Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The argument to not BOO Mond.

28,648 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BrandoC
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ironmanag said:

ZofranAggie said:

You're dumb if you boo your own QB. Dumb.

I have heard Aggies booing Pulig, Stewart, Farris, and Allen.

None of these guys called the Alumni racist.

I'm a former student ... he didn't call me racist.
Slamn Sharpe
ironmanag said:

ZofranAggie said:

You're dumb if you boo your own QB. Dumb.

I have heard Aggies booing Pulig, Stewart, Farris, and Allen.

None of these guys called the Alumni racist.

I can't stand BLM and Mond never called me racist

Let that sink in
tjack16
AG
Excited to be at Kyle field tomorrow cheering on Kellen and the Aggies
GovAg
Kellen is allowed to protest, but no one else should protest if it's against him.
Slamn Sharpe
GovAg said:

Kellen is allowed to protest, but no one else should protest if it's against him.

Looks like this place is no good for you.

Bye!
MaroonGoons2020
AG
As long as you're not ignorant or racist you shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. Relax and enjoy the game. Football is a team sport, and if you boo a player, i.e. someone part of a team, you are booing the team. That will do nothing for recruiting and our progress. It will only hurt it. You should stay home then if you're planning to boo. Besides, you said you were going to boycott football anyways.
greg.w.h
AG
Foxo
AG
alamoaggie64 said:

Aggies don't boo!
Old Army died a long time ago.
mcag83
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

GovAg said:

Looks like this place is no good for you.

Bye!

Can you please show him to the door. And the leave with him....
Like anyone can even know that.
Maroon Flash
AG
Don't worry about Mond. When Calzada gets his shot he is taking the job and not looking back.

Calzada WILL play on Sunday.
EliteZags
AG
there will be plenty of obvious racists in the stands that will be booing
there will be plenty of non racists in the stands that will be booing

if you want to boo, and also hold up a sign saying "I'm not racist tho", then knock yourselves out
EliteZags
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Don't worry about Mond. When Calzada gets his shot he is taking the job and not looking back.

what will he play on Sunday? Fantasy Football?
fightinag
Can he get boo'd after he throws his second interception and fumbles at the 1 yard line ?

The self proclaimed BEST SEC quarterback is not even the best qb on the team nor does he know what it means to be an Texas Aggie !

Muck Fond
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Krazykat
AG
Cappy407 said:

Even if you vehemently disagree with Mond, Kyle Field during a game isn't the place to air your grievances.

Uhh... the guy and others are airing their grievances at Kyle Field if they kneel or "protest" in some other way. Actions have consequences. Don't "protest," then act surprised or ****3d when you get booed.
wheelz
AG
Never boo an Aggie player. I will boo the refs after an atrocious call though.
Aggies2009
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Sounds like King is doing well too.
Potcake
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Mond, a student athlete was the one who inserted politics into football at A&M. He called everyone who disagreed with his stance on Lawrence Sullivan Ross, ignorant racists.

Eff him. I'll boo if I GD want to.

Pretty tough words but you won't be there.
Gunny456
AG
I have read all the above post's with interest. However yours deserves a question.......so if Mond is booed... it is, according to you, going to be old old Ag's and no young Ag's doing the booing? I just want to understand what you are saying.
Cappy407
AG
Wrangler said:

Cappy407 said:

Even if you vehemently disagree with Mond, Kyle Field during a game isn't the place to air your grievances.

Uhh... the guy and others are airing their grievances at Kyle Field if they kneel or "protest" in some other way. Actions have consequences. Don't "protest," then act surprised or ****3d when you get booed.

But they haven't. Do you have inside knowledge of this happening? I haven't heard about any "protests" planned by the players during the game. As of now, Mond has kept his extracurriculars on his own time. And from all reports, he's been very focused at camp and on the task at hand and didn't opt out or quit the team. That's can't be said for everyone. By all accounts, Mond has given what he can to support his teammates and this team. Do the same.

So, I'll stand by my statement. Everyone should focus on the task at hand and that is coming together for the common goal of BTHO Vandy. Leave the off the field stuff off the field. You can pick up your torches on Sunday.
AGDAD14
A person who falsely accuses others of being racist, and takes pot shots at the Corp is NOT A TEXAS AGGIE!!!... And if the leaders, and large enough mass of the University think otherwise, then not only should Sully be removed, but A&M should be shut down and leveled to the ground as if it never existed.

And y'all are worried about whether to boo or not???

BTHO Vandy!!! and tu forever!!!

I stand for liberty and justice for all, even for those who don't.
Bunk Moreland
DayAg! said:

Boo or no Boo, He's still a .625 QB and wont even sniff an NFL career. And I bet his girlfriend leaves him when he doesn't.
Potcake
AG
Are you a Texas Aggie? Or in the Corp?
geb83
AG
I've never been a fan of booing, our own or refs, or opponents in Kyle Field. Argued many times in the past on this site how we should not boo anything, anyone, period. Have you held this same belief? Or, are you trotting this out now because unfortunately, Kyle Field has become somewhat accustomed to the boo, and you don't want to see that happen to Mond?

I wouldn't boo if I was there, but there might be a horse laugh, especially if he makes a play and makes it all about himself and his cause.

Come on Mr Mond, do you really believe that all members of the Corps of Cadets, past and present are racists?

If you don't, why don't you apologize for that comment, and maybe win back some fans? If you do, good riddance whatever happens.
FCBlitz
BTHOB-98 said:

This is not intended to be a political post so please do not turn it into one. This is intended to be a post about Aggies having a different level of class than other places. I am sure i will get some flack for this but it needs to be said.

I have thought about whether to post this. I will say for the record that I am not a fan. I know there are a lot of people on here that are unhappy with him as our QB. There may be multiple reasons. His play in the past may be a reason OR you might not like his politics or post or what he likes on Twitter. No matter.

He will be our starting QB unless he is injured. What I am asking/suggesting is that we please do not boo him. I have only heard booing during the Fran era (frankly that was embarrassing) and I would prefer not to hear it in this moment. I feel like if the boos rain down on him the point will be lost no matter what the intention may be and it may turn into something that I believe we are not. Do not supercharge what has been happening on campus. he may run into the end zone and put up a fist and you may not like that. Booing it will get the response that some may want.

When I coached my kids in youth football I always told the parents before the season starts that we never want to end up on youtube for something embarrassing or something negative. In this situation you may be upset in this moment but lets not become national news for being a racist school. I know we are not. I know we are better. Do not contribute to the narrative that some have been trying to create.

Please consider this if you are headed to the game. Thanks!

I really tire of being told.....you need to be polite. Don't do anything your family might be embarrassed of! F That.

I not going to watch the game. If i was going to watch the game I would definitely boo if it was appropriate.
Gunny456
AG
I hope that Mond and his followers on the team do not pull some of the stuff like we have seen by other players in other sports arenas over the last year and most importantly lately. However with that being said, unless coach Fisher has laid some rules and instruction down to them, I believe they won't be able to help themselves. Further, if they start winning, they will even get more embolden to virtue signal as the year goes forward as they will believe they have even more of a " importance" status and want to utilize that status to further push their agenda and they will feel even more entitled to, because, after all, they are football stars.
That has already been illustrated by players in the NFL, NBA and by many Hollywood celebrities.....they feel that due to their perceived importance they have a larger voice and use that status to gain attention.
I truly hope I am wrong here and that Mond and his minions will not bring this to the field with them.......and just play good football...plain and simple.
badharambe
AG
Mond (or his followers) WILL twist booing into Mond being a victim and further proving his racial points.

I disagree with what he said but I don't want to give him "more"/any ammo.
Spyderman
AG
Booing is silly. Not productive.

I would encourage Kellen to consider:

1) Admit he himself is a racist. (we all are to one degree)
2) Admit that BLM is an evil entity.

Use the platform Kellen!
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
TexAggie1999
Cappy407 said:

Wrangler said:

Cappy407 said:

But they haven't. Do you have inside knowledge of this happening? I haven't heard about any "protests" planned by the players during the game. As of now, Mond has kept his extracurriculars on his own time. And from all reports, he's been very focused at camp and on the task at hand and didn't opt out or quit the team. That's can't be said for everyone. By all accounts, Mond has given what he can to support his teammates and this team. Do the same.

So, I'll stand by my statement. Everyone should focus on the task at hand and that is coming together for the common goal of BTHO Vandy. Leave the off the field stuff off the field. You can pick up your torches on Sunday.

Hopefully the players and the team do the same thing and leave the social justice warrior antics off the field. If they do, great. If they don't, they should be booed.
Banks Monkey
AG
FCBlitz said:

BTHOB-98 said:

This is not intended to be a political post so please do not turn it into one. This is intended to be a post about Aggies having a different level of class than other places. I am sure i will get some flack for this but it needs to be said.

I have thought about whether to post this. I will say for the record that I am not a fan. I know there are a lot of people on here that are unhappy with him as our QB. There may be multiple reasons. His play in the past may be a reason OR you might not like his politics or post or what he likes on Twitter. No matter.

He will be our starting QB unless he is injured. What I am asking/suggesting is that we please do not boo him. I have only heard booing during the Fran era (frankly that was embarrassing) and I would prefer not to hear it in this moment. I feel like if the boos rain down on him the point will be lost no matter what the intention may be and it may turn into something that I believe we are not. Do not supercharge what has been happening on campus. he may run into the end zone and put up a fist and you may not like that. Booing it will get the response that some may want.

When I coached my kids in youth football I always told the parents before the season starts that we never want to end up on youtube for something embarrassing or something negative. In this situation you may be upset in this moment but lets not become national news for being a racist school. I know we are not. I know we are better. Do not contribute to the narrative that some have been trying to create.

I really tire of being told.....you need to be polite. Don't do anything your family might be embarrassed of! F That.

I not going to watch the game. If i was going to watch the game I would definitely boo if it was appropriate.
If you're not watching the game why are you posting here? Nobody gives a dam what you think. Move along.
Banks Monkey
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Cappy407 said:

Wrangler said:

Cappy407 said:

Hopefully the players and the team do the same thing and leave the social justice warrior antics off the field. If they do, great. If they don't, they should be booed.
Hopefully the racists and sensitive vaginaz stay out of the stadium.
FCBlitz
Aggie MoneyWhip said:

FCBlitz said:

BTHOB-98 said:

If you're not watching the game why are you posting here? Nobody gives a dam what you think. Move along.

Really. Nobody? I think you are wrong about that.
yell_on_6th st
AG
We all like WAP. Mond and Mcdade qualify.
Callate Donnie
Foxo said:

alamoaggie64 said:

Aggies don't boo!
Old Army died a long time ago.
No sheet.
Callate Donnie
yell_on_6th st said:

We all like WAP. Mond and Mcdade qualify.
Your mom.
BigOil
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Yo Mond is gonna Mond this year. It blows my mind that over the last two years people keep predicting some magical leap forward in his passing game ability. Dudes gonna look like Mond, boo him or not.

It doesn't need to be magical, just a continuation of his year to year improvement will place him in top 20-30 range of QBs... there's a fine line separating QBs and his stats are within striking distance based on 2019

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.