Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Crazy ending in Alabama State Title Game

3,858 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by zephyr88
Texags Meltdown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

AFR because this is what we're gonna do to Auburn on Saturday
TAMUallen
AG
I hope that's nothing like our game and we win by 21
Wicked Good Ag
Hat is nothing compared to Plano East John Tyler
Vepp
What a terrible punt team and onside kick team by Auburn. Reminds me of niu against the us a few years ago in basketball. Just gave the game away.
Capt. America
AG
AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO TO EM AGS
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Auburn had to screw up on something like six consecutive plays to lose that game and they managed to pull it off.
GumboMaverick
wasnt that crazy.. and we win by 17 saturday
gamedrunk
AG
That punter just stood there after the block. I have never seen anything like that at any level of play.
kevmiller
gamedrunk said:

That punter just stood there after the block. I have never seen anything like that at any level of play.

And with a state title on the line..how is is possible to give that little of an effort
Amazing
cevans_40
AG
gamedrunk said:

That was after he took his sweet time getting the punt off. I doubt he plays for that team ever again.
ABATTBQ11
AG
cevans_40 said:

gamedrunk said:

That was after he took his sweet time getting the punt off. I doubt he plays for that team ever again.

Even a ****ty pooch kick would have been better than that. That was catastrophic.
Artorias
AG
Auburn's onside kick play was terrible. The entire front line literally just sat back and watched the other team recover the kick.
Aggie
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Hat is nothing compared to Plano East John Tyler

This.
For those unfamiliar with the game go YouTube search 1994 Plano East vs Tyler John Tyler

See how that Thompson team had to have so many things go right to be able to comeback.. and get the onsides kick and then score.... Plano East did that....3 times... only to have their hearts ripped out
John Tyler went on to win the state championship
alamogeorge
AG
Comebacks are why I never leave the stadium early.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Aggie
AG
alamogeorge said:

Comebacks are why I never leave the stadium early.

I remember watching that game on TV
W
AG
wow, the blue punter took the snap...read the label, checked the laces, sent a couple of texts...and then kicked the ball
Emilio Fantastico
AG
W said:

wow, the blue punter took the snap...read the label, checked the laces, sent a couple of texts...and then kicked the ball

He was doing that all game but Thompson wasn't rushing him until that attempt.
They should've just run a regular play to eat a few seconds and just go on defense.
Divining Rod
Glad that Thompson won. That other team looked like a bunch of prima donna white guys thinking they were hot chit. And that punter after his punt is block literally just stands there and watches, like "oh well, we're up 9 and there's only 30 seconds left so no big deal."

12thmanfootball
AG

BINGO BANGO BONGO, nothing else comes close.
DD88
AG
CBS Article:

Alabama high school football team scores 10 points in final 18 seconds to win state championship game

BTHOAuburn!!!
swc93
AG
Auburn Punter kid will want to do at home learning the rest of his high school days.
dixichkn
AG
Saban going "damn somebody CAN make a kick in our stadium.......what's his name?"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This feels like the appropriate thread to tell one of my favorite stories.

One of my best friends from A&M to the present played OL at Kingwood HS in the early 1990s and was on their team that had Aldine beat one year in the playoffs (think it was 90 or 91) when Aldine was #1 in the state, possibly in the nation, etc. In the last 30 seconds of the game, Aldine tossed a Hail Mary that one of Kingwood's DBs tried to intercept, whiffed on it, and Aldine's WR caught it for a game-winning 70 or 80 yard score.

So my buddy tells that story a couple of times to me when we're talking glory days in college and beyond. Fast forward 12 years post graduation and I've gone with my now-wife to San Francisco to attend her best friend's wedding. It's a big to-do and the day before the whole wedding party and guests takes a chartered bus up to a winery for the afternoon. One of the other bridesmaids is a girl my wife has not seen in several years since college, so on the bus, the two of them sit together and I sit with the other girl's husband.

I've never met this guy before that day so we're talking casually about California, and shooting the breeze and we come around to the fact that we're both from Houston and when he mentions he went to Kingwood HS as well, I bring u my buddy - and he remembers him from the football team. So I'm just trying to make conversation with the guy and I haven't heard the Aldine story in more than a decade and don't remember the details so I say, "Hey, didn't you guys once beat Aldine in the playoffs when they were #1 or something?"

He goes completely rigid, turns and stares me down and says, "Who the fark told you to ask me that?"
I had no idea what his problem was and said, "Nobody, sorry, my buddy told me that story a long time ago and I just don't remember what happened."
He takes off his sunglasses and says, "We lost to Aldine because of me. I gave up a Hail Mary TD at the end of the game. Thanks for bringing it up, *******."

I apologized multiple times but he wasn't having it. Didn't talk the rest of the way to the winery.

Several hours later when I had a break from the events, I texted my buddy from A&M with the question, "Hey do you remember a guy named *** **** from your high school?"

He texted back immediately. "Yeah, he's the ***** who cost us the Aldine game."
Divining Rod
wow, that's a bigger indictment of the guy than giving up the big play. what a loser. contrast that to the coach of the losing Tyler Lee/Plano matchup who randomly got asked about it on a plane and laughed that he was the dumbass who decided to kick long at the end.

oh well, what do you expect from a group whose best friends get married in san francisco....
zephyr88
AG
The game-winner was about 20 yards further than a Vandy kickoff!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.