Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC announces football schedule for December 12, 19

3,973 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Smeghead4761
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SEC football schedule Saturday, December 12
  • LSU at Florida (rescheduled from October 17)
  • Auburn at Mississippi State (rescheduled from November 14)
  • Georgia at Missouri (rescheduled from November 14)
  • Ole Miss at Texas A&M (rescheduled from November 21)
  • Tennessee at Vanderbilt (rescheduled from November 28)
  • Alabama at Arkansas (rescheduled from December 5)
SEC football schedule Saturday, December 19
  • Texas A&M at Tennessee (rescheduled from November 14)*
  • Ole Miss at LSU (rescheduled from December 5)
  • Missouri at Mississippi State (rescheduled from December 5)
  • Vanderbilt at Georgia (rescheduled from December 5)#
  • SEC Football Championship, Atlanta, 8 pm ET/7 pm CT

*Should Texas A&M qualify for the SEC Championship Game on December 19, the Texas A&M at Tennessee game would be declared a no-contest and Texas A&M would represent the Western Division in the SEC title game.

#Should Georgia qualify for the SEC Championship Game on December 19, the Vanderbilt at Georgia game would be declared a no-contest and Georgia would represent the Eastern Division in the SEC title game.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-football-schedule-december-12-december-19-2020/
hunter2012
AG
Ole Miss just got hit with covid, so it probably isn't happening then. I was hoping they's switch the two.
rgag12
AG
So we have yet another off week next week. Great
greg.w.h
AG
Ole Miss will either be cleared or have more cases on Dec 9. I wouldn't expect we will play, but we shall see. Need to take care of business this week before that is an issue...
Lilly Biucci
AG
Maybe it's suicidal but assuming Ole Miss can't field a team that weekend, I hope we're able to schedule Georgia. If we win out, I think we'd almost certainly be a lock for a CFP spot ahead of the ACC runner-up.
AggieOO
Lilly Biucci said:

Maybe it's suicidal but assuming Ole Miss can't field a team that weekend, I hope we're able to schedule Georgia. If we win out, I think we'd almost certainly be a lock for a CFP spot ahead of the ACC runner-up.
  • Georgia at Missouri (rescheduled from November 14)
  • Ole Miss at Texas A&M (rescheduled from November 21)
Lilly Biucci
AG
Dangit, thanks. My Friday reading comprehension ain't great.
StrykerAg
AG
I don't think anyone except Bama wants any part of Georgia right now.
AgsMnn
AG
How do we play in the championship if we have a game that day.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
AgsMnn said:

*Should Texas A&M qualify for the SEC Championship Game on December 19, the Texas A&M at Tennessee game would be declared a no-contest and Texas A&M would represent the Western Division in the SEC title game.
up-n-aTm
AG
AgsMnn said:

Mathematically- we have a chance.

Realistically? Alabama is going undefeated this season.
neil99
AG
I wonder what the SEC would do if the west or east champ team has a Covid outbreak before the Championship game? Do they send the runner up, or just cancel the game? I suspect they send the runner up.
aggiepaintrain
AG
we ain't playing ole miss this year
FJB
Smeghead4761
By my mental math, if the Ole Miss game had to be scrubbed, the only school we haven't played who doesn't already have a scheduled game on 12 Dec is Kentucky.

And I think they would have already played their 10 games, and wouldn't be required to play any more.
BMX Bandit
neil99 said:

I wonder what the SEC would do if the west or east champ team has a Covid outbreak before the Championship game? Do they send the runner up, or just cancel the game? I suspect they send the runner up.

No way they'd send runner up
12thMan9
AG
Langenator said:

DBy my mental math, if the Ole Miss game had to be scrubbed, the only school we haven't played who doesn't already have a scheduled game on 12 Dec is Kentucky.

And I think they would have already played their 10 games, and wouldn't be required to play any more.
I bet BYU would play......
Ronnie '88
jaxisback
BYU is where we should be looking. Tons of upside for us.
Rule#2
AG
We're not playing outside the conference. HTH
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
agent-maroon
AG
Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that the SEC isn't allowing it's members to schedule any games outside the conference.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Alpha Texan
AG
AgsMnn said:

2 games in one day. It'll be like 7OT again. Ags eat all day.
NyAggie
AG
No games outside the conference. It looks like if ole miss gets canceled we will only be playing a 9 game season

Sucks, but it will be what it will be
aggiepaintrain
AG
This is a conspiracy to get OSU in the playoff

write. it. down

FJB
Demosthenes81
AG
neil99 said:

I read on ESPN that the SEC rule is that if the game cannot be played the two teams are declared co-champions and it will be up to the CFP selection committee to decide if either are in the top four.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
jaxisback
If Ole Miss can't go, we should definitely petition the SEC to allow us to schedule BYU. I expect they would make an exception and allow it since it's clearly in the best interest of both A&M and the conference and it doesn't negatively impact anyone else in the conference with the season being over..

If not, schedule it anyway without the conferences support. Nothing the SEC could do at that point other than fine us.
TxAgswin
AG
neil99 said:

Ooh...I likey. Beating Florida twice and SEC Champs would put us in for sure.
erube
AG
Any guess on the likely gametime of Ole Miss? Although I think greater than 50% chance that it is going to get cancelled..
Smeghead4761
I'm hoping we get the late slot...Army-Navy is at 2 pm that day, and I only have one TV.

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.