Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The argument to not BOO Mond.

28,327 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BrandoC
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well there shouldn't be anyone there to boo him for non-football reasons right? Not another something or other?
BadaBing12
AG
He can boo Texas A&M but Texas A&M can't boo him?
rbcs_2
AG
jeffk said:

If you choose to attend a game and boo one of your own team's players, it says way more about you* than the player you're booing.

*It says that you're an idiot.

But what it one switches allegiances temporarily to the other team on the field, boos the player on the former team, and quickly switches allegiance back to the original team?
Faustus
MaxPower said:

The fact that we as A&M fans don't typically boo should make the booing he gets that much more meaningful. I doubt he cares though, which really speaks more about him and his enablers (including on the coaching staff) than anyone else.
The poignant boo.
VatoLocoAggie
At ease, Ags.
Stand down.

Stay classy and do not Boo.
We are the classiest fans in all sports. No need to give the enemy fodder to use against us to tarnish our impeccable honor and notoriety.

Stay humble. Maintain humility. Always honorable.
Banks Monkey
AG
All good Ags going to the game should buy an extra drink to pour on any 2% POS who boo at the game nearby.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

At ease, Ags.
Stand down.

Stay classy and do not Boo.
We are the classiest fans in all sports. No need to give the enemy fodder to use against us to tarnish our impeccable honor and notoriety.

Stay humble. Maintain humility. Always honorable.
Exactly.
Banks Monkey
AG
aeon-ag said:

SNES Chalmers said:

You can barely hear hissing when the stadium is full, can't imagine how useless it will be a quarter full.
The horse laugh is useless. The "cheer leaders" have the horse laugh going so fast it sounds it sounds like a bunch of guineas cackling!!!!
You just outed yourself as a miserable t-sip POS lurker. Enjoy your 5-5 season with Coach Hot Seat.
JoeOlson
AG
If he gets booed, we are literally on Sportscenter and every major outlet broadcasting this stereotype of redneck, racist hicks. For the love of God, please have some respect for a fellow Ag. Not only is it the right thing to do as a human being, it's also a smart thing to do if you want A&M to recruit and compete at a high level. Literally benefits no one to boo
schmendeler
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

redd38 said:

Mond isn't going to get booed

Anyone that feels the need to boo him should be home and watching Netflix
good point, i thought they were "done" with this program and school?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Booing Mond for being young and not agreeing with you?

Nah. That would be more embarrassing than anything Mond has said or done.
rcb05
AG
Never boo a student athlete. Period. Not for anything they do on the field, and not for anything they do off of it. If you're insistent on not being supportive of Kellen, and by proxy, this team, then feel free to stay home on Saturday.
[url]www.twitter.com/rcb05[/url]
ironmanag
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Booing Mond for being young and not agreeing with you?

Nah. That would be more embarrassing than anything Mond has said or done.
Yeah not so much.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
pilotag68
AG
Class of '68 here. Real Aggie fans do not boo, and we stay until the end of the game. Mr White will not be there in any case.
jrk
rsf0626
Why go to the game if you're going to just boo the QB and hope he fails? If you feel that strongly about him, sit on your couch and boo from home. Let someone else go in your place who will actually support the football team

Some of y'all are embarassing
rsf0626
wealeat09
AG
rcb05 said:

Never boo a student athlete. Period. Not for anything they do on the field, and not for anything they do off of it. If you're insistent on not being supportive of Kellen, and by proxy, this team, then feel free to stay home on Saturday.
If a white player said something racist off the field, should he be criticized and booed?

I'd say so.

This whole "student athletes should never be criticized" thing is absurd.

Grow up.
AboutTreeFiddy
rcb05 said:

Man. This kind of mentality is probably why some of these people turn out the way they do.
FLATOUT
AG
I'll be there, and I'll boo if there's any type of kneeling BS that happens during the National Anthem. Other than that Mond has every right to voice his opinion just like we all do. Hopefully he keeps it off the field and focuses on his athletic performance.
BTHOB-98
rootube said:

Not sure how you thought this post was going to go. You must be new here. I will assume you were being sincere but my advice is never wrestle a pig. You will just get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.
I was new here in 1998. lol. I knew how it would go. I wanted to make the point that we can be better and we can.
BTHOB-98
Bigsexxy96 said:

I feel that if he is booed, that is precisely the reaction he would hope for. It's validation for him.
This is something that worries me.
BTHOB-98
FLATOUT said:

I'll be there, and I'll boo if there's any type of kneeling BS that happens during the National Anthem. Other than that Mond has every right to voice his opinion just like we all do. Hopefully he keeps it off the field and focuses on his athletic performance.
The National Anthem plays while the players are still in the locker room.
Just Tired
i predict a stew of nastiness.
rcb05
AG
FLATOUT said:

I can understand this stance. If he does something there on the field, you disagree with, I'm not gonna tell someone not to voice their opinion. Folks talk all the time about how they want sports to be an escape, to be separate from all of the things going on in the world. If you boo Kellen on Saturday when all he is doing is playing football, you're bringing outside issues into the sport, not him.
[url]www.twitter.com/rcb05[/url]
Faustus
Edited.
Spyderman
AG
Anyone know what Kellen's thoughts are in regards to the racist entrance song? In fact, it seems the whole team should have objections to it?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Since when the hell do we boo our own players!
Artorias
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

When they call you racist?
TAMUallen
AG
BOOO him as loud as possible
TexAggie1999
greg.w.h said:

Good thoughts. Mond has everything he needs to be stellar this year. His opportunity to lead and to win. We should desire that he puts the team on his shoulders by executing the offense and on the bench encourage and exhort others to play to leave everything on the field.

What have we seen to suggest Mond is likely to be stellar? Hopefully he is good enough, but nothing suggests he is stellar irrespective of his Social Justice Warrior tendencies.
chilimuybueno
AG
My two cents.....rise above it all and yell FOR Mond. My parents always taught me to set a good example. Maybe the way to influence him in the proper direction is to show him that despite his views, that we CARE FOR HIM. That is more powerful than anything.

I know it's tough to do, but I would ask you to try.
greg.w.h
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

greg.w.h said:

Good thoughts. Mond has everything he needs to be stellar this year. His opportunity to lead and to win. We should desire that he puts the team on his shoulders by executing the offense and on the bench encourage and exhort others to play to leave everything on the field.

What have we seen to suggest Mond is likely to be stellar? Hopefully he is good enough, but nothing suggests he is stellar irrespective of his Social Justice Warrior tendencies.
Read carefully what I wrote. You're bad at reading.
TheCougarHunter
AG
chilimuybueno said:

My two cents.....rise above it all and yell FOR Mond. My parents always taught me to set a good example. Maybe the way to influence him in the proper direction is to show him that despite his views, that we CARE FOR HIM. That is more powerful than anything.

No.
Bunk Moreland
chilimuybueno said:

Correct. I'm sure nobody on this thread ever made ignorant political or social comments ever when they were 22. Mond has a platform so it was amplified...but most of the amplification was done by people who were outraged and kept spreading it too. They could have just ignored it as well.

Support Mond the QB for the Ags and hope he understands as he ages that most things in life are much more nuanced than you believe them to be at that age.
TexAggie1999
Geriatric Punk said:

Mr. White said:

Geriatric Punk said:

Feel free to boo from the comfort of your own home.

If you go to Kyle and boo at ANY PLAYER, well, I may exercise my right to accidentally spill drinks on you throughout the game.

FFS
You would then earn a broken nose. Watch out.
You think any of the guys who would boo are actually tough without a keyboard in front of them?

There is no reason to believe they are any more or less tough than you who sits behind your keyboard and threatens to spill drinks on someone for booing.

Doing that would be stupid and if anyone did anything to you, it would be your own fault.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

When they call YOU a racist ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.