Story Poster
Photo by Texas A&M Athletics
Texas A&M Football

Dan Moore to enter NFL draft while Peevy, O'Neal & Buckley opt to return

January 5, 2021

Texas A&M senior offensive tackle Dan Moore announced via Twitter on Tuesday that he will forego an extra year of eligibility to enter the NFL draft.

The NCAA did not count this season against players’ eligibility because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

A 6-foot-5, 315-pounder from Beaumont Westbrook, Moore has been a starter since his sophomore season in Aggieland. This season, he was named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Lineman of the Week for his performance in a 48-3 victory over South Carolina.

At left tackle, he played a major role in A&M’s offensive line, which was among the best in the nation. The Aggies allowed only seven sacks all season and averaged 205 rushing yards per game.

The Aggies also received some good news on Thursday as safety Leon O’Neal announced he would return next season.

O’Neal, a junior from Cypress Springs High School, enjoyed the best season of his career in 2020.

A second-year starter, O’Neal led the Aggies with two interceptions, broke up three passes and was third on the team with 48 tackles.

O’Neal is the third player to announce a return for next season.

Senior defensive tackle Jayden Peevy announced on Sunday that he would be back in 2021.

Peevy, a 6-foot-6, 295-pounder from Houston Bellaire, posted 34 tackles this season — his first as a starter. He also had five tackles for loss, a sack and broke up a pass.

Senior receiver Camron Buckley also announced his plans to return.

Buckley, from Cedar Hill, missed the 2020 season because of an injury suffered in fall camp. He’s caught 64 passes for 877 yards and four touchdowns in his career.

Discussion from...

Dan Moore to enter NFL draft while Peevy, O'Neal & Buckley opt to return

9,979 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bluff Rat
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to hear from the rest of the OL and Buddy please....
My Name Is Judge
Lol @ O'Neal's return announcement
Slamn Sharpe
Was it necessary to post that?
My Name Is Judge
I thought it was funny... last I checked this is an opinion board...

Is it necessary for you to get your panties in a wad over every little thing?
TexasLeaguer
AG
O'Neal greatly improved this year. Looking forward to him coming back.
wahoo0185
AG
I wish he would keep his mouth shut and just play!!
TAM85
TAM85
Have Hocker and Brown said whether they are going to enter the draft?
Bluff Rat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.