Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Moderation Notice as Football Season Starts

13,414 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by My Name Is Judge
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieOO said:

Staff is going to have a long day tomorrow.

I am glad this decision was finally made. Kudos, and godspeed, especially after posters have greased the wheels with a few beers and the first mention of social justice happens during our telecast.

Shoooot just wait for Mond's first overthrow. People got into a frenzy last year and the year before. After the stuff this off season this site may break.
vander54
S
This has nothing to do with agreeing with Mond it's about bringing politics to something not political.

FYI I don't agree with what Mond has said either but I support him because he has a right to do so.
annie88
AG
vander54 said:

This has nothing to do with agreeing with Mond it's about bringing politics to something not political.

FYI I don't agree with what Mond has said either but I support him because he has a right to do so.
This thread was on being political with Mond and the football team. I was talking about this thread.
AggieOO
Aggies2009 said:

AggieOO said:

Staff is going to have a long day tomorrow.

I am glad this decision was finally made. Kudos, and godspeed, especially after posters have greased the wheels with a few beers and the first mention of social justice happens during our telecast.

Shoooot just wait for Mond's first overthrow. People got into a frenzy last year and the year before. After the stuff this off season this site may break.

To be fair, his first overthrow of last year was pretty brutal. He hits the receiver and we go up 7-0 on Clemson, and its a different game.
DayAg!
S
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
TheAngelFlight
Quote:

Some of you are way too sensitive about this.
You've been arguing and talking in circles with a bunch of people for about 2 hours.
Slamn Sharpe
annie88 said:

BTW,

I will be at the stadium tomorrow night supporting my Aggies. I do not believe in cancel culture and I've had season tickets for 33 years and I ain't gonna stop now. But I don't have to agree with what my quarterback says either, and he doesn't have to care what I say.

BTHOVandy

How funny, anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% is a "lib tard" over in the political forum.

Just stay true to who you really are. No need to put on a fake face now that staff is coming down on you and your little friends
Aggies2009
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

annie88 said:

BTW,

I will be at the stadium tomorrow night supporting my Aggies. I do not believe in cancel culture and I've had season tickets for 33 years and I ain't gonna stop now. But I don't have to agree with what my quarterback says either, and he doesn't have to care what I say.

BTHOVandy

How funny, anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% is a "lib tard" over in the political forum.

Just stay true to who you really are. No need to put on a fake face now that staff is coming down on you and your little friends
They're coming down on you too. You talk politics more than anyone on here, but like to project and accuse others, for some reason.
dogowner
Thank you for making a statement, can you include people calling African Americans "Feral Humans" several times among your moderation of political statements? Racism has no place here. All aggies are maroon
Slamn Sharpe
not at all. I defend Mond when all negative stuff starts regurgitating itself over and over. Its the same crap from about 50 people and you're one of them

Find out how many political posts ive started in the Aggie football forum in the last 90 days and I post A LOT

*mic drop*
Aggies2009
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

not at all. I defend Mond when all negative stuff starts regurgitating itself over and over. Its the same crap from about 50 people and you're one of them

Find out how many political posts ive started in the Aggie football forum in the last 90 days and I post A LOT

*mic drop*
Started or not, you parttake in it. Weren't you the one laughing at the "they started it" take just yesterday?! If you really want to talk Aggie Football, talk Aggie Football.

Even now you seem more concerned with pointing fingers. I get it- long offseason and stuff. Time for that to end now, though. We've gotta BTHO Vandy.
74AnimalA
AG
As long as the Athletes focus on the Athletic EVENT and keep their POLITICAL away from the field of play, maybe.

But it's going to be virtually impossible to Separate the 2 SHOULD they choose to mix the 2.

They ACT like Aggie Athletes, when they are wearing the uniform.......

It's up to them. They are the 1's that started mixing the 2.
AggieOO
Its not hard to separate the two, and even if you can't, head over to F16 and you can talk about it all you want. Talk about the game on this forum. Super easy.
vander54
S
AggieOO said:

Its not hard to separate the two, and even if you can't, head over to F16 and you can talk about it all you want. Talk about the game on this forum. Super easy.

So easy but so many still struggle.
Texagsubscriber
Get Off My Lawn said:

So Bread & Circuses only. I think we'd all prefer that. (And you're trying to salvage this board before the majority of traffic is due back tomorrow, which I can appreciate.)

It is, however, a prerequisite of that arrangement for the performing clowns to simply entertain, not agitating, the audience...

OP already mentioned that you can have your circle jerk on the politics forum. This forum is for football irrespective of what the players do.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
annie88
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

annie88 said:

BTW,

BTHOVandy

You sound angry and immature, seriously, calm down. Nothing fake about me, I can assure you. This is who I really am. Multi-faceted and handle different scenarios differently, you seem confused though.

I have no issues with staff. I get banned from time to time, it happens. Their site, their rules. No one's coming down on me.

I also stated on the politics board a few weeks ago that I was not giving up my A&M tickets and I was not going to quit watching pro sports or college sports or anything. They didn't like it over there, some insulted me just like you are and I'm still posting there because I respect different opinions unlike yourself.
Sparkie
AG
Staff knows what is planned today. They have picked their side.
1976Ag
AG
I expect Mond to improve his performance as a quarterback for Texas A&M. This means his pass accuracy improves, he doesn't take over 3 seconds to make a decision once the ball is hiked, he doesn't take 46 seconds on the 45 second clock to put the ball in play, etc. With the level of competition in this league, it takes absolute focus. Anything that distracts from that focus will show up in his play and decision making. If what he does on his personal time interferes with his playing on game day, not only will the fans be unhappy, Jimbo will be unhappy. If Mond struggles against Vanderbilt, I hope QB2 is ready to play against Alabama in game 2 because it will get ugly fast. Two players opted out to focus on things other than A&M football. We will see whether A&M football is a priority or not to Mond tomorrow.
Phil Rirruto
Cool. Thanks.
TexAggie1999
TXAggie2011 said:

wangus12 said:

vander54 said:

I see a few of you have decided to test things on this post.

It is really simple keep politics out of something that's not political. For example game performance. And when politics are brought up keep it civil.
While I agree, tell that to the athletes.
Well, lets first be clear that this board didn't go down the can and become an extension of the politics board the last couple of months because Kellen Mond mixed football and politics.

Second, all staff is saying is keep the discussion separate. If you want to talk about both, you can hop back and forth between forums. Its not like you have to pick one forum and you're locked out of the other.

That is exactly what happened. Kellen and athletes like him.
Aggies2009
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

wangus12 said:

vander54 said:

I see a few of you have decided to test things on this post.

It is really simple keep politics out of something that's not political. For example game performance. And when politics are brought up keep it civil.
While I agree, tell that to the athletes.
Well, lets first be clear that this board didn't go down the can and become an extension of the politics board the last couple of months because Kellen Mond mixed football and politics.

Second, all staff is saying is keep the discussion separate. If you want to talk about both, you can hop back and forth between forums. Its not like you have to pick one forum and you're locked out of the other.

That is exactly what happened. Kellen and athletes like him.

Yeah. That and COVID. The revisionist history is an awesome touch, though.
Aggies2009
AG
Sparkie said:

Staff knows what is planned today. They have picked their side.

Didn't they tweet out that that was their side when all this went down?
Get Off My Lawn
Texagsubscriber said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

So Bread & Circuses only. I think we'd all prefer that. (And you're trying to salvage this board before the majority of traffic is due back tomorrow, which I can appreciate.)

It is, however, a prerequisite of that arrangement for the performing clowns to simply entertain, not agitating, the audience...

OP already mentioned that you can have your circle jerk on the politics forum. This forum is for football irrespective of what the players do.
Thanks for preserving the comment.

Just in case some memories have faded: off field antics were discussed as nauseum on this board when JFF was in town (tweets, comments, attendance at events, etc). This is a new policy; one apparently made "respective of what the players do."
The Fall Guy
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

Texagsubscriber said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Thanks for preserving the comment.

Just in case some memories have faded: off field antics were discussed as nauseum on this board when JFF was in town (tweets, comments, attendance at events, etc). This is a new policy; one apparently made "respective of what the players do."

Exactly. JFF acted like Mond and nobody got their tails ruffled with talking about him being a DA But hey I get Mond gets a pass.
Get Off My Lawn
One final attempt toward understanding: I assume 98% of us want Aggie Football and this board to be politics free. But political activism has shoved it's foot through the door. There are 2 basic responses one can have to this intrusion:

A. Put blinders on and accept it as the "new norm"
B. Stomp on that foot until it's withdrawn.

Don't mistake opposing tactics with opposing goals. We all would love to cheer Aggie Football to a national title (without unnecessary baggage or implications).
farwellrob
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

One final attempt toward understanding: I assume 98% of us want Aggie Football and this board to be politics free. But political activism has shoved it's foot through the door. There are 2 basic responses one can have to this intrusion:

Don't mistake opposing tactics with opposing goals. We all would love to cheer Aggie Football to a national title (without unnecessary baggage or implications).
We get it. You have a lot of hatred about all the things going on and you feel that you have to vent it here.

A) It is the new norm wether you accept it or not. Right now, in this country, social influencers are popular. Maybe not with you, but they are with a lot of people. Especially the younger folks. There is absolutely no topic in America that isn't immediately followed by the press interviewing a movie star or sports figure. This isn't even a new norm, this is just the norm.

Professional athletes are realizing that they have a huge stage and people will listen to them, even if they disagree. College athletes are realizing the same thing and they want to have that platform. They want to be stars as well.

You can put blinders on or not, but this is the way things are. And complaining about it won't change anything.

B) You aren't stomping on any feet. You are simply complaining on a message board. Over and over and over and over and over and over. And I know all the posts aren't yours, but there are a small group of EXTREMELY vocal people like you that are making the zoo worse than ever.

The rest of us understand that you aren't happy. But please dump it on the politics board so the rest of us can get back to enjoying Aggie football.
AggieOO
Get Off My Lawn said:

You can stomp your white new balances all you want. Staff is just asking you to do it on F16. Why is this so hard to understand?
Heisenberg01
AG
AggieOO said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

You can stomp your white new balances all you want. Staff is just asking you to do it on F16. Why is this so hard to understand?

Exactly there is a whole forum dedicated to politics. Keep it there!
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
LOL
Crocker
AG
We have athletes mixing politics and sports on the field and in social media. Fans hate this. So you forbid your customers from noticing and commenting on both in the same place? Grow a pair.

Same place? Like TexAgs.com? Talk politics on politics. Football on football. Don't talk about your great chili rub and bean recipe on business and investing board. Makes sense. - Moderator
MaroonStain
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

How about turn TV on, watch the game(s) and turn TV off?
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Cromagnum
AG
Mods gonna be busy banning folks today.

Post removed:
by user
Stoopkid
AG
Thank God. This place might be worth visiting again.
Exciting day. There's going to be a kick-off!
Hawk2007
WatchOle said:

Emotions can run hot with A&M football and emotions can run hot with politics. Let's not let the combination of the two turn this place into a stew of nastiness. Agreed?

I can agree with that. Unfortunately, this is not an "Aggie" or "football" or "Aggie football" problem... it's a societal problem. The site you all are running has fallen victim to the ongoing culture war.

It kind of sucks for you all since I'm sure TA wants to make this site as great as possible for all Aggies and instead, the devil is using politics and culture to create deep-seated roots of distrust between us all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.