Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach O sending his team home for Thanksgiving

8,807 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 30wedge
TheWoodsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LSU is going to practice early Thursday morning and then send their players home before returning late Friday afternoon. Being exposed to a bunch of different people in close proximity in the midst of a pandemic...... I hope we don't have a FSU-Clemson scenario on Saturday morning where we have to cancel the day of because they have a few guys test positive who then sat next to each other on the plane.
ahlongslide
AG
Since they're in Louisiana, family gatherings aren't as likely to spread COVID.
It's basic math. In other states, your mom and sister are two different people.
northeastag
AG
ahlongslide said:

Hahahahaha! A good laugh early in the morning. Well done!
Z Team
AG
Haha.

you won't test positive a day after exposure. We should be fine, but they may have later cancellations that could help coach O not lose additional make up games. Smart move by coach O.
cmac94
AG
Lol...i was concerned when I heard they were allowing players to go home. Seems risky. Hope we get this game in and crush their spirit to play the rest of the season.
TXAG 05
AG
Hasn't their whole team or at least most of it already tested positive this year?
threeanout
AG
They will get tested on Thursday before going home.
jokershady
AG
ahlongslide said:

POTD
merch
This game will get canceled.
spherical
AG
a thanksgiving day exposure is improbable to cause positives on Friday. Do they test on game days? (I don't think we do)
PJYoung
AG
spherical said:

a thanksgiving day exposure is improbable to cause positives on Friday. Do they test on game days? (I don't think we do)
No the last test of the week is on Thursday. We will be fine.

LSU will likely cancel the rest of their games due to not having enough players available and Ed O.'s record won't be as bad as it should've been.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The sec should have made a rule against this.

Throwing his players a bone. He can use it I recruiting later "I care about family more than them." If he gets really lucky, he ducks a bad loss to bama or Florida.

That said, this is shortsighted. They should finish 4-6, which should be enough for a bowl invite. If they miss bama and om, they should finish 3-5. I doubt that gets them to a bowl.
Ugly
AG
This sounds like the actions of a man who doesn't care if he plays the last two weeks of the season or not. Wait, who is he going to play then?
L1TexAg95
AG
He's probably hoping they will have an outbreak so they don't take this beatdown coming their way.
strbrst777
Bad move by O. Playing LSU COULD put rest of Aggie season in jeopardy.
Dominion Caracas Branch
He is doing it on purpose.
BSCE84ag
AG
Great now A&M will catch the COVID and no more games for the year
ghowe
AG
I would like to know his Thanksgiving week SOP in past seasons... on the surface it does look a little odd.
PascalsWager
AG
I thought he a fool. Guess not. This is brilliantly played by Coach O. Definitely trying to get our game cancelled. And probably cancel the rest of their games and start next season off the hotseat.
Hey Nav
AG
He doesn't want to play A&M, Florida, or Alabama...
MosesRAB-93
AG
They have traditions too. Crawfishing out of games when they suck is one of them...guess we are suckers for thinking they couldn't find a way when we were in the same conference.
merch
No proof any player has caught covid from an opposing player during a football game.
aginlakeway
AG
merch said:

This game will get canceled.

Based on what facts?
aginlakeway
AG
BSCE84ag said:

Great now A&M will catch the COVID and no more games for the year

How will we catch it?
Ag_EE_88
AG
Wonder if an LSU player tests positive following the game and there is contact tracing if any of our players would actually be within 6 ft of them for 15 total minutes.
spherical
AG
merch said:

No proof any player has caught covid from an opposing player during a football game.

In fact it's sort of the opposite- we have tons of examples of teams with outbreaks, but none in wich the team they just played had one.
spherical
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Wonder if an LSU player tests positive following the game and there is contact tracing if any of our players would actually be within 6 ft of them for 15 total minutes.

I don't think we did any contact tracing of our team after Florida? But that's interesting... is the cdc guideline continuous or total?
monarch
S
They have 2-3 So-Cal kids on that team; wonder where they are going?
Peace for Ukraine!
Mule
AG
LSU has a history of ducking us. When we were kicking their butts five years in a row, they backed out of the contract in the 90s.
Texas Aggies
Stone44
AG
Mule said:

LSU has a history of ducking us. When we were kicking their butts five years in a row, they backed out of the contract in the 90s.
They had to pay us so not to breach the contract. They ran like yellow dogs.
30wedge
Ag_EE_88 said:

I remember some years ago when our cornerbacks would have been safe due to playing 30 feet or so from the WR
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.