Story Poster
Photo by John Glaser-USA Today Photos
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M home game versus Ole Miss officially postponed

November 16, 2020

Texas A&M’s football game against Ole Miss on Saturday has been officially postponed, the Southeastern Conference announced today.

The game likely will be rescheduled for December 19, though that has not been confirmed. The SEC release indicated only that “the opportunity to reschedule the Ole Miss at Texas A&M game will be evaluated” and that rescheduling options “will include December 19 as a playing date.”

The postponement will be the second straight delayed game for the Aggies. A&M’s game at Tennessee scheduled for last week was postponed after two A&M players tested positive for COVID-19 and as many as a dozen isolated for contact tracing.

SEC rules require personnel in contact tracing to isolate for a period of 14 days.

The Tennessee game has been rescheduled for Dec. 12.

Previously, the SEC has announced that the schedule of remaining games could be shuffled to enhance the chances of all SEC teams to complete a 10-game schedule.

Unless changes are made, A&M projects to next play LSU on Nov. 28 at Kyle Field. The Aggies would then travel to face Auburn on Dec. 5. They’d then complete their schedule against Tennessee and Ole Miss.

Discussion from...

Texas A&M home game versus Ole Miss officially postponed

5,591 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wisdom
Matthew99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fuuuuuudge
Haricougar
AG
I saw somebody else ask about playing on Monday 11/23. I like that option but it doesn't sound like the SEC is thinking about that.

cavscout96
AG
Haricougar said:

I saw somebody else ask about playing on Monday 11/23. I like that option but it doesn't sound like the SEC is thinking about that.

would prefer if our players in quarantine actually got to practice before the game...
hunter2012
AG
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
this is real sad - if we've lost the aggies, we've lost the war. no, Patton did not say that.
I am here for the comments.
Sterling82
Matthew99 said:

Fuuuuuudge

Only I didn't say fudge. I said THE word. The big one. The mother of all curse words.
wisdom
AG

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.