Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2021 LB pipeline

5,602 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
Ol Sarge Friday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No doubt Buddy Johnson will be missed not only for his play but for his leadership. Still, with the return of Hansford our LB pipeline looks solid for next year. It's unproven but there is talent behind the likely starters. Long-term I have high hopes for Doyle. (Don't know if he is returning but Braden White was also on the depth chart as a walk-on.)

MLB: White / Russell / Lee

WLB: *Hansford(12) / Doyle / Cooper

Others: **Phillips...
...Brown

* 2021 Senior
** Incoming recruit
All I do is Nguyen
I'll be 100% honest here, but I worry about a steady OL/DL pipeline than anything else. All other position success is based on those two groups doing well.
No matter what
Ol Sarge Friday
Superb Sasquatch said:

I'll be 100% honest here, but I worry about a steady OL/DL pipeline than anything else. All other position success is based on those two groups doing well.

Agree and this LB group is going to have a great DL to free them up.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I want to believe, but will wait and see. LB is instincts, especially MLB. Only so much can be coached.

Hansford and White are proven. The rest have shown little in games. Good LBs typically flash right away, even if there are early holes in their games.

My guess is we get 1, maybe 2 solid LBs from the 20 reserves.
Ol Sarge Friday
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I want to believe, but will wait and see. LB is instincts, especially MLB. Only so much can be coached.

Hansford and White are proven. The rest have shown little in games. Good LBs typically flash right away, even if there are early holes in their games.

My guess is we get 1, maybe 2 solid LBs from the 20 reserves.

I did notice Russell a few times this year. Two solid LBs from the reserves would be a pretty typical recruiting hit rate. Nothing wrong with that. Sure would have been nice if Christian Harris hadn't flipped to bama late At least we have some legitimate lottery tickets in play unlike some years past.
Shoefly!
AG
Why wouldn't Doyle return? He'll be a sophomore and I dont believe he is in the portal.
Ol Sarge Friday
Shoefly! said:

Why wouldn't Doyle return? He'll be a sophomore and I dont believe he is in the portal.

???

He's on there and I have high hopes he is going to be a good one.
12thmanfootball
AG
Time to convert DE's into MLB's and OLB IMO. How many DE's will we have on next year's squad?

P.U.T.U
AG
We only run 2 linebackers normally, we have the depth we need. Plus we have enough DL to have run packages with more than 4 of them on the field at a time. Several of the DEs plaid OLB type of positions in high school.

Plus Leon is 215ish so he can act as a third LB in certain situations.
e=mc2
AG
Doyle is going to be a hoss. He was the best defender in the All American Bowl last year and his instincts are awesome. He'll earn plenty of PT in 2021.
Ol Sarge Friday
Ol Sarge Friday said:

No doubt Buddy Johnson will be missed not only for his play but for his leadership. Still, with the return of Hansford our LB pipeline looks solid for next year. It's unproven but there is talent behind the likely starters. Long-term I have high hopes for Doyle. (Don't know if he is returning but Braden White was also on the depth chart as a walk-on.)

MLB: White / Russell / Lee

WLB: *Hansford(12) / Doyle / Cooper

Others: **Phillips...
...Brown

* 2021 Senior
** Incoming recruit

A little trimming at the tail end of the LB pipeline today.
Sterling82
From what I saw in the spring game, Cooper, Russell and Doyle are all good players. Probably better than just good.
buppy
O'DOYLE RULES!!!!!!
TMartin
Hansford's natural position has always been LB and I think White is going to surprise a lot of people. Both may be gone after this year.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Agree. White was very solid last year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.