Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Feels like a slow week, so call your shot after our remaining schedule.

4,223 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slamn Sharpe
Alpha Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My little bit of BAS tugs at my heartstrings, so I want to go realistic-optimistic and say 8-2, but I just look at our remaining schedule and can't single out a team we should lose to. Going to SCAR scares me a bit since they've looked okay at moments and they're hungry for a win on us, but we've seen we can be a good team. Going to Auburn really worries me, especially since Gus always finds a way to win a big game at the end and keep his job, and we could come off flat after what could be an emotional win over LSU, but I think Jimbo has the team determined to win that last game.

H*ck it. full sunshine: We go 9-1. We may not be great, but we just have to play good while the rest of the teams on our schedule continue to burn. Here we go. I'm putting my heart out there to be broken. Whatever it is, I'm just glad to have football for senior year tbh.

What's your anticipated record? Break down the pivotal games.
Matsui
AG
6-4
aggiephoenix02
Same 3 goals I've had for years:

-beat Arkansas
-beat South Carolina
-make it to a bowl game
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
AggieOO
We can beat everyone left on the schedule. The question is, will we? Mond is a big part of it, but we also need a receiver or two to step up. And we need to play disciplined. I feel like we drop one before the LSU game. And I think the LSU team we will play is going to be a lot better than the one we've seen thus far. We CAN win out, but I'm not sure we will.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Ags could definately win out. But after 40 yrs of watching aggie football that would be the anomaly. Even in the few instances we were on the verge of taking that big leap we lose to someone we shouldn't. To me the biggest test will be LSU.

But it is 2020 so we have all seen crazier sht happen

8-2
Wearetheaggies
AG
8-2. But I'm watching a replay of of Ms State game right now. That doink pick 6 off our own player's helmet is affecting that prediction. I think we can beat anyone left on our schedule.
bv86ag
AG
We lose a couple more...could be anybody at this point.
Just wish we were playing Auburn this weekend...they are due for some "corrective" measures from the referees shall we say.
NyAggie
AG
LSU is the one that scares me the most

Our secondary will be tested in that one big time

I can see us winning or losing in a shootout

It's hard to predict, though, because we aren't bama level good so we can lose to anyone left on the schedule
12thmanfootball
AG
Maroon Koolaid............we'll be 9-1 with a subsequent bowl loss to Wiisconsin in Florida.

Jbob04
AG
I'm leaning 7-3 or 6-4
Ugly
AG
Honestly, nothing has change from my preseason thoughts yet, except that the 50/50 Florida game has already been decided. I picked 7-3 then, feeling like it could lean strongly towards 6-4, and now I am still at 7-3, but with a feeling that it could lean strongly towards 8-2. To break it down somewhat, I generally expect to go 3-1 over the next four games (with USCe and Tennessee being the most likely losses, but nothing is impossible) and 50/50 for the last two games against LSU and Auburn. My guess is those two get their act together by the end of the season after floundering early, though we do get the benefit of playing auburn after the Iron Bowl (again, nothing about that opinion has changed). If we are a really good team, we might find a way to sweep one of those groups for an 8-2 record, but as the season goes on, I expect a lot of the games to drift towards 50/50 due to injuries and Covid stuff.

For the record, a 7-3 record would effectively be our best showing since 2012.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I think we can win out to finish 9-1, but I believe we will lose two more games to finish 7-3. Yes, we are 6-0 against South Carolina, but they have a bye week before they host us. That could be a huge advantage for them. A well-rested and motivated South Carolina team could sneak up on us. For these reasons, I think South Carolina is our trickiest remaining game.

Auburn plays much better at home than on the road. Their only home loss last season was a 21-14 loss to eventual SEC East Champion to Georgia on 11/16/19, and they are undefeated at home so far this season. That's why I have always believed we have a better chance to beat LSU at home than Auburn on the road. Texas A&M might be 7-2, and Auburn might be 6-3 before the final game. This game could turn into a battle for 2nd place in the SEC West and a NY6 bowl appearance.
Alpha Texan
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Maroon Koolaid............we'll be 9-1 with a subsequent bowl loss to Wiisconsin in Florida.

Wisconsin will probably have to find a way to win 2 with their backup QB for the next 3 games if they want to go meet a 9-1 team. They always seem to be a run heavy team though.
AggieOO
4th string qb.

And their game against Nebraska has been canceled.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
We CAN go 9-1, but here is my prediction"

Pig - W
@ USC - L (we will lose to them at some point, and Mond is not good on the road)
@ UT - W
Ole Miss - W
LSU - W
@ Auburn - L

Bowl - W

Saint Pablo
Alpha Texan said:

12thmanfootball said:

Wisconsin will probably have to find a way to win 2 with their backup QB for the next 3 games if they want to go meet a 9-1 team. They always seem to be a run heavy team though.
They lost 10 more players to COVID and their coach got it. Nebraska game just got canceled. Hard to see them overcoming that given the B1G's plans.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

We CAN go 9-1, but here is my prediction"

Pig - W
@ USC - L (we will lose to them at some point, and Mond is not good on the road)
@ UT - W
Ole Miss - W
LSU - W
@ Auburn - L

Bowl - W

I agree with you. Not to mention, South Carolina has a bye week before hosting us, and that could be a huge advantage for them. This would be an excellent opportunity for a well-rested and motivated South Carolina team to end their losing streak to us. If South Carolina didn't have a bye week this week, I would feel more confident about winning that road game.
AggieOO
Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

12thmanfootball said:

They lost 10 more players to COVID and their coach got it. Nebraska game just got canceled. Hard to see them overcoming that given the B1G's plans.

With the 21 day minimum requirement for the big 10, I'm not sure how they play for at least the next 3 games.
NoahAg
We're capable of beating every team remaining, I just think it's very unlikely. Not a knock on our team. Just the way the SEC is going this year. Except for Bama, every team could win/lose in a given week.

Unfortunately for us we play LSU and auburn at the end of the year. I'll say:

-Lose to SC or TN
-Squeeze by LSU
-Lose to Auburn
Alpha Texan
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Alpha Texan said:

12thmanfootball said:

AG
12thmanfootball said:

Other than tu, Wisconsin is the most regularly overrated team in the country.

We are less likely to go 9-1 than to lose to Wisconsin.
AG
You guys predicting that we lose to Auburn don't know much about Auburn.

We aren't losing to Auburn this year.

Maybe SCAR and maybe LSU, but not Auburn. They've got real issues.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
We play Auburn on the road a week after a tough game against LSU, and Auburn plays much better at home than on the road. Their only home loss last season was a 21-14 loss to eventual SEC East Champion to Georgia on 11/16/19, and they are undefeated at home so far this season. Our road record hasn't been great. Jimbo Fisher is 3-6 in true SEC road games. Of course, 4 of those 6 losses were to Alabama twice, Georgia, and LSU.
SinKiller
4 said:

The team that beat us at home last year, with the same sorry qb? Granted they lost some D, but we were never in the game. There is no road gimme with this team, play like you did at MSU, gonna lose some games. I don't think some of you actually watch the Ags play.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
We won't lose to Auburn. They are struggling this year (referees aside) and we face them after their rivalry game with Bama.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

We won't lose to Auburn. They are struggling this year (referees aside) and we face them after their rivalry game with Bama.

Uh, it's a road game. Mond can play very well at home (see FL) but almost always plays poor to avg. on the road....
HossAg
AG
I'm calling my shot that "call your shot" is the stupidest ****in thread title/subject of all time.
Alpha Texan
AG
?itemid=13158302

better thread title than "Mond" or "Leon tweet"
pootiessock
We win every ****ing game
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Alpha Texan said:

?itemid=13158302

better thread title than "Mond" or "Leon tweet"

I finally agree with you...glad it's not some BS thread of yours telling us how good Mond is.....btw how's your boy McDade....heard he's cooling off somewhere offline....hahahahaha
maver1ck
AG
Should be sitting at 11-1 after January.
Alpha Texan
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

btw how's your boy McDade
who?
AWP 97
AG
I've been watching Aggie football for too long. I think we go 3-3 in our last 6 games.
AG
SinKiller said:

4 said:

The team that beat us at home last year, with the same sorry qb? Granted they lost some D, but we were never in the game. There is no road gimme with this team, play like you did at MSU, gonna lose some games. I don't think some of you actually watch the Ags play.

Auburn has got a lot of problems. Gus is about one loss away from losing the locker room.

They aren't even close to the team they were last year.

I'll admit I was wrong if we lose, but we won't.
greg.w.h
AG
It's a crazy year. Time to win out!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.