Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ANY win over Auburn should put us over OSU

4,984 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fav13andac1)c
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regardless of their game....am I right?
AggieOO
no.
PyriteAg
AG
Yes.

The issue with tOSU is that they are failing to play any games. We are playing all the games we can, so even an OT win should put us over.
AggieOO
Dario said:

Yes.

The issue with tOSU is that they are failing to play any games. We are, so even an OT win should put us over.
if they play saturday and win, we are not jumping them.
GarryowenAg
AG
I think if we win by a wide margin (some call it convincingly) and they struggle, we should jump them.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Dario said:

Yes.

The issue with tOSU is that they are failing to play any games. We are playing all the games we can, so even an OT win should put us over.

No. We're not jumping them unless they lose or we beat the **** out of Auburn. The committee has already said they put OSU above us because their offense has looked more explosive, even over just 4 games. They'll look good against Michigan State this weekend, and if we want to jump them we need to look even better.

As long as they play and win 6, they're getting in. 5 would be a crapshoot because they wouldn't be eligible for a CCG and there will likely be heartburn about passing up a conference champion for a team that didn't even win a division, no matter how good they look.
AggieOO
ABATTBQ11 said:

Dario said:

Yes.

No. We're not jumping them unless they lose or we beat the **** out of Auburn. The committee has already said they put OSU above us because their offense has looked more explosive, even over just 4 games. They'll look good against Michigan State this weekend, and if we want to jump them we need to look even better.

As long as they play and win 6, they're getting in. 5 would be a crapshoot because they wouldn't be eligible for a CCG and there will likely be heartburn about passing up a conference champion for a team that didn't even win a division, no matter how good they look.
if they only get 5, the Big 10 will give them a game on 12/19 against wisconsin to get them a 6th win.
gamedrunk
AG
I think a better question would be if they get in over a 1-loss ND?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The committee has already said they put OSU above us because their offense has looked more explosive, even over just 4 games.
But they'd HAVE to look at resume / SOS... I would hope.
halfastros81
AG
Oh St is one of maybe 8 or so "helmet" programs that would get the benefit of the doubt over us if it's reasonably debatable. I'm not much of a fan of style points but I do believe we need to win our remaining games handily to have any chance of jumping them or Notre Dame. A close win that comes down to the wire against any of our remaining opponents and we are out. Having said that, LSU was not a close win that came down to the wire. It was a dominant win even though we weren't good on offense. That game was never close to being in question in the 2nd half. If Oh St or ND lose a game then it's a different deal although not sure if a close ND loss to Clemson in the ACC Championship game would do it or not.

Likewise we'd get the benefit of the doubt over Group of 5 or Independent candidates like Cincinnati or BYU but that would at least be more based on SOS.
All I do is Nguyen
If we go out there and dominate and win by 25+ I see no reasonw hy we dont jump tOSU
No matter what
VonDaMan
AG
It should....but will not.
jsmc71
AG
The operative word is "should". Of course we should jump them. Frankly, I think we should already be ahead of them to the extent the respective seasons (and lack there of) can be objectively viewed without any OOC games.

That's the problem though - "should" doesn't happen a lot of the time. Especially where a $ advantage exists.
SinKiller
Superb Sasquatch said:

If we go out there and dominate and win by 25+ I see no reasonw hy we dont jump tOSU

Get back to me when that happens. We're coming off of scoring ONE offensive touchdown, at home, and now we're gonna go on the road and out score someone by 4 td's?
fav13andac1)c
AG
We also beat SC 48-3, who beat Auburn. The Zoo has such a short memory.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Nothing would surprise me
SinKiller
fav13andac1)c said:

We also beat SC 48-3, who beat Auburn. The Zoo has such a short memory.

Oh, that makes a difference...Auburn also scored 48 on a LSU team that we, again, scored one td on. An LSU team that really has a not so good defense, in fact, one of the worst defenses they've fielded of late. So, based on last week, you don't have to even be good to stop our offense. See how that works?
agmag90
Just win.
Sponge
AG
OSU really needs a convincing win over MSU or we should jump them.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Any win by aTm over Auburn and we should jump OSU. I was confident we would stay at #5 after the LSU game. They may not be great this season, but it is still LSU and the conditions made the game sloppy. It was a very solid win.

Auburn has a winning record and is a good team. Even a 1 point win would be great. Personally I think we are going to lose the game (Mond, road, etc.) but we don't need any style points or a certain margin of victory. Ohio State has played 4 games and beaten one team with a winning record, Indiana, who is not nearly as good as FL.

Mond will need to play his best for us to beat Auburn. Mond plays much better at home. Even if he plays just avg. I would call it an Aggie L.

Last year USC beat UGA in Athens, and we did not. It doesn't matter that this season USC beat Auburn, has no bearing on our game. Auburn has played better lately the Alabama game notwithstanding.

BTHO Auburn!!!!!!!!!!
InMyOpinion
Overall - We are just a notch behind OSU.

When we beat Auburn we have another win and it would be considered a quality win
If OSU beats Michigan State it would give OSU another win but would not be a quality win (michigan state is under .500).

Our SOS is just a little better and should get a bump after Auburn, OSU's SOS should drop a little after playing Michigan State

We are behind OSU in game control - I don't see this changing too much assuming we both win

We will be significantly close again if we both win - i think we get the bump if our margin of victory (game control) is significantly better than theirs.
greg.w.h
AG
Win. That is all.
alamogeorge
AG
This board has proven that our prediction accuracy isn't that good, so there's that to consider.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Jimbo4win
AG
The committee has already seriously debated us jumping Ohio St. and for those who think OSU will get in over us simply because they are a helmet school and will not have to supply a body of evidence, the committee has always done an excellent job of living in the present, not the past.
Alpha Texan
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Dario said:

Yes.

The committee has already said they put OSU above us because their offense has looked more explosive, even over just 4 games.
Did the committee say this? Or just an analyst or some slappy on ESPN like Herbstreit? If the committee said that, yeah lol no chance for us hopping tOSU
Emilio Fantastico
AG
alamogeorge said:

This board has proven that our prediction accuracy isn't that good, so there's that to consider.

Has anyone said "book it" yet?
That's a sure sign it won't happen if they did.
sportsfreak1975
Alpha Texan said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Dario said:

Yes.

Did the committee say this? Or just an analyst or some slappy on ESPN like Herbstreit? If the committee said that, yeah lol no chance for us hopping tOSU

The committee did say this earlier this week after the last rankings were released.
Alpha Texan
AG
Thanks for clarifying that. Wow... Jimbo better be HEATED with the offense. Maybe not quite to the point of throwing the depth chart out the window but the pressure needs to be on. Go drop 47 on Auburn.
sportsfreak1975
halfastros81 said:

LSU was not a close win that came down to the wire. It was a dominant win even though we weren't good on offense.

Don't get me wrong, I think the win over LSU was GREAT! However, we need to remember that they are only a 3-win team so far this year. So I'm sure that factors into everything, just like I think the PSU and Michigan record should come into play too.
LatinAggie1997
AG
If we control and win all remaining SEC games convincingly we can pass them.

1. The committee knows we had a three week layoff and came out rusty.
2. The committee will realize that the conditions (rain) exacerbated our rusty and sloppy play.
sportsfreak1975
Alpha Texan said:

Thanks for clarifying that. Wow... Jimbo better be HEATED with the offense. Maybe not quite to the point of throwing the depth chart out the window but the pressure needs to be on. Go drop 47 on Auburn.

I would love to see that!! Time for the Offense and Defense to both be clicking at the same time!
NyAggie
AG
Auburn game is going to be tough. Aggies expecting us to go in there and blow them out are likely to be very disappointed

All we need to do is win this one

PyriteAg
AG
Alpha Texan said:

We got 2 coaches fired. Time to make that three!
oldcrow91
AG
I don't know if any win gets us ahead of Ohio but I will take any win!
psybj
Beating AU would mean that Ags will have showed more than tOSU and deserve a higher ranking.

The committee will not see it that way.

Ags can only get VOTED ahead of tOSU if tOSU fails to win the b10, and that includes if they win b10 with a loss.
psybj
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.