Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The argument to not BOO Mond.

28,756 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BrandoC
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SinKiller said:

Those that think that booing doesn't happen at Kyle, you might wanna go to a game. The no booing went away about 15 years ago. Oh, not all students stand anymore, either.

Here is one of many reasons to end Corps Block.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Evanhue
AG
TexAggie1999
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Several team members will probably display social justice, but we should let them play football, regardless of our viewpoints. Sure, fans have as much right to boo their own players as players have a right to knee for the anthem. If we keep booing Kellen Mond and other players calling for SJ, we will turn off potential recruits because they might think we are a fractured fan base, who would not support players we disagree with. Therefore, we must take the high road for Jimbo Fisher to continue recruiting the best players he can get.

If the players or teams do social justice demonstrations during the game, I hope people boo. Not doing so isn't taking the high road. Not doing so will play into the hands of BLM and the liberals. People have to stop cowering in fear of being called a racist for standing up to BLM and this manufactured issue.

And the fanbase is fractured. The whole country is fractured.
TexAggie1999
greg.w.h said:

TexAggie1999 said:

greg.w.h said:

Good thoughts. Mond has everything he needs to be stellar this year. His opportunity to lead and to win. We should desire that he puts the team on his shoulders by executing the offense and on the bench encourage and exhort others to play to leave everything on the field.

What have we seen to suggest Mond is likely to be stellar? Hopefully he is good enough, but nothing suggests he is stellar irrespective of his Social Justice Warrior tendencies.
Read carefully what I wrote. You're bad at reading.

OK. I will restate my question. What has Mond done to suggest he has everyrhing he needs to be stellar this year? There isn't anything to suggest he has the talent or skill to be "stellar".

You are bad at evaluating QBs or have a very low bar for stellar.
Squadron7
AG
I'll vote with my feet...but I won't boo anyone in an Aggie uniform.
JRB78
AG
JoeOlson said:

If he gets booed, we are literally on Sportscenter and every major outlet broadcasting this stereotype of redneck, racist hicks. For the love of God, please have some respect for a fellow Ag. Not only is it the right thing to do as a human being, it's also a smart thing to do if you want A&M to recruit and compete at a high level. Literally benefits no one to boo
I could easily see the media portraying it this way. We could come across as the most redneck school in the SEC. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's a standard we are looking for.
Foxo
AG
Oh my! I wish the first game and maybe all of the games were on the road.

I was there when the first black Aggie (a walk-on wide receiver) entered a game and there was scattered booing. I was embarrassed for those fans and for Texas A&M.

How about just silence? You all must know that the media is always ready to report anything negative about Texas A&M.
greg.w.h
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

greg.w.h said:

TexAggie1999 said:

greg.w.h said:

Good thoughts. Mond has everything he needs to be stellar this year. His opportunity to lead and to win. We should desire that he puts the team on his shoulders by executing the offense and on the bench encourage and exhort others to play to leave everything on the field.

What have we seen to suggest Mond is likely to be stellar? Hopefully he is good enough, but nothing suggests he is stellar irrespective of his Social Justice Warrior tendencies.
Read carefully what I wrote. You're bad at reading.

OK. I will restate my question. What has Mond done to suggest he has everyrhing he needs to be stellar this year? There isn't anything to suggest he has the talent or skill to be "stellar".

You are bad at evaluating QBs or have a very low bar for stellar.
Better offense. More experience. Some unknowns. It's up to him to lead. Stellar is eight or more conference wins out of ten games.
Ifishandlie
AG
Quit worrying y'all.

The people talking **** on here don't have the balls to boo. They'll be sitting there scrolling through the politics board yelling "traveling" at all the false start penalties....
FLATOUT
AG
rcb05 said:

FLATOUT said:

I'll be there, and I'll boo if there's any type of kneeling BS that happens during the National Anthem. Other than that Mond has every right to voice his opinion just like we all do. Hopefully he keeps it off the field and focuses on his athletic performance.
I can understand this stance. If he does something there on the field, you disagree with, I'm not gonna tell someone not to voice their opinion. Folks talk all the time about how they want sports to be an escape, to be separate from all of the things going on in the world. If you boo Kellen on Saturday when all he is doing is playing football, you're bringing outside issues into the sport, not him.
Exactly, am I happy with him? NO, but I doubt he would be happy with the position I take on certain social issues either, to each his own. Just keep it out of Kyle Field.

Focus on the task at hand.
Gump 02
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

The idea that some of you are "taking the high road" because "Aggies don't boo" is absolutely comical considering that QB1 couldn't care less about you and our traditions.

So you are justifying classless behaviour because you think someone slighted you?
74AnimalA
AG
TAM85 said:

Will be interesting to see whether "Mr. Defund the Corps" is booed or hissed by any members of the Corps.
Believe they have been instructed to "Take the High Road."

Not to mention after his Tweet, or Tweets.... He was also instructed to participate in a Zoom Meeting with the Corps of Cadets Leadership, on the topic of Leadership.

Well 'ol #11 decided that he wasn't listening, only lecturing on HIS Skewed Version of Racism... I mean leadership.

Look the reason I'm not going to be at the games is NOT just #11.
It's the Administration, for letting these misfits into the university and allowing them a forum for indoctrinating the highly impressional, yet uninformed individuals. Not to mention taking forever to acknowledge there is a problem at our beloved University.
1976Ag
AG
With only 25,000 fans in a 103,000 capacity stadium, it's going to be really quiet, no matter what happens

I'm just hoping there will be no pregame activities to stir things up.

As far as the fan that said he would throw his drink on a booing fan, I'd like to know where he his seat is located so I can video it and show this forum how it turned out
ChemEAg08
AG
Mind despises a large number of Ags who view things differently than him (I.e. calling us racist if we think the man who saved our college was a racist and should remove the statue of him). I am not rooting for him (or others that think like him), but I am rooting for our boys. If he tries any stupid political nonsense, I will boo him.
Cassius
Geriatric Punk said:

Feel free to boo from the comfort of your own home.

If you go to Kyle and boo at ANY PLAYER, well, I may exercise my right to accidentally spill drinks on you throughout the game.

FFS

Then said folks might accidently bloody your nose.
agcrock2005
AG
I just unfollowed OP on twitter and it felt awesome.
Slamn Sharpe
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Since when the hell do we boo our own players!
When they call YOU a racist ?

Show us on the doll where the hateful words touched you
Slamn Sharpe
ChemEAg08 said:

Mind despises a large number of Ags who view things differently than him (I.e. calling us racist if we think the man who saved our college was a racist and should remove the statue of him). I am not rooting for him (or others that think like him), but I am rooting for our boys. If he tries any stupid political nonsense, I will boo him.

Its not that you and Mond disagree. Its that you support someone that held the nickname Negro Killer. Is there any chance you could see where a person of color might think thats racist?

Stop making this about "he called me a name because we don't agree"

Its deeper than that and you should have the mental capacity to see it
MrWonderful
AG
Let's see, in this thread we have "Aggies" explaining why we should boo another Aggie, something reserved only for the worst refs, and Aggies threatening each other. And I thought we were different. This is the same crap happening all across the country right now.

If mond is booed on Saturday, old army will have solved one problem at least. You won't have to worry anymore about new army ruining anything, cause y'all will have successfully taken the Aggie spirit out back and buried it in a shallow grave

alamoaggie64
AG
Aggies don't boo!
alamoaggie64
who?mikejones
AG
Not this **** again
Aggies2009
AG
who?mikejones said:

Not this **** again

I wish people like him would keep this forum Aggie Football Related.
Slamn Sharpe
Aggies2009 said:

who?mikejones said:

Not this **** again

I was responding to one of your Sully bros.
Aggies2009
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Aggies2009 said:

who?mikejones said:

Not this **** again

I was responding to one of your Sully bros.

Aggie Football only plz. Staff will start banning if you keep trying to force political talk.
annie88
AG
Aggies used to not boo, but the last few years I sure heard them do it.
85AustinAg
AG
Aggies don't Boo. Especially other Aggies. Even when their political beliefs don't align. And even when thin skinned Sully supporters get called racist we don't boo then either.

Seriously. I support Sully staying right where he is but I'm not so butthurt and petty to even contemplate booing somebody who says that I'm racist. I know I'm not and I don't give a **** what anybody thinks about that. Kellen Mond or otherwise.

This thread sounds more like somebody tattling about someone saying a bad word in a kindergarten class than it does about anything related to the Fall 2020 football season.

Grow up or just go away for awhile. It's sickening the way some of you talk about the players and coaches.
Aggies2009
AG
85AustinAg said:

Aggies don't Boo. Especially other Aggies. Even when their political beliefs don't align. And even when thin skinned Sully supporters get called racist we don't boo then either.

Seriously. I support Sully staying right where he is but I'm not so butthurt and petty to even contemplate booing somebody who says that I'm racist. I know I'm not and I don't give a **** what anybody thinks about that. Kellen Mond or otherwise.

This thread sounds more like somebody tattling about someone saying a bad word in a kindergarten class than it does about anything related to the Fall 2020 football season.

Grow up or just go away for awhile. It's sickening the way some of you talk about the players and coaches.

Aggie Football Related only, sir. Staff WILL hand out bans.
ZofranAggie
AG
You're dumb if you boo your own QB. Dumb.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mcag83
AG
ZofranAggie said:

This
Like anyone can even know that.
ironmanag
AG
ZofranAggie said:

I have heard Aggies booing Pulig, Stewart, Farris, and Allen.

None of these guys called the Alumni racist.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
J-Licious
AG
otni said:

I like the case you make, and I hope it will change some minds. But if this board is any indication of what Aggies will do, Mond will be booed.

Texags is no different than any other social mediahas some benefits but brings out the worst in people.
DayAg!
S
Boo or no Boo, He's still a .625 QB and wont even sniff an NFL career. And I bet his girlfriend leaves him when he doesn't.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
Cappy407
AG
Even if you vehemently disagree with Mond, Kyle Field during a game isn't the place to air your grievances. Everyone is there for a common purpose - to BTHO Vandy. Booing literally does nothing positive expect maybe somehow make you feel better about yourself. Yeah, you really showed him. Don't want to support him? Cool. Don't show up. Don't watch. Problem solved.

For those that show up, yell and cheer for the Maroon and White to BTHO Vandy regardless of their political views.

If you really must address Mond, then address his off the field comments with your own off the field comments. Don't bring it into Kyle.
Aggies2009
AG
Cappy407 said:

Even if you vehemently disagree with Mond, Kyle Field during a game isn't the place to air your grievances. Everyone is there for a common purpose - to BTHO Vandy. Booing literally does nothing positive expect maybe somehow make you feel better about yourself. Yeah, you really showed him. Don't want to support him? Cool. Don't show up. Don't watch. Problem solved.

For those that show up, yell and cheer for the Maroon and White to BTHO Vandy regardless of their political views.

If you really must address Mond, then address his off the field comments with your own off the field comments. Don't bring it into Kyle.
who?mikejones
AG
Cappy407 said:

I agree and hope qb1 does the same.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.