Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Where do the players go from here?

7,955 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gunny456
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They clearly have a platform and could play a big role.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Unemployed
AG
Highway 6 runs both ways.
Spyderman
AG
No, I'm serious here. Have any concrete suggestions been put forth in terms of resolving any issues? I don't do the twitter thing. Is this something that is just swept under the rug or?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How about they just ****ing play football? That would be nice.
twogoatsfn
AG
Spyderman said:

well the fact is that there is no depth to their perceived injustice that goes deeper than chanting "no justice no peace". Ask one to really explain and they would sound like an idiot...nothing there.

Right now it is the cool thing to shout "injustice" and that is their only motivation.

Having them try to articulate a "platform" would be comical.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Who really knows. It sounds like Hines and ausbon graduate
In December. My guess is they hit the portal the minute the ink is dry on the diploma. Tucker probably too.
rootube
AG
To the politics board to spread conspiracy theories. No wait, thats you.
vander54
S
I'm sure your post will be deleted but it is not an easy answer.

First thing is no one is going to change anyone's mind on social media or without listening to each other. You can change more with listening than anything else.
World's worst proofreader
30wedge
Spyderman said:

Going to go out on a limb and say I doubt any of them play a big role.
twogoatsfn
AG
vander54 said:

I'm sure your post will be deleted but it is not an easy answer.

First thing is no one is going to change anyone's mind on social media or without listening to each other. You can change more with listening than anything else.
Not a bad idea. Next time you see a protest. Go up and ask them to please explain what they are so upset about...see how that works our for you.

At that point, it would probably be a good idea to shift into full listening mode as those who cannot provide good feedback become easily agitated.
74AnimalA
AG
Well they may have a platform, but....

It's hard enough to focus on the Season, the games, the opponents, the changes in the Aggie Squad, the changes in the Game Plan.

How is that going to work out if they choose to focus on these Utopian platitudes?
Or just lose focus on football?

They also need to keep in mind what the Team Goals are. I doubt any of those goals include anything other than stated team goals.

Add to that, they have individual goals regarding their performance, be it an audition for Pro football or life after football.

Honestly the 2 don't mix. And the Team performance is going to take all of them working together. THIS is Jimbo's Job.

Anything else will result in missing out on opportunity to meet those goals, and mediocre performance by the team and the individuals.

Maybe, just maybe, some have realized that screaming demands doesn't change much of anything. Change is going to take both sides. I have yet to see anyone make demands but to 1 side.

We will see what is important.
Spyderman
AG
rootube said:

Not necessary. We can be mature adults here. I guess nothing has appeared on twitter? Especially from Mr. Hines.

The greater good?
BusterAg
AG
Back to the weight room, if they are smart.
In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense -George Orwell, 1984, Part 1, Chapter 7
Bonfire1996
AG
Hines went to Plano West.
Plano West is in zip code 75093.
75093 is in Collin County.
Collin County is one of the richest counties with highest per capita incomes in Texas.
What zip code in Collin County provides the highest average income?

Hines sure has had a racially tough life. Prolly couldn't catch many breaks in the 75093.
vander54
S
Spyderman said:

rootube said:

Not necessary. We can be mature adults here. I guess nothing has appeared on twitter? Especially from Mr. Hines.

You must not frequent the zoo much. Mature and adults are not two words I would use to describe it.
TexAggie1999
Spyderman said:

No, I'm serious here. Have any concrete suggestions been put forth in terms of resolving any issues? I don't do the twitter thing. Is this something that is just swept under the rug or?

What actual issues need to be resolved?
vander54
S
Get to know one of these players and ask them.
HtownWilly12
2billfighter said:

Spyderman said:

well the fact is that there is no depth to their perceived injustice that goes deeper than chanting "no justice no peace". Ask one to really explain and they would sound like an idiot...nothing there.

Right now it is the cool thing to shout "injustice" and that is their only motivation.

There is plenty depth to the issues at hand that they are concerned about. To answer another question, no there aren't any concrete suggestions because much of the issues they are bringing attention to are systematic and take time. To name a few that seem pretty obvious would be police training reform, educational reform, encouraging voting and fair representation. Your comment of perceived injustice would lead me to believe you live in a racial & socio/economic bubble and are the type of people they are frustrated with. I'm sure the status quo has worked just fine for you so why have empathy to hear and learn about other citizen's problems.

Getting real sick of the vocal minority in the zoo.
PatAg
AG
Whatever you think on the social issues, I can't imagine NFL scouts are going to increase your gradeout because you chose to skip a season for off the field reasons.
vander54
S
Unless you are 1st round material you are taking a step back
sleepybeagle
AG

Quote:

Wait...aren't we supposed to be having a dialog?
vander54
S
No one wants that
HtownWilly12
sleepybeagle said:

Quote:

Wait...aren't we supposed to be having a dialog?

*Dialogue would be great. But every board is filled with negativity to what the players are choosing to do. I've never seen Ags be so ugly to one another and it's disgusting.
twogoatsfn
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

2billfighter said:

Spyderman said:

There is plenty depth to the issues at hand that they are concerned about. To answer another question, no there aren't any concrete suggestions because much of the issues they are bringing attention to are systematic and take time. To name a few that seem pretty obvious would be police training reform, educational reform, encouraging voting and fair representation. Your comment of perceived injustice would lead me to believe you live in a racial & socio/economic bubble and are the type of people they are frustrated with. I'm sure the status quo has worked just fine for you so why have empathy to hear and learn about other citizen's problems.

oh good, Fish On!

First you throw out headline topics that some source has programed into your "brain". You tried but you come across as a programed headline touting zombie with ZERO depth. But hey, I'll play.

What data do you have to support that "police training reform" is really a national issue that needs reform? Hopefully your dramatic call for reform is not based on isolated incidents in a country with over 330 million citizens.

Why does education need reforming?

You can pass on "encouraging voting" as any idiot that has to be "encouraged" to vote...well there are no words.
But certainly interested in what you mean by fair representation. How is it unfair?

lol...for you to attempt a logical argument on the above would make you look foolish and you know it. That is why I expect some childish comment/feedback and off you go. That said, don't hurt yourself big fella...

W
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Who really knows. It sounds like Hines and ausbon graduate
In December. My guess is they hit the portal the minute the ink is dry on the diploma. Tucker probably too.
yep, this is why no one believes the athletes.

most of the COVID and/or SJW stuff is cover for their true intentions...stay on scholarship to graduation and then transfer
Slamn Sharpe
#HtownWilly4Prez
Spyderman
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Spyderman said:

What actual issues need to be resolved?
I've seen the term racial injustice mentioned several times.

The greater good?
twogoatsfn
AG
#McDadeTXAggie_PivotMan
Ags4DaWin
HtownWilly12 said:

2billfighter said:

Spyderman said:

Fact- When standardized for the frequency of violent crimes, blacks are less likely to get shot than whites or any other race.
Fact- Blacks benefit from race based quotas, grants, business initiatives, college entrance scores, college scholarships, affirmative actions hiring, preferential treatment when applying for government contracts, etc more than amy other race.
Fact- Blacks benefitted from mortgage housing reform which forced banks to give them risky mortgages which in turn created the housing bubble and subsequent crash of the 2000's.
Fact- blacks are exponentially more likely to get killed by other blacks than they are the police.
Fact- Black men make up 8% of the population but commit over 50% of the violent crimes in the country.
Fact- Growing up in a single parent household is a much more accurate predictor of a child's likelihood to do drugs, drop out of highschool and get incarcerated than their skin color.

Looks like most of the problems of the black community are internal- meaning that you as a privileged white person cannot step in and fix them.

The black community has to fix the problems themselves. And it is condescending and more than slightly racist for you to believe that they are incapable of doing so.

There is no institutionalized racism against blacks with the exception of the federal crime reform bill championed by the dems, in particular Biden and Clinton (its called the Biden Crime Bill) which has resulted in long term sentencing and mass incarceration of black men in particular for nonviolent drug crimes. Thank God Trump is currently working to get that changed.

This claim that these systematic areas of racism are mysteriously hidden beneath the surface so you can't give concrete examples is bunk. You can't give concrete examples because there are none.

But you feel bad because you see people struggling and you feel bad for them. Gold star for you. But this mysterious boogeyman of systemic racism is just that. I am sorry that you have let the media and liberal academia brainwash you to the point you are incapable of looking at facts rationally and drawing logical conclusions.

But that really is your problem and noone else's. It's a mental handicap you have and for you to use that mental handicap to look down your nose at other people and accuse them of being shortsighted or bigoted or ignorant is just like the emperor parading around town in the nude lime a dam fool because he was too stupid and vain to see that he was naked.

Well all hail emperor HTownWilly!
sonnysixkiller
AG
Home.
Just Tired
Spyderman said:

they have a platform as long as they are playing. otherwise it's back to obscurity. I wouldn't have said this when younger but i'm to the point they could shut athletics down and i wouldn't much care. they've brought much more misery than happiness over the years.
TexAggie1999
Ags4DaWin said:

HtownWilly12 said:

2billfighter said:

Spyderman said:

Fact- When standardized for the frequency of violent crimes, blacks are less likely to get shot than whites or any other race.
Fact- Blacks benefit from race based quotas, grants, business initiatives, college entrance scores, college scholarships, affirmative actions hiring, preferential treatment when applying for government contracts, etc more than amy other race.
Fact- Blacks benefitted from mortgage housing reform which forced banks to give them risky mortgages which in turn created the housing bubble and subsequent crash of the 2000's.
Fact- blacks are exponentially more likely to get killed by other blacks than they are the police.
Fact- Black men make up 8% of the population but commit over 50% of the violent crimes in the country.
Fact- Growing up in a single parent household is a much more accurate predictor of a child's likelihood to do drugs, drop out of highschool and get incarcerated than their skin color.

Looks like most of the problems of the black community are internal- meaning that you as a privileged white person cannot step in and fix them.

The black community has to fix the problems themselves. And it is condescending and more than slightly racist for you to believe that they are incapable of doing so.

There is no institutionalized racism against blacks with the exception of the federal crime reform bill championed by the dems, in particular Biden and Clinton (its called the Biden Crime Bill) which has resulted in long term sentencing and mass incarceration of black men in particular for nonviolent drug crimes. Thank God Trump is currently working to get that changed.

This claim that these systematic areas of racism are mysteriously hidden beneath the surface so you can't give concrete examples is bunk. You can't give concrete examples because there are none.

But you feel bad because you see people struggling and you feel bad for them. Gold star for you. But this mysterious boogeyman of systemic racism is just that. I am sorry that you have let the media and liberal academia brainwash you to the point you are incapable of looking at facts rationally and drawing logical conclusions.

But that really is your problem and noone else's. It's a mental handicap you have and for you to use that mental handicap to look down your nose at other people and accuse them of being shortsighted or bigoted or ignorant is just like the emperor parading around town in the nude lime a dam fool because he was too stupid and vain to see that he was naked.

Well all hail emperor HTownWilly!
Best post in this thread. The issue is not racism.
achooooo
Ags4daWin, you nailed it. Some people just can't handle the truth, especially BLM. It's so easy, comforting and reassuring to be told that your failure to succeed is because someone else held you back; no self examination needed. Talk about privileged and entitled.
TMF
AG
They haven't cared before 2020 because they have been privileged. They still won't do anything. They are sheep and a voice without cause.
HtownWilly12
2billfighter said:

HtownWilly12 said:

2billfighter said:

Spyderman said:

oh good, Fish On!

First you throw out headline topics that some source has programed into your "brain". You tried but you come across as a programed headline touting zombie with ZERO depth. But hey, I'll play.

What data do you have to support that "police training reform" is really a national issue that needs reform? Hopefully your dramatic call for reform is not based on isolated incidents in a country with over 330 million citizens.

Why does education need reforming?

You can pass on "encouraging voting" as any idiot that has to be "encouraged" to vote...well there are no words.
But certainly interested in what you mean by fair representation. How is it unfair?

lol...for you to attempt a logical argument on the above would make you look foolish and you know it. That is why I expect some childish comment/feedback and off you go. That said, don't hurt yourself big fella...

This is my point that there is no adult dialogue about these topics just people having hard line views and throwing out condescending insults. But I'll play.

There is plenty to be done on police reform. Some things that I would like to see get changed would include stop and frisk type policies like in New York that have been proven to be racist and discriminatory. And I would say some of these isolated incidents shed light on the fact that police have the ability to demonstrate deadly force in a situation but receive less than a year of training to become a cop. That's a lot of power and heavy burden for so little prep.

I used to teach and I can tell you first hand that the distribution of resources is by no means equal and puts kids at a disadvantage. The teacher to student ratio is worse in minority schools. These are just a few but ask any teacher in a title 1 school and they will fill in the gaps.

I agree it's our right to vote and every citizen should take that right and exercise it. But I think these athletes are recognizing that many in the minority community don't vote which would mean they and their opinions are not being represented in the policies. Also it's pretty well known the gerrymandering that has occured in many cities and been challenged in the courts as unfair and illegal.

Now I know I made some logical arguments for these but I don't want you to have a tantrum because someone challenged you big fella.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.