Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The argument to not BOO Mond.

28,318 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BrandoC
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is not intended to be a political post so please do not turn it into one. This is intended to be a post about Aggies having a different level of class than other places. I am sure i will get some flack for this but it needs to be said.

I have thought about whether to post this. I will say for the record that I am not a fan. I know there are a lot of people on here that are unhappy with him as our QB. There may be multiple reasons. His play in the past may be a reason OR you might not like his politics or post or what he likes on Twitter. No matter.

He will be our starting QB unless he is injured. What I am asking/suggesting is that we please do not boo him. I have only heard booing during the Fran era (frankly that was embarrassing) and I would prefer not to hear it in this moment. I feel like if the boos rain down on him the point will be lost no matter what the intention may be and it may turn into something that I believe we are not. Do not supercharge what has been happening on campus. he may run into the end zone and put up a fist and you may not like that. Booing it will get the response that some may want.

When I coached my kids in youth football I always told the parents before the season starts that we never want to end up on youtube for something embarrassing or something negative. In this situation you may be upset in this moment but lets not become national news for being a racist school. I know we are not. I know we are better. Do not contribute to the narrative that some have been trying to create.

Please consider this if you are headed to the game. Thanks!
redd38
AG
Mond isn't going to get booed
BTHOB-98
redd38 said:

I am not sure about that. Some people are pretty upset.
agnerd
AG
Quote:

I would prefer not to hear it in this moment.
Then bring ear plugs, Nancy.
greg.w.h
AG
Good thoughts. Mond has everything he needs to be stellar this year. His opportunity to lead and to win. We should desire that he puts the team on his shoulders by executing the offense and on the bench encourage and exhort others to play to leave everything on the field.
BTHOB-98
agnerd said:

Quote:

I would prefer not to hear it in this moment.
Then bring ear plugs, Nancy.
This is not about me. This is about a school that I love. So misguided.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Feel free to boo from the comfort of your own home.

If you go to Kyle and boo at ANY PLAYER, well, I may exercise my right to accidentally spill drinks on you throughout the game.

FFS
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Yo Mond is gonna Mond this year. It blows my mind that over the last two years people keep predicting some magical leap forward in his passing game ability. Dudes gonna look like Mond, boo him or not.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Aggieland has always been a special place and one of the unique qualities has been the lack of booing our own team excluding Fran when he wouldn't give the ball to javorski lane against Oklahoma and Nebraska.

That said Kellen Mond has been pretty clear about what he thinks about our school and his opinion does not hold any of the values that we Aggies hold so dearly. so should he receive the typical aggie grace of not being booed?

I personally would never boo a player for their on field performance but I would support those that believe they should boo him for literally splintering the whole fan base because of his very obvious racists point of view.
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
Don't boo if you attend the game. That is all.
I am here for the comments.
Mr. White
Geriatric Punk said:

If you go to Kyle and boo at ANY PLAYER, well, I may exercise my right to accidentally spill drinks on you throughout the game.

FFS
You would then earn a broken nose. Watch out.
SNES Chalmers
Geriatric Punk said:

I may exercise my right to accidentally spill drinks on you throughout the game.

JRB78
AG
I like the case you make, and I hope it will change some minds. But if this board is any indication of what Aggies will do, Mond will be booed.
rbcs_2
AG
Mr. White said:

Geriatric Punk said:

FFS
Even during the height of the protests, Mond didn't threaten to break a geriatric punk's nose...
Geriatric Punk
AG
Mr. White said:

Geriatric Punk said:

FFS
You think any of the guys who would boo are actually tough without a keyboard in front of them?
SinKiller
Those that think that booing doesn't happen at Kyle, you might wanna go to a game. The no booing went away about 15 years ago. Oh, not all students stand anymore, either.
AboutTreeFiddy
Geriatric Punk said:

Mr. White said:

Geriatric Punk said:

FFS
You think any of the guys who would boo are actually tough without a keyboard in front of them?
That works both ways.

Mond is big and bad when bowing up on an elderly Ag but is a deer-in-headlights when facing SEC opponents.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Mond, a student athlete was the one who inserted politics into football at A&M. He called everyone who disagreed with his stance on Lawrence Sullivan Ross, ignorant racists.

Eff him. I'll boo if I GD want to.
rbcs_2
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Mond, a student athlete was the one who inserted politics into football at A&M. He called everyone who disagreed with his stance on Lawrence Sullivan Ross, ignorant racists.

Eff him. I'll boo if I GD want to.
I didn't realize calling someone an ignorant racist was political. I need to call my dad and apologize...he hates politics.
strbrst777
Clean slate starting with team hitting the field. No booing on play...just play football. Let's hope that no team member displays any SJ stuff. If they do, it's an invitation for fans to let them know that is not part of the deal. (I won't boo if they do...just exit not to return.) Again, just play football. That's what players are on the team to do and what fans pay to see! It's no more complicated than that!
offenseguru
AG
I believe we can prove Mond wrong refusing to boo. Now if he in mid season pulls some stuff and coach doesn't remove him that's on coach. But still we shouldn't boo. Just gets misplayed by media.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Several team members will probably display social justice, but we should let them play football, regardless of our viewpoints. Sure, fans have as much right to boo their own players as players have a right to knee for the anthem. If we keep booing Kellen Mond and other players calling for SJ, we will turn off potential recruits because they might think we are a fractured fan base, who would not support players we disagree with. Therefore, we must take the high road for Jimbo Fisher to continue recruiting the best players he can get.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Several team members will probably display social justice, but we should let them play football, regardless of our viewpoints. If we keep booing them, we might turn off potential recruits. Sure, some fans at other schools will be boo calls for social justice, but to recruit the most talented players, we have to take the high road to show that we are a united fan-base with diverse viewpoints.

Lol. We're not a united fan base. Your QB thinks you're a racist and that our alma mater celebrates white supremacy.
I don't care what the recruits think. A&M is a special place and that has nothing to do with football. Something these entitled, ignorant players never bothered to find out.
Ifishandlie
AG
My dad is the biggest tu fan ( graduated from tu Austin) you've ever seen. I was raised a tu fan. I went to tu for a year and it sucked.

Transferred to tamu with all my friends and couldn't have made a better choice.

I've watched tu boo their players for many years growing up.

It's classless.

I was a kid and knew it wasn't right. Those kids are trying to win and perform.

Please don't do it. You go down that road and you can't come back. We are different than the homos in Austin. Let's stay that way
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Several team members will probably display social justice, but we should let them play football, regardless of our viewpoints. If we keep booing them, we might turn off potential recruits. Sure, some fans at other schools will be boo calls for social justice, but to recruit the most talented players, we have to take the high road to show that we are a united fan-base with diverse viewpoints.

Lol. We're not a united fan base. Your QB thinks you're a racist and that our alma mater celebrates white supremacy.
I don't care what the recruits think. A&M is a special place and that has nothing to do with football. Something these entitled, ignorant players never bothered to find out.

No,. we have not been united since Kellen Mond's call to remove the statue of Sullivan Ross. I agree that Texas A&M is a special place with great traditions. These entitled and ignorant players should do their research before committing to play at Texas A&M, but we have to show that we are less fractured than other fan bases to stand out from them.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Ifishandlie said:

My dad is the biggest tu fan ( graduated from tu Austin) you've ever seen. I was raised a tu fan. I went to tu for a year and it sucked.

It's classless.

Please don't do it. You go down that road and you can't come back. We are different than the homos in Austin. Let's stay that way

Booing a player for not playing football well is an entirely different thing than booing a player for saying that the alumni are racists and that the school celebrates white supremacy.
It's really pretty simple.

The idea that some of you are "taking the high road" because "Aggies don't boo" is absolutely comical considering that QB1 couldn't care less about you and our traditions.
rootube
AG
Not sure how you thought this post was going to go. You must be new here. I will assume you were being sincere but my advice is never wrestle a pig. You will just get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

No,. we have not been united since Kellen Mond's call to remove the statue of Sullivan Ross. I agree that Texas A&M is a special place with great traditions. These entitled and ignorant players should do their research before committing to play at Texas A&M, but we have to show that we are less fractured than other fan bases to stand out from them.

Stand out from them by standing up for what's right and truthful. Let the other schools be a bunch of jock sniffers. I have no interest in that.
Ifishandlie
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Ifishandlie said:

It's classless.

Booing a player for not playing football well is an entirely different thing than booing a player for saying that the alumni are racists and that the school celebrates white supremacy.
It's really pretty simple.

The idea that some of you are "taking the high road" because "Aggies don't boo" is absolutely comical considering that QB1 couldn't care less about you and our traditions.

And you believe the players and fans will be able to differentiate your boo?
If winning was based on fan base support we would be bama and not 7-5 every year. I think players notice the unique aspects of our fans while on recruiting trips but I do not believe it is a driver of which school they pick.
texag84
AG
Maybe a good compromise - boo / hiss pre-game but cheer for him in the game.
Faustus
It's a good thing Vandy doesn't get to the quarterback, because even worse than possible booing will be the cheering if he gets sacked.
Geriatric Punk
AG
rootube said:

Not sure how you thought this post was going to go. You must be new here. I will assume you were being sincere but my advice is never wrestle a pig. You will just get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.
That's solid advice.
Faustus said:

It's a good think Vandy doesn't get to the quarterback, because even worse than possible booing will be the cheering if he gets sacked.

Half joking but this thought process might deserve a seperate new post to hash it out.
30wedge
redd38 said:

I think he will by more than a few, even if nothing happens over and above what already has.

But I doubt Mond will be able to contain himself. I suspect he will do something overt, something in-your-face like kneeling a few times when the defense is on the field, or when he knows there is a camera on him, or more likely do the clenched fist and if he does any of that the level of boos will go up quite a bit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.