Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

texas HSFB player attacks ref

15,723 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedaddie
MaroonGoons2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to know what the coach in the far right was running to?
Dr. Mephisto
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Christ. Never before 2020 has a hormonal teenager lashed out in anger. Clearly BLM is to blame

Take any chance you can to confirm your biases.

Picture perfect strawman fallacy. Well done!
That's not a strawman.

The simplest reasoning is that the kid lashed out like teenagers are known to do.

The strawman fallacy is that the kid lashed out because "unrelated, unreferenced group I don't like is bad."

I don't know, maybe you didn't catch my sarcasm? I don't actually think BLM is to blame.

Geez . Where to start?

It is a strawman fallacy. Look it up. You over-exaggerate my point to make it ludicrous and easy to attack.

Next, nobody said anything about BLM at all except you. My post was about the absence of consequences and deflection. Insert your reason here (as i did in my post) as the rationale. It doesn't matter what the reason is, any overstep will be explained away as a "reasonable" triggering forgiven for some unrelated reason.

Kids have been watching us not respond to violence for more than half a year. They are learning some lessons from that.

You made all your assertions as fact. Violence and protests aren't new and neither is people escaping consequences. You've projected your feelings over civil unrest onto this incident with no obvious connection. You included twitter and "race cards" for good measure.

I don't know why he did it and don't pretend I do. The simplest answer is usually true so my best guess is he's a hormonal teenager that went overboard after getting ejected. Hell maybe his girlfriend dumped him. Whatever the reason is, he should be (and was) arrested for his actions.

Okay, so you just want to argue.

I gave my opinion that violent actions would become more common because of the lack of accountability we all have seen over the last few months. You are free to disagree, chief. Not offended if you do. But you are not paying attention or really naive if you think my projection is stretching it.

Please tell me where I said I knew why he did it. You won't, because you cant. I made some connections that you clearly don't buy. Sweet. No big deal.

I also never claimed protests or violence are new.
And I have no idea why you think your " best guess" is anything different from what I initially posted. It's called an opinion. But it didn't stop you from strawman manning the argument anyway.
agent-maroon
AG
This guy will spend some time in prison then work for one of the cartels as an enforcer. Then at some point his lack of control will get him killed after he pops off and disrespects the wrong guy.

I hope I'm dead wrong and some time in jail helps get his mind right, but that's not how I would place my bets for his future.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Hi, Im Brett said:

ftworthag02 said:

Absolutely disgusting. I hope they arrested him

If not, he'll be there at some point. Imagine what he's like off the field.
I bet the ladies just keep running back to him.
sharpdressedman
Lots of "crawler" coverage on ESPN. Unfortunately, the thug will likely enjoy the street cred that comes with senseless attacks upon authority figures. Lock him up.
MidTnAg
AG
QB1 said:

I grew up a soccer player, I once saw a disgruntled goalie who did not like the call run to midfield and knock the center ref out...our game was pretty much cxld after that...luckily we were crushing them
Speaking of soccer, he is a soccer player. He has been the team's kicker for the past 3 years and has apparently kicked a 51 yard field goal. Doesn't look like any soccer player I ever played against.

Max Preps - Emmanuel Duron
TXAggie2011
AG
MidTnAg said:

QB1 said:

I grew up a soccer player, I once saw a disgruntled goalie who did not like the call run to midfield and knock the center ref out...our game was pretty much cxld after that...luckily we were crushing them
Speaking of soccer, he is a soccer player. He has been the team's kicker for the past 3 years and has apparently kicked a 51 yard field goal. Doesn't look like any soccer player I ever played against.

Max Preps - Emmanuel Duron
Maybe he can kick for Vanderbilt
TXAggie2011
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Lots of "crawler" coverage on ESPN. Unfortunately, the thug will likely enjoy the street cred that comes with senseless attacks upon authority figures. Lock him up.
Some of y'all are insufferable.

And to be clear, he ain't getting street cred for a bull**** cheap shot on a referee. His street cred went down with this one
cevans_40
AG
RGV AG said:

That is a big time lack of coaching discipline, that player should have feared his coaches a lot more than the officials. But the coaches are limited to what they can and can't do, in their defense.

Head coach shoulda made sure assistants got that kid off the field and then if the kid was being jobbed, emphasis on if, the HC should have lit into the officials big time and shown the kid and the team that he had their backs as far as he could go. That might have deescalated things. The assistants should have had that kid under control. If the kid was playing like the rumors, shame on that staff for leaving him out there. This will probably cost the HC his job, and it should. From what I have seen in recent years the Edinburg schools have poor coaching, maybe it is fine but not from what I have seen.

This is a symptom and or result of coaches and teachers having to tiptoe around students and players, at all levels. Kids think there is no consequences to their actions. Teacher/coach buddy of mine recorded an interaction between some Jr. High students and himself and I was aghast to the self control he had. But he said that is what they have to do nowadays to keep their jobs. If one of those little bastages had spoken to me that I way I might have laid them out or looked for the parents to lay them out. It was incredibly disrespectful. And even making a recording, had it been known, would have cost him his job.

Parents want their kids treated like little bubbling sunshine, well this is what they will get. Parents and government officials want to keeps all kids in schools, well more this is what they will get. This kids parents aren't worth a flip and the system which the kid has been schooled in is pretty damn weak too.
This is 100% correct. I can tell you that the lack of respect for adults among kids today is at an all time low and it is a direct reflection of bad parenting and schools/adults being hamstrung by the legal system. As is often the case, this is just another thing government and lawyers (essentially the same thing) have really screwed up.
aggiebrad94
AG
It all started with Self-Esteem curriculum. As soon we cared how the kids felt, we started the fast decline.

I'm still amazed how we aren't allowed to question umps and referees. When I was a kid, ragging on balls and strikes was just part of the game. Umps knew it, too.
Dominion Caracas Branch
I give that kid credit for being a pretty athletic big dude though.

NoahAg
Build. The. Wall.
joerobert_pete06
AG
TarponChaser said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Whats the chances that dudes juicin'?

Possible but nothing about his physique says "roids" to me.

Ya not like Strickland
aggiedaddie
Aggie97 said:

Kansas Kid said:

The kid did something similar last year in soccer. He will soon be an employee of the state making license plates.

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/12/03/bittersweet-bobcats-beat-bears-6a-playoff-berth-lose-star-defender/

102 tackles and 8 sacks in 4 games.....hmmm
and those were his soccer stats.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.