Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The argument to not BOO Mond.

28,766 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BrandoC
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

agnerd said:

Quote:

I would prefer not to hear it in this moment.
Then bring ear plugs, Nancy.
This is not about me. This is about a school that I love. So misguided.
Nothing like a good sanctimonious Aggie thread to stir the pot.

1. Good troll, A- effort

or

2. Get down off your high horse, little girl

who?mikejones
AG
Let mond have his opinions just as you have yours. So long as he keeps his activist actions off the field, let him be.

If he takes a knee or does something on the field, boo away.

I think the same thing should be done for any one of us. Keep your politics for your personal time. If you post your opinions here or on another social network, i wouldnt want someone to show up to your work and start booing you at 8am.

If you start being am activist while working, i would expect nothing less than for you to be confronted because it's inappropriate for you to rep your employer in that way.

Same for mond. He's allowed go have bad opinions. But once he tries to co-opt tamu's platform, he crosses the line.
impavidus
AG
Anyone could have told you how this thread would go. We have grown men attacking Mond, can't accept he has the right to his own views and saying it's fair game to to boo an aggie player for what he believes and says.

Imagine if a football player had the exact opposite views of Mond and voiced those publicly... The same people booing Mond would be furious if the other guy got booed. That sums up our fan base situation. Neither kid should be attacked or booed for having his own beliefs and voicing them.

I hope Jimbo goes OFF on the fan base if one of his players get booed. It should be broadcasted on a national level too if it happens. Similar to what KC fans did to the unity presentation to open the season.

who?mikejones
AG
Fans have just as much a right to voice their opinions as any player
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Let mond have his opinions just as you have yours. So long as he keeps his activist actions off the field, let him be.

If he takes a knee or does something on the field, boo away.

I think the same thing should be done for any one of us. Keep your politics for your personal time. If you post you opinions here or on another social network, i wouldnt want someone to show up to your work and start booing you at 8am.
Exactly
who?mikejones
AG
You left off the most important part.

Using someone else's platform to project your personal politics is inappropriate.
big tony
If you're principles dictate otherwise, why worry about what recruits think. "I want to support this side of the issue, but....." I see the point, but you either believe in something or you don't.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
impavidus said:

Anyone could have told you how this thread would go. We have grown men attacking Mond, can't accept he has the right to his own views and saying it's fair game to to boo an aggie player for what he believes and says.

Imagine if a football player had the exact opposite views of Mond and voiced those publicly... The same people booing Mond would be furious if the other guy got booed. That sums up our fan base situation. Neither kid should be attacked or booed for having his own beliefs and voicing them.

I hope Jimbo goes OFF on the fan base if one of his players get booed. It should be broadcasted on a national level too if it happens. Similar to what KC fans did to the unity presentation to open the season.

So if a white player came out and voiced his support for the KKK and stated that black folks are responsible for the majority of crime in the country, you'd be fine with it right? I mean after all, he's entitled to his opinion after all.

And surely you'd be fine with Jimbo's deafening silence through it all?

And when that player got booed for voicing his opinions and then Jimbo went off on it in the PC and it made national news, surely you wouldn't criticize Jimbo for his hypocritcal stance of chastising fans but staying quiet as a church mouse while his player was pissing off said fans for months?
impavidus
AG
who?mikejones said:

You left off the most important part.

Using someone else's platform to project your personal politics is inappropriate.

It's messed up you feel that way about religion and military also.
who?mikejones
AG
Wtf are u talking about
SNES Chalmers
rootube said:

Not sure how you thought this post was going to go. You must be new here. I will assume you were being sincere but my advice is never wrestle a pig. You will just get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

If you're trying to get the pig out of the house you're gonna get a little dirty.
TXAggie2011
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

impavidus said:

So if a white player came out and voiced his support for the KKK and stated that black folks are responsible for the majority of crime in the country, you'd be fine with it right? I mean after all, he's entitled to his opinion after all.

And surely you'd be fine with Jimbo's deafening silence through it all?

And when that player got booed for voicing his opinions and then Jimbo went off on it in the PC and it made national news, surely you wouldn't criticize Jimbo for his hypocritcal stance of chastising fans but staying quiet as a church mouse while his player was pissing off said fans for months?
I don't think he's saying you have to be "fine" with the substance of Mond's opinion. The discussion has been about how and when its appropriate to engage with Mond about his opinion.

As far as Jimbo, I don't think he's been silent. He's made a number of comments about the current atmosphere and he's talked some about how they've handled it inside the Bright Complex. If you're waiting for him to come out and rebuke Kellen Mond, then yeah, you're not getting that. Especially for things Mond has done on his own time.

And coaches generally are going to defend their players and be protective of their players in a way they're not going to be for fans. Especially in public.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Keep it classy, Ags. He did his crap away from the field. Keep our counter measures away from Kyle Field, too.
Agzonfire
Why wouldn't I boo someone who is actively trying to bring down the school I love? I'll never Boo an Aggie, screw this mercenary
NumeroUno
AG
I feel that if he is booed, that is precisely the reaction he would hope for. It's validation for him.
aeon-ag
BTHOB-98 said:

This is not intended to be a political post so please do not turn it into one. This is intended to be a post about Aggies having a different level of class than other places. I am sure i will get some flack for this but it needs to be said.

I have thought about whether to post this. I will say for the record that I am not a fan. I know there are a lot of people on here that are unhappy with him as our QB. There may be multiple reasons. His play in the past may be a reason OR you might not like his politics or post or what he likes on Twitter. No matter.

He will be our starting QB unless he is injured. What I am asking/suggesting is that we please do not boo him. I have only heard booing during the Fran era (frankly that was embarrassing) and I would prefer not to hear it in this moment. I feel like if the boos rain down on him the point will be lost no matter what the intention may be and it may turn into something that I believe we are not. Do not supercharge what has been happening on campus. he may run into the end zone and put up a fist and you may not like that. Booing it will get the response that some may want.

When I coached my kids in youth football I always told the parents before the season starts that we never want to end up on youtube for something embarrassing or something negative. In this situation you may be upset in this moment but lets not become national news for being a racist school. I know we are not. I know we are better. Do not contribute to the narrative that some have been trying to create.

Please consider this if you are headed to the game. Thanks!
Only in the fran era??!! I've heard it long before then. YES, I WILL BOO HIM, I HOPE OFF THE FIELD!!!!!!
TAM85
"Maybe a good compromise - boo / hiss pre-game but cheer for him in the game."

Fair enough.
greg.w.h
AG
Booing says more about your character than you think it says about his. I'm not arguing against it. But I'd see first what he brings to the field and see if he lapses into his summertime behavior before initiating it.

If he does...well...there you go.
aeon-ag
fightintxaggie10 said:

Yo Mond is gonna Mond this year. It blows my mind that over the last two years people keep predicting some magical leap forward in his passing game ability. Dudes gonna look like Mond, boo him or not.
mond is gonna be mond, stumble, fumble, over throw, get intercepted, run into opposition, fall, dance!!!!!!!! I wonder if Fisher really wants to win? I don't think he likes it here and would like to get fired, take his millions and go home. Why else would he keep playing mond??!!
monarch
S
Well if you want Kyle Field to sound like DKR, boo to your hearts content.
Peace for Ukraine!
Aggie2
In the unlikely event that Mond throws a touchdown pass, I hope there is not a sound in the stadium.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
In other news a football post that has made it to the third page. Hadn't seen that in a while.

MaxPower
The fact that we as A&M fans don't typically boo should make the booing he gets that much more meaningful. I doubt he cares though, which really speaks more about him and his enablers (including on the coaching staff) than anyone else.
aeon-ag
Geriatric Punk said:

Feel free to boo from the comfort of your own home.

If you go to Kyle and boo at ANY PLAYER, well, I may exercise my right to accidentally spill drinks on you throughout the game.

FFS
I'm not going to the game or watch it at home, I have better things to do than watch mond and his gang.

BTW- you may spill one drink on me, you won't spill a third one!!!
SNES Chalmers
You can barely hear hissing when the stadium is full, can't imagine how useless it will be a quarter full.
SteveA
AG
I'm an Aggie, so no, I'm not going to boo.
halfastros81
AG
I hadn't thought about booing Mond but Thanks for the idea.

JK. Agree with OP.
JJxvi
AG
Aggie2 said:

In the unlikely event that Mond throws a touchdown pass, I hope there is not a sound in the stadium.
LOL @ this comment.. Kellen Mond is "likely" going to end his career with the school record for most passing touchdowns
sail33or
AG
I can see both arguments.

However my opinion is that our $75MM coach should have found an NFL caliber QB by now. I assure you Mond is NOT a high quality QB. (And this year will just prove it.)

So our coach just works with whoever shows up at A&M. That is how all High School Coaches work.

My biggest disappointment is that EVERY year we ACCEPT Bama beating us. Every Year.

Might as well as go back to Big 12 and accept Oklahoma will beat us EVERY year. (No, we will never get another Manziel.) So we need Bama athletes at every position times 2. Our $75MM coach just hopes a QB will enroll at A&M.) (Jackie Sherrill went and found Murray.)
aeon-ag
SNES Chalmers said:

You can barely hear hissing when the stadium is full, can't imagine how useless it will be a quarter full.
The horse laugh is useless. The "cheer leaders" have the horse laugh going so fast it sounds it sounds like a bunch of guineas cackling!!!!
sail33or
AG
Mond will play great versus Vandy. Just wait till any other SEC Team.

Boo when he plays like Mond in real games. Then the Boos will be on his crappy play.

TAM85
Will be interesting to see whether "Mr. Defund the Corps" is booed or hissed by any members of the Corps.
Slamn Sharpe
redd38 said:

Mond isn't going to get booed

Anyone that feels the need to boo him should be home and watching Netflix
jeffk
AG
If you choose to attend a game and boo one of your own team's players, it says way more about you* than the player you're booing.

*It says that you're an idiot.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
greg.w.h said:

Good thoughts. Mond has everything he needs to be stellar this year. His opportunity to lead and to win. We should desire that he puts the team on his shoulders by executing the offense and on the bench encourage and exhort others to play to leave everything on the field.
Called Aggies RACISTS when he IS one !

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.