year. In fact the sips told us going to the SEC would be too hard for us - that we couldn't handle it.
Thanks,
TexasNotTrollingActualAggie
Divining Rod
Whatthefunyo said:

I am guessing you graduated post 2011?

Not even close. 80s. Come from a family with dozens and dozend of Former Students and I knew THE 12th Man personally. My blood is probaby more maroon
than 99% of the Ags on this site- literally.

I used to feel EXACTLY like most of you, until my eyes were awakened through my kids who are current students.

I want for them what I got to experience. It's pretty simple really.

IT'S ONE THING TO WISH FOR t.u.'s MISERY EVERY WEEKEND, IT'S QUITE ANOTHER THING TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER IT YOURSELF .

I have no fear that playing them will hurt Texas A&M.Maybe I'm just a little more sadistic or redass wanting the Aggies to be the ones delivering it.

p.s. to clarify, i love that their schedule sucks. i love that we have passed them in every measurable. i love that they kind of "NEED" this game like they always accused us of needing them. i dont like adding another possible tough game at the expense of maybe losing marquee matchups like ND or USC.

It's tough either way, but now I feel for the current and future 12th Man. It's really that simple- Ive aged some and I see things now through the eyes of a different person.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
McInnis80 said:

2021 t.u. Home schedule

Louisiana
Rice
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

Louisiana is gonna beat their ass.
West Point Aggie
AG
Love how the argument will NOW be...if we had beaten tu this season it would have been just what we needed to get in the CFP...

Never mind that we played an SEC-ONLY schedule and only lost to a supremely loaded Bama team...but somehow had we played an average tu team we would have made it...LOL!!
Sgt. Hartman
AG
I love how they are fixated on renewing the rivalry and not on their broken football program.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Oh wow, another boozing, overrated d-bag Texas coach talking about renewing the rivalry that they used to claim wasn't a rivalry.
King
AG
pants said:

The way I remember it:

tu: *acts elitist and breaks promises*
us: *leaves for SEC*
us: "We'll play you guys noncon any time you want."
tu: "No, you abandoned us and left Texas."
us: "Ok, have a nice life."
tu (~5 years later): "We'll play you guys noncon any time you want."
us: Wait. What?

How short the 'sips memories are when they decided they want something...
greg.w.h
AG
It grabs eyeballs and sells what is left of newspapers. The thing that is missing is an offer by ESPN to restart the series. Remember they have had plenty of opportunities to do that and their most recent one was letting us know they won't broadcast our home games against LSU during rivalry week on the evening of Thanksgiving. I think letting that date go and focusing on the rivalry with LSU is a long-term winner for us, LSU, and the SEC.

In effect if we best Texas we should have and if we lose we should have. And neither does anything to clarify Texas's long-term favoritism by the media. In essence we are either the bully or the stooge when we play them. No winning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.