Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Demas

17,467 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by alamogeorge
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
joefix93 said:

Agsgirl said:

Speaking of ROGERS...where did he land in the nfl?
He was an UDFA who got picked up by the Cowboys, then cut before the season started.

I wish these kids would pay attention to the resources that are being provided to them - when players are projected to be UDFA's, they need to stop listening to their families and their boys back home who pump them up telling them that their draft report is bogus.

It worked out for the best that all 3 didn't play this year. We were able to usher in new talent, find more time for Smith to be involved as a WR and get more consistent play from the group (even with their rough performances sprinkled in).
alamogeorge
AG
aggiefan09 said:

I hate this line of reasoning. It's like applying for a job and saying you don't have enough experience. At some point you have to take a risk on an unexperienced person and give them that experience.

This line of reasoning assumes that Jimbo has no idea what he's doing.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
joefix93
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

joefix93 said:

Agsgirl said:

Speaking of ROGERS...where did he land in the nfl?
He was an UDFA who got picked up by the Cowboys, then cut before the season started.

I wish these kids would pay attention to the resources that are being provided to them - when players are projected to be UDFA's, they need to stop listening to their families and their boys back home who pump them up telling them that their draft report is bogus.

It worked out for the best that all 3 didn't play this year. We were able to usher in new talent, find more time for Smith to be involved as a WR and get more consistent play from the group (even with their rough performances sprinkled in).
No doubt the Aggies benefited from all the receivers leaving early. I just hate to see kids with potential get talked up by folks that don't have their best interests at heart, and then they end up washing out.
Baron Von Karbach
AG
But... but.... I want Demas touchdowns NOW!!
Jevertson
AG
Even if he doesn't know routes and/or can't block yet, send him on a few outside go routes to open up the middle of the field. And if he gets 1 on 1, let's see if Mond can overthrow him
Agsrback12
I would imagine it has more to do with his development as an overall football player more than as a receiver. There are more to it than 7 on 7 and flips.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Time for the kid to put up or shut up.
Foxo
AG
What did he say that you want him to shut up about?
aggiefan09
AG
alamogeorge said:

aggiefan09 said:

I hate this line of reasoning. It's like applying for a job and saying you don't have enough experience. At some point you have to take a risk on an unexperienced person and give them that experience.

What are the experienced WR doing to help the offense?
Foxo
AG
What experienced wide receivers. They all quit.
Jim Benson 63
AG
With regard to Demas' build being SEC ready, do you think his build is better than Chapman's?
"You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing."

"Wars don't determine who is right, they only determine who is left."
Charlie Murphy
yell_on_6th st said:

Time for the kid to put up or shut up.
Not 100% sure you know what the phrase means. If anything Demas has been surprisingly quiet for a 5 star that has seen so little time.

GodsPlan9618
NoahAg said:

Jbob04 said:

Our WR development and rotation is terrible. We have improved across the board on both sides of the ball except for WR. It's time for something new. Gonna be some hot tears when we lose some good players because they can't get playing time behind guys that aren't making plays.
Goodness, Dems is a true freshman who hasn't played in 2 years and had almost no Fall camp. What kind of "development" are you expecting? Patience. If he's not contributing in 2021 then there might be a problem.

-We literally had our top 3 WRs leave in the offseason; 1 leaving right before the season started.
-Cupp (TE, not WR) goes down again before game 1.
-Chapman - who we've waited 2 years to break out - finally does; only to get injured.

Our WRs as a unit were certainly disappointing in the first and last games. But in between they had shown good improvement during the season. It's hard to complain too much considering injuries and quitters.

Who quit??
Agsuffering@bulaw
Q and Kendrick declared for the draft after the TX Bowl. Ausbon opted out in late August/early September.
TX_Aggie37
AG
If we haven't seen him by now then we won't see him in any consistent role this season. I'll happily accept being wrong but he clearly hasn't shown the staff what they want to see in order to get on the field regardless of how good TexAgs thinks he is. I am fine with trusting the staff on this one.
jp95
AG
Preach
Meanmachine
AG
I can almost guarantee he doesn't know what to do on every adjustment for Jimbos offense. My take is you can know what to do but if you aren't a good enough athlete it won't matter. Demas needs to be used 5 to 10 plays per game on what he can do, he can run and jump. That is not what this staff believes in so we sit our best athlete Not named Anias on the sideline.
Bunk Moreland
Meanmachine said:

I can almost guarantee he doesn't know what to do on every adjustment for Jimbos offense. My take is you can know what to do but if you aren't a good enough athlete it won't matter. Demas needs to be used 5 to 10 plays per game on what he can do, he can run and jump. That is not what this staff believes in so we sit our best athlete Not named Anias on the sideline.

Agree completely with this. It's the reason Jalen got yanked earlier in the season. All that said...how we haven't developed a few plays where Demas comes in and just runs a go route even just as a backup for Mond to give him a 1 on 1 shot if the primary breaks down....I don't get that part. Not sure he needs 10 snaps a game though, 5 seems right.
lil_frog8
AG
seriously would take him as a jumpball threat inside the 15. If the defense is obviously doubling Wydermyer on the goal line he should be the next best option with a high ball that is either incomplete or a Demas TD
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
AgOutsideAustin
AG
lil_frog8 said:

seriously would take him as a jumpball threat inside the 15. If the defense is obviously doubling Wydermyer on the goal line he should be the next best option with a high ball that is either incomplete or a Demas TD

Obviously too skinny to get off the line of scrimmage....
AG
alamogeorge said:

aggiefan09 said:

If he knew what he was doing, we'd be ranked #1, not #5.
GodsPlan9618
Meanmachine said:

Your Uber Athletes are all on the bench on offense.
GodsPlan9618
alamogeorge said:

aggiefan09 said:

Jimbo probably has one of the best football minds in college football, hell pro football too. He knows exactly what he's doing. We all get worked up over wr's not playing & why. Jimbo is going to go with the 3 he trust most no matter if they are a 1* or a 5* coming out of HS. We all have our favorites of who we think should play, but it all comes down to gaining his trust.
Meanmachine
AG
I will say jimbo knows how to use his running game and tight ends as good as anyone. I'm not sold on how he uses his wr's. Maybe it's all about QB play but we don't use our wr skill like the top tier offenses do. Wr speed on the outside stresses defenses more than anything at the pro and college level. Look at KC and Bama and it is the reason they are elite teams.
CapCity12thMan
AG
sorry would prefer the offensive side of the ball to be stacked with upper classmen - OL, WR, QB...we got 2/3 of that this year, and we seem to be excelling...
Thisguy1
GodsPlan9618 said:

alamogeorge said:

aggiefan09 said:

Jimbo probably has one of the best football minds in college football, hell pro football too. He knows exactly what he's doing. We all get worked up over wr's not playing & why. Jimbo is going to go with the 3 he trust most no matter if they are a 1* or a 5* coming out of HS. We all have our favorites of who we think should play, but it all comes down to gaining his trust.

Since when did you start thinking like this? Everything I've ever seen you post has been completely contradictory to this.
Muy
AG
Speckled Trout said:

RG20 said:

Just like last year when Anias was supposed to play more...

He didn't say he was going to play more.

He absolutely said something like we have to find ways to get him on the field more.
oneeyedag
It's not his weight or his ability to get off press coverage, it's his ability to read defenses, block and run crisp correct routes.
Jseiter93
AG
Jseiter93
AG
lil_frog8 said:

Demas is dummy thicc in this photo. Hope to see some touches soon
Ridge14
Ridge14
Well I guess that confirms it

BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Ridge14 said:

Well I guess that confirms it

Opt out rejoined
alamogeorge
AG
I'd like to at least see what he could do on punt or kick returns.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.