Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach O and Joe Burrow

5,585 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
azhector72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are they the new Manziel and Sumlin???

I do not think LSU will have a winning program based on what their D has done this year. Their O is awful and was only good because of Burrow.

LSU is going to crumble next year and with such high expectations, I think their Coach is out in 2-3 years.

It's good to have a head coach like Fisher call plays, coach O does nothing but whine and complain in ball games, like Sumlin did.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Sure is looking that way. We should know in another year or 2.
Krautag81
Just ask Gene Chisum.
Golf1
AG
Add in kingsbury leaving us and their OC leaving them.
InMyOpinion
azhector72 said:

They are more than new - they won a Natty
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Krautag81 said:

Just ask Gene Chisum.

Is that the guy that coached Cam Newburg?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
InMyOpinion said:

azhector72 said:

They are more than new - they won a Natty
And Burrow hasn't turned himself into a punchline so far.
Ian Neff
AG
Krautag81 said:

Just ask Gene Chisum.

Freakin gross bro
Leander - Ag
AG
Yes
AG
SWC Ag said:

Krautag81 said:

Just ask Gene Chisum.

Is that the guy that coached Cam Newburg?

It was Cram Greenburg
threeanout
AG
Sumlin would still be here if he had won a natty.
TheWoodsAg
AG
More like Joe Brady is the new Kliff Kingsbury. Just like KK was the mastermind behind our offense in 2012, Brady ran their offense in 2019
Wearetheaggies
AG
"Are they the new Manziel and Sumlin???"

God I hope so.. Then Cookie Monster would let LSU devolve into a middle of the pack SEC West team, hire inept OCs and eventually be shown the door only after he let's his O Line go to sh@t.
GumboMaverick
Don't matter. We got Jimbo. 2-1
NyAggie
AG
LSU is super inexperienced this season but super talented. I expect them to be better next season, just not sure how much
EKUAg
AG
Leaving out credit to Brady as the person who got their offense rolling. He is in the NFL now.
tjack16
AG
Burrow was better. Hate to admit it. He had the best season a college QB has ever had statistically, and against big time competition
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
GumboMaverick said:

Don't matter. We got Jimbo. 2-1
Yeah, beating LSU 2 times in 3 years is way better than winning the national championship behind your Heisman Trophy winning QB.
CajunAg86
tjack16 said:

Burrow was better. Hate to admit it. He had the best season a college QB has ever had statistically, and against big time competition

You never got to watch Jeff in person did you?

"Better" perhaps depending on definition. Not more exciting. The whole country did (and still does after 5 years of being washed out) follow him every time he took the field. Burrow also had a better defense and overall team around him. Jff had evans and swope but otherwise the team was nowhere close to lsu-19 talent. And their OC ran rings around kliffy who didn't know how to really use jff until year 2 where our team had lost talent further.
zooguy96
Interesting that Kingsbury is a successful NFL coach, whom many would have never thought would have occurred, and that Sumlin has lost 10 in a row.
tjack16
AG
CajunAg86 said:

tjack16 said:

You never got to watch Jeff in person did you?

"Better" perhaps depending on definition. Not more exciting. The whole country did (and still does after 5 years of being washed out) follow him every time he took the field. Burrow also had a better defense and overall team around him. Jff had evans and swope but otherwise the team was nowhere close to lsu-19 talent. And their OC ran rings around kliffy who didn't know how to really use jff until year 2 where our team had lost talent further.

I saw both JFF and Burrow play in person
Tamu_mgm
AG
I said it last year in the middle of their fairytale run last year; Coach O is not a good coach. He may be at best an above average coach. His best decisions as a coach were convincing Burrow to come back for his 5th year of eligibility, keeping Aranda as DC from Miles's staff, and hiring Joe Brady. However, there are several coaches that would've won the natty with the talent and experience LSU had in 2019.

Now that they're all gone, he's showing what kind of coach he is. And I don't want to hear excuses about how much they lost, covid, youth, blah blah blah. These are all his players, his coaches, his decisions that are being reflected on the field. The biggest indictment was that embarrassment against Miss St. in the opener.
Dominion Caracas Branch
I could see him being their larry coker. They get too much talent to suck for long but they could end up hitting a ceiling of 8/9 wins a year if ogeron doesn't paydirt with QB and coaches like he did in 2019.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG

LSU will always have talent as long as the are the big dog in Louisiana. And defense is "easier" to coach with practice. that was LSU problem this year on defense, too many inexperienced, no practice, and thrown to the Air Raid first.

For Offense it is now no different than Les. They need a real O coordinator with a really good QB.

And lastly Coach O is going to lose the locker room soon, but I think that was always expected, especially at LSU.
rootube
AG
Coach O and Burrow are still employed so I'm going to say no.
Shoefly!
AG
Wrap your head around this. O's N Champion team was built by a Genuine Swamp Creature who used a Hospital jet to criss cross the country recruiting players from all over. I know the NCAA is weak but they haven't ruled on this clown show in Red Stick. I hope they throw the kitchen sink at O.
tjack16
AG
Coach O does deserve a lot of credit for that season. He hired the coordinators, and recruited most of those guys. It was year 3 for him and he took over as the interim in 2016 so he has been at LSU long enough to get that credit
sportsfreak1975
L$U lost their OC and DC at the end of last year. Those are the coaches who won the natty for them. Coach O is nothing more than Sumlin 2.0
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
sportsfreak1975 said:

L$U lost their OC and DC at the end of last year. Those are the coaches who won the natty for them. Coach O is nothing more than Sumlin 2.0
When did Sumlin win the national championship? Seems like I would have remembered that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.